Detach Condo - What are the cons??

At the current time, detached or even shared wall units are selling for a bit more.. mainly because their pricing is at a sweet spot people can "afford" here in Irvine.  While some will buy homes that are great than 1M now (SFRs).. they aren't as hot as the attached/detached units that sell at a price for younger families or families without that old money. 

paperboyNC said:
bones said:
To be fair, corte Bella plan 2s started in the mid 800s. Quinterra was never really in the 900s. One may have gotten lucky and gotten a plan 1 for that price but there was probably only one (maybe two).  More realistically, $1m.  So $150k delta. Not insignificant. Yes we can all wait and save more money but some choose not to. And this was all last year. This year, you can't buy either for those prices.

Maybe I'm not as nice. I actually find the buyers that pay 900s for 1900-2200 detached condos annoying because they are encouraging the builders to offer more of these products...

Well PP offered $1M SFRs and people ate them up like crazy.  So what did that encourage the builders to do at BP?  Jack up prices. 

bones said:
Well PP offered $1M SFRs and people ate them up like crazy.  So what did that encourage the builders to do at BP?  Jack up prices.

Didn't PP have low $900k SFRs at the start? PP started out priced too low for several tracts. Not sure if it was purposeful but it was great for lucky buyers like you :)

bones said:
paperboyNC said:
bones said:
To be fair, corte Bella plan 2s started in the mid 800s. Quinterra was never really in the 900s. One may have gotten lucky and gotten a plan 1 for that price but there was probably only one (maybe two).  More realistically, $1m.  So $150k delta. Not insignificant. Yes we can all wait and save more money but some choose not to. And this was all last year. This year, you can't buy either for those prices.

Maybe I'm not as nice. I actually find the buyers that pay 900s for 1900-2200 detached condos annoying because they are encouraging the builders to offer more of these products...

It's all about pricing...Saratoga started at mid-600Ks and Mendocino were low 700s...they ended up at high 800Ks and $1+ million.

Most people don't start looking at detached condos...they end up "settling for" it because off the prices.

Back