Design Opinions

Jenita143

my husband and I are meeting with the designers tomorrow. we have already chosen the golden maple cabinets and we want to do the same wood floors (like the photo), however we can't decide on a wall color. i'm leaning toward a cooler color since i think brown/beige will wash the room out. What's a good color that I won't eventually get sick of seeing and will be easy to match? any suggestions?

IMG_0839.jpg

also, votes on which tiles to choose for the bathrooms?

IMG_0084.jpg

id pick a tile that has less "coloring" (combination of colors required to make the color of the tile), reason being too much coloring and/or certain colors limit what kind of furniture u can match with ur flooring...

i cant really tell by the pictures since sometimes coloring doesnt show unless it is viewed at a certain angle, but off the top of my head id go with either tile 2 or tile 4 for the above mentioned reason

My pick will be either one of first two tiles from the left.  Hard to see from the picture which one of two matches better with the cabinet though
Wood in the kitchen?
I'll never do that.  I'm keeping the standard tile in the kitchen and bathroom, carpet in the rooms, and wood for the rest of the house, including stairs.  I'll do wood and carpet from outside, never through TIC.  Too expensive
TIC has paint upgrade with only three shades of beige, at least for Maricopa.  I don't think you'll have much choice with the builder.  That's why I plan to hire a painter.

Back