Decision - Helena Res 3 vs Petaluma Res 1

Yes. Location all the way.

Thoughts on Petaluma vs Orchard Hills equivalent? Thought Orchard Hills was beautiful and "private" but still in a decent location. Also in the Irvine school district with Northwood High. I'm assuming the privacy and home in the hills is why its a bit more expensive.

themarketingguy77 said:

Thoughts on Petaluma vs Orchard Hills equivalent? Thought Orchard Hills was beautiful and "private" but still in a decent location. Also in the Irvine school district with Northwood High. I'm assuming the privacy and home in the hills is why its a bit more expensive.

Vista Scena is a Petaluma equivalent but attached, with a lower price tag but a higher HOA.  Even with lower price and OH location, Vista Scena sells no where near as fast as Petaluma.  Vista Scena being selling since June of 2014 and now just barely reaches phase 14 where Petaluma reached phase 14 in less than 8 month. 

I thought EW would be cheaper than OH but EW's price is actually similar to OH's price compares Belvedere vs Strada, Piedmont vs Terrazza, etc. 

lnc said:
themarketingguy77 said:

Vista scena is pretty much same as Helena. When we looked at both, Vista scena was a lot more expensive but that was when Helena was in phase 1. Vista scena has a few more upgraded features than Helena though.

I think every Irvine village seems to have the same set of communities. The Vista Scena/Helena is also identical to 3-bedroom attached community we explored in Stonegate. Here's one that recently sold: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/119-Baritone-92620/home/58557500

Vista Scena is a Petaluma equivalent but attached, with a lower price tag but a higher HOA.  Even with lower price and OH location, Vista Scena sells no where near as fast as Petaluma.  Vista Scena being selling since June of 2014 and now just barely reaches phase 14 where Petaluma reached phase 14 in less than 8 month. 

I thought EW would be cheaper than OH but EW's price is actually similar to OH's price compares Belvedere vs Strada, Piedmont vs Terrazza, etc.

Best practices for negotiating with Petaluma \ Villages of Irvine? Share your experience!

Ask for included upgrades, not price deductions?

Thank you!

Are you looking at a particular lot?

themarketingguy77 said:
Best practices for negotiating with Petaluma \ Villages of Irvine? Share your experience!

Ask for included upgrades, not price deductions?

Thank you!

I am actually leaning now toward the Petaluma 2, and no particular lot in general. Should I be worried about the cell towers?

Just dropped by the sales gallery today and they had 4 or 5 Residence 3's still available. On top of that, they were supposed to release the new phase this weekend, but they said it will be pushed next weekend.

For some reason, I have a small feeling that demand is declining. Maybe cause of the holiday season coming up?

There are 4 plan 3's available in Petaluma 1 - everything else is sold out.

I actually heard the opposite, that demand is still growing. Maybe the are swamped with paperwork, or they can't build them fast enough.

As for cell towers, that's a topic that's been discussed pretty heavily here. I think the first lot of Petaluma 2 is further away from the cell tower... something to consider.

Good luck marketingguy!

Hahaha, only a week now. This next lot that opens up should have a bit of a bigger backyard. Very tempting. Saw it mentioned on the other thread as well.

Ahh, only one week haha. Hopefully you get one soon.

Yes, the homes in Phase 17 with the bigger backyard look appealing. A good bit of privacy there!

WOW! This is starting to be a hard choice. Terraza's floor plan is SO cool. Especially with bifolding doors. What are your guys thoughts on the properties? I feel like EW Village is so hard to beat with the lower HOA and just supreme New-ness. Still love Petaluma Res 2 and trying to get the bigger lot size that just came out yesterday.

Thoughts? I know OH is hyped and prestigious, but what about compared to EW Village?

BangBros said:
prices have no where to go but up!!  Eastwood's Petaluma's will be worth over a $1.2 mill each in 2018 so yeah, definitely buy now.  ;)

I agree, I know at least one Petaluma home will worth close to $1.2m in 2018.  :)

lol

lnc said:
BangBros said:
prices have no where to go but up!!  Eastwood's Petaluma's will be worth over a $1.2 mill each in 2018 so yeah, definitely buy now.  ;)

I agree, I know at least one Petaluma home will worth close to $1.2m in 2018.  :)

Back