Cypress village vs Orchard Hills

I live in a detached condo @Jade Court and there is a sub-HOA involved.

Paris said:
irvinehomeowner said:
whome said:
Detached condos and Single family residences will have only 1 HOA.
I believe most detached condos have a sub-HOA too. It just depends on the tract.

SFRs can also have a sub-HOA... but that's more rare.

So does that higher hoa fee cover additional items for the homeowner like trash or front landscaping maintenance etc? That sounds like a lot - $385?

irvinehomeowner said:
whome said:
Detached condos and Single family residences will have only 1 HOA.
I believe most detached condos have a sub-HOA too. It just depends on the tract.

SFRs can also have a sub-HOA... but that's more rare.

Oh really..interesting and good to know!

(But just for viobruin's reference, I do know that in the non gated OH the detached condos do not have the 2 hoa)

OC troll said:
iacrenter said:
SubSolar said:
iacrenter said:
SubSolar said:
Moved into Jasmine @ CV last year which is the closest to the freeway. I can't hear the freeway noise at all from inside. The insulation is really good on new homes. I can blast my home theater all night and get no complaints. I've tried listening from my backyard and can't hear the movies playing inside.

Unfortunately it is not just a noise issue. You need to consider the toxins spewing from all those vehicle along the 5.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3958.msg233931.html#msg233931

Yeah, I'm aware of it. I was just talking about the noise. I have an air filtration system, not sure if it does anything. For what it's worth the elementary school is a block away from me and the kids run around all day breathing the air in, hope the freeway pollution isn't that bad!

I'm kind of surprised there isn't more parental protesting about the proximity of a new school to a major freeway. But like most things in life, people underestimate the danger of things they can't see. That is why the proximity of Irvine's 5th HS to the Musick Jail (in addition to the pollution issue) garnered so much attention.

I live somewhere in CV and as much as I like where I live, I had a couple of similar concerns. The noise (which I can't hear, unless I open my windows, and listen carefully, but then again, I worry about the smog coming from the frwy. Next, I have kids that will be going to school soon and the proximity to the frwy and pollution for the kids also worry me as well. I've been contemplating on making the move to OH. I'm a big fan. I've interviewed a few realtors, and they've mentioned some of these negatives to me that i need to consider when pricing the home  :mad: (Thats one thing I hate, when  you buy they have nothing but good things to say about a house, but when you sell, they point out all the flaws that other potential buyers will complain about). And lastly, I actually like the separation that viobruin mentioned about OH. My opinion, I feel like its too cramped. I get this congested feeling.

You do realize that OH has the pesticides that they spray on the avocado trees also right?  That can't be good for the residents that live there.

When do they spray? I've never seen them do it but then again I don't live there. Are those pesticides more dangerous than the insecticides that are sprayed by my exterminator. Most of my neighbors do the same.

OC troll said:
iacrenter said:
SubSolar said:
iacrenter said:
SubSolar said:
Moved into Jasmine @ CV last year which is the closest to the freeway. I can't hear the freeway noise at all from inside. The insulation is really good on new homes. I can blast my home theater all night and get no complaints. I've tried listening from my backyard and can't hear the movies playing inside.

Unfortunately it is not just a noise issue. You need to consider the toxins spewing from all those vehicle along the 5.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3958.msg233931.html#msg233931

Yeah, I'm aware of it. I was just talking about the noise. I have an air filtration system, not sure if it does anything. For what it's worth the elementary school is a block away from me and the kids run around all day breathing the air in, hope the freeway pollution isn't that bad!

I'm kind of surprised there isn't more parental protesting about the proximity of a new school to a major freeway. But like most things in life, people underestimate the danger of things they can't see. That is why the proximity of Irvine's 5th HS to the Musick Jail (in addition to the pollution issue) garnered so much attention.

I live somewhere in CV and as much as I like where I live, I had a couple of similar concerns. The noise (which I can't hear, unless I open my windows, and listen carefully, but then again, I worry about the smog coming from the frwy. Next, I have kids that will be going to school soon and the proximity to the frwy and pollution for the kids also worry me as well. I've been contemplating on making the move to OH. I'm a big fan. I've interviewed a few realtors, and they've mentioned some of these negatives to me that i need to consider when pricing the home  :mad: (Thats one thing I hate, when  you buy they have nothing but good things to say about a house, but when you sell, they point out all the flaws that other potential buyers will complain about). And lastly, I actually like the separation that viobruin mentioned about OH. My opinion, I feel like its too cramped. I get this congested feeling.

Given those factors, i would say the best part of Cypress Village is the ones between Trabuco and Roosevelt. Not too close to the freeway with noise and air issue while still benefit from the short distance to the freeway entrances. And bonus for asian---99 ranch market plaza.

Back