Cypress Village Marigold vs Pavilion Park Springhouse

FranchisePlr

Co-worker asked me to see what you experts think:

He got called for Springhouse for Plan 1 but is very close (per rep) to CV Marigold and knows of one falling out (Plan 2 or Plan 3).

Wife likes Springhouse because of neighborhood of SFRs but friend said he likes look of Marigold better.  He doesn't like the look of siding vs stucco.

Both are similar in pricing.

Any input would be appreciated.

Is Springhouse like Saratoga where there's no front or back?  The layout is very strange.  The first 3 phases don't have a sidewalk.  It's like an endless looping alley.

Springhouse-Site-Map.gif

The first three phases are a standard neighborhood with street access, no cali court.  All entry doors are from the street.  The ones in orange are later phases and similar to cali courts with driveways.

I would say the location between PP and CV is a big difference.  Tell your friend to pick based on the location he prefers.

The Springhouse homes on regular streets are better than Marigolds on Cali Courts.

That's my opinion.

The Springhouse homes are bigger.

That's a fact.

I went there with him and it is a walkway.  Those are Plan 3s because entryway is on the side.  I actually like Plan 3 because of the "mother in law" suite.  $850k for 4bd, 3.5bath ain't bad.

That Plan 1 is pretty big for a 3 bd, 2.5 bath though.  Driveway and backyard, 4000-4500 sq ft lot for $780k in Irvine anywhere seems like a good price.  Told him to pull the trigger.  He was looking at Treo townhomes a couple months ago in Woodbury and a couple sold for 760k.  Told him it was a no-brainer to pick this up unless he liked the layout of Marigold.  Marigold's floor plan is a beefed up version of the San Mateo homes.

I think Spring House is better because: :D

Pros:
1. Lot is bigger (4000-4500)
2. Further away from the 5 freeway; easy toll access
3. No Apartments in PP
4. Full length drive away

Cons:
1. Closer to the landfill
2. High Mello Roos
3. Elementary school is further away

When marge was pregnant, all she wanted was the beef and mixed veggie bowl from Yoshinoya... Had to drive to the one in Santa Ana Tustin every night... ugh.

I remember the first Yoshinoyas was in Irvine back in the 80s...Now they are more popular in the "ghetto" places.  Their customer base changed over time.

zubs said:
I remember the first Yoshinoyas was in Irvine back in the 80s...Now they are more popular in the "ghetto" places.  Their customer base changed over time.
I don't think there was ever a Yoshinoya in Irvine.

My friend said 775 for Plan 1?  2161 sq ft, 3 bd, 2.5 bath is that good?  Also Plan 3 for 860?  2483 sq ft. 4 bd, 3.5.bath w private suite.  Which one to choose? 

Back