Cypress village demographics

kalbi

For those who live bought in cypress, can you shed some light as to the demographics there? Is it really mostly mainlanders?

Cypress Village has an insane amount of people parking on their streets.  Throughout the entire community, the curbs are completely filled with cars especially in the evenings.  All the apartment communities there are awful, people park outside the community all up and down the street.

You'd think the detached home communities would be a bit better but not really.  One drive up any of the streets in CV with motorcourt homes and you nearly rub fenders with the car passing you. 

There's certainly a lot of mainlanders, but don't know if it's any more % wise than Stonegate.

Definitely a lot of asians from what I have seen so far. My next door neighbors are from China and were not even present for their walk through. They just had their power of attorney represent them. Crazy!

I lived in the Veneto Apartments for just over a year.  I would say there was a good mix of nationalities living there and I would not say that Chinese or other Asian group were the majority.  Regarding the parking in Veneto, it was a pain in the beginning.  However, Veneto management instituted a rule that only cars with parking permits could park inside the apartment community, and violators would face towing. Only two permits were issued per apartment.  Basically, that forced all the extra cars to park on Bay Tree.

rough if you want to have visitors over or have a gathering.. that's always an issue with apartments.

Chairman said:
Definitely a lot of asians from what I have seen so far. My next door neighbors are from China and were not even present for their walk through. They just had their power of attorney represent them. Crazy!

I've been very blessed so far.  My immediate neighbors are awesome and ALL speak English.  There are a lot of Asians but I don't think they are Mainlanders ... do Indians count as Asians in this demographic tally??

I ran into more neighbors at Floral Park over the weekend and the population is diverse, white, asian, latino, etc.  Everyone has been very enthusiastic and we had terrific conversations about our homes and upgrades.  I learned a lot of new info too.

The only Mainlander (she's cranky too) is the one that live in the courtyard across from me and she is RENTING out her unit.  Yikes!  Rental unit already!

OpenSky said:
aquabliss said:
Cypress Village has an insane amount of people parking on their streets.  Throughout the entire community, the curbs are completely filled with cars especially in the evenings.  All the apartment communities there are awful, people park outside the community all up and down the street.

You'd think the detached home communities would be a bit better but not really.  One drive up any of the streets in CV with motorcourt homes and you nearly rub fenders with the car passing you. 

There's certainly a lot of mainlanders, but don't know if it's any more % wise than Stonegate.

this is why we ultimately passed on CV. It is too dense for our liking, and cars piled on top of each other doesn't exactly class the place up. Well, that and we wanted a fireplace.  :p

I was concerned about the car situation too but I don't think it's a fair assessment right now.  Majority of cars belong to construction workers when they are busy working Mon~Sat.  Sunday the streets are VERY quiet and very few cars parked on the side.

I'm happy with no fireplace to maintain and clean.  But I am seriously considering a Real Flame Fireplace. 

http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=real+flame+fireplace&SearchType=Header

Easy to maintain and it heats up just like a real fireplace.

I see your face shield and raise you two bank robbers:

qingdao-china-sun-protection-mask-facekini-2-537x402.jpg

aquabliss said:

Went to a SG park this weekend...50% mainlanders and 50% South Asians.

Back