Current status of Maricopa in Stonegate

Irvine_Dreamer said:
Nous said:
If you are seriously considering buying you should pre-qual.  That said, I don't know how uptight iPac is on pre-qualing with their lender, but I would think that if you pre-qual/pre-qpprove (latter is better) with any lender you should be fine.  Even LV which is quite coveted by the people on this forums still have availability, so you can probably walk in and get a place there (Maricopa) if you want it.
So I can pre-approve with BOA, and later use any lender?  That's good to know.  With BOA's current status, I'm in doubt how competitive they are right now.
Yeah, you can use whatever lender you want later.  BOA is a hit or miss, some of my buyers got good rates and other ones got expensive quotes. 

Irvine_Dreamer said:
The Motor Court Company said:
IndieDev said:
Starlight East said:
IndieDev said:
I can't wait for the free food, and balloons.

You only have to wait until Saturday.
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/assets/pdfs/ICCD_SantaMaria_GO_Flyer.pdf

First Class Pizza is not a bad offering. Tempting.

off topic..
but don't forget to get the free desert from KB's food truck event nearby after you are done with First Class Pizza
http://www.kbhome.com/Promo~PromoID~7066.aspx
Free pizza and dessert...
Maybe I should drop by to pre-qual for Maricopa this weekend after all.  :D
I'll drop by in between showings for some free lunch.  :D  Don't forget to take your realtor long with you over to Maricopa so you can split the broker co-op.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:
IndieDev said:
Starlight East said:
IndieDev said:
I can't wait for the free food, and balloons.

You only have to wait until Saturday.
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/assets/pdfs/ICCD_SantaMaria_GO_Flyer.pdf

First Class Pizza is not a bad offering. Tempting.

off topic..
but don't forget to get the free desert from KB's food truck event nearby after you are done with First Class Pizza
http://www.kbhome.com/Promo~PromoID~7066.aspx
Free pizza and dessert...
Maybe I should drop by to pre-qual for Maricopa this weekend after all.  :D
I'll drop by in between showings for some free lunch.  :D  Don't forget to take your realtor long with you over to Maricopa so you can split the broker co-op.
But I already registered at Maricopa.  I just haven't pre-qual yet.  Can I still take my realtor and split the broker co-op?

mr dreamer:

Irvine, this historically planned community, is comprised of "A" neighborhoods which anchor an area followed by "B" hoods which are fringe hoods with less amenities and are typically less desirable and cheaper.  I think if you search for it you find something.  Northpark = A, Northpark Square = B.      Woodbury = A, Stonegate = B....  get it? 

If you've already registered the general rule is that you are not allowed to come and sign in with your broker (supposed to be first visit).  However, I cannot confirm that you can still do it if you ask nicely...

I know some here have said otherwise, but my experience several times is they want you to pre-qual with the inhouse lender, not any lender of your picking. 

akim997 said:
mr dreamer:

Irvine, this historically planned community, is comprised of "A" neighborhoods which anchor an area followed by "B" hoods which are fringe hoods with less amenities and are typically less desirable and cheaper.  I think if you search for it you find something.  Northpark = A, Northpark Square = B.      Woodbury = A, Stonegate = B....  get it? 

If you've already registered the general rule is that you are not allowed to come and sign in with your broker (supposed to be first visit).  However, I cannot confirm that you can still do it if you ask nicely...

I know some here have said otherwise, but my experience several times is they want you to pre-qual with the inhouse lender, not any lender of your picking.

A and B aren't always what they seem though.  Not everyone feels the need to pay for a resort-like pool and even some B's funnel into better schools that other A's. 

If you've already registered without a Realtor, it is usually a hard sell to get them to allow it.  That said, these people are hurting for sales and are not going to let one walk out the door if it is a matter of money they are ALLOWED to give you.  Co-ops (from what I remember) come from marketing budgets and do not affect the sale price.  If you are a serious buyer and make enough of a stink about it, they should let you sign on a Realtor. 

Same goes for the lender, if you are a serious buyer they should not only accept another lender's approval, but be willing to give you the money they would have awarded if you used their lender.  If it means a sale, they would be stupid not to.  These are sales people and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter how they made the sale so long as they did it.

With the slow sales pace, I think Mr. Dreamer has more pull now than last year where TIC wouldn't even allow broker co-ops.

I would take the broker in with you and explain to them that you have been working with him/her and would like for them to participate. I assume you have been working with one and it would be justifiable to allow them to earn something even if it's a new home.

visited some neighborhoods this weekend.  was told by a couple that they wont be adjusting prices any time soon.  dont know if true, but indication was that they stop or slow building in the winter anyways.  seems like tic is content w current strategy.  eventually list on mls w a few bs upgrades to see if there any suckers err takers.  just look at toscana in laguna altura, they have a 2800 sq ft model 1 listed at over a million on mls... 

Stopped by Maricopa last week... seems like they are getting ready for Phase 7(?) but it's moving slower.

I also noticed they've cut back on the number of Plan 3s they are building. They are replacing them with 1s an 2s. And yes... the 1s are sold out currently. If they are having a hard time selling Plan 3s, just imagine when they eventually build bigger homes north of Maricopa (floorplans similar to San Marino and Toscana), that will takes years to build out.

I was driving around the streets that have been built and the 1s look really lopsided. I appreciate they were trying not to make them look boxy by not building over the garage but they could have utilized that 2nd floor space and kept some aesthetic (like Cortona). Now... they actually look a bit lopsided... like all the house is stacked on one side.

I do think that if they lowered prices all around, they would sell them very quickly but they can't now as it would anger all the earlier phase buyers (which I kind of understand but doesn't that happen in real estate nowadays... it's not the bubble where every phase is going to increase 10s of thousands of dollars).

How are the sales doing at the detached condo tracts?

I still get sales calls from them "threatening" to take my name off the list since I'm supposedly near the top of the list and (gasp!) have not bought one of their homes yet.  Getting a little tired telling them I'm still interested but not right now.  I think if they try this tactic again I'll just tell them go ahead take my name off, I'll re-register with my agent for the broker co-op if I ever decide to buy here.

irvinehomeowner said:
Stopped by Maricopa last week... seems like they are getting ready for Phase 7(?) but it's moving slower.

I also noticed they've cut back on the number of Plan 3s they are building. They are replacing them with 1s an 2s. And yes... the 1s are sold out currently. If they are having a hard time selling Plan 3s, just imagine when they eventually build bigger homes north of Maricopa (floorplans similar to San Marino and Toscana), that will takes years to build out.

I was driving around the streets that have been built and the 1s look really lopsided. I appreciate they were trying not to make them look boxy by not building over the garage but they could have utilized that 2nd floor space and kept some aesthetic (like Cortona). Now... they actually look a bit lopsided... like all the house is stacked on one side.

I do think that if they lowered prices all around, they would sell them very quickly but they can't now as it would anger all the earlier phase buyers (which I kind of understand but doesn't that happen in real estate nowadays... it's not the bubble where every phase is going to increase 10s of thousands of dollars).

I was wondering about area north of Maricopa and San Marcos. The village map shows the layout, so I'm thinking they're getting ready to open two new homes for SG next year?

I think they just raised Plan 1 price. It used to be high 700, but now it shows low 800.  :mad:

Irvine_Dreamer said:
I think they just raised Plan 1 price. It used to be high 700, but now it shows low 800.  :mad:
As far as I know, it's still base priced at $786k.

North of Maricopa will probably be a San Marino type product (cul-de-sac streets) and north of San Marcos is probably more condo projects.

One other thing that I think akim mentioned is that iPac isn't using BofA as their preferred lender anymore. They are using a broker who has access to multiple lenders.

I think they are trying to be more flexible in getting people qualified because it's harder to just go through a single lender.

Irvine_Dreamer said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I was wondering about area north of Maricopa and San Marcos. The village map shows the layout, so I'm thinking they're getting ready to open two new homes for SG next year?

I bought the Plan 1 in Phase 6. I was told that starting from Phase 7, the prices will go up by approx $20k. That is standard practice with any new dev homes. Phase 7 isn't released as of right now. I was told it'll be released middle of Dec.

irvinehomeowner said:
One other thing that I think akim mentioned is that iPac isn't using BofA as their preferred lender anymore. They are using a broker who has access to multiple lenders.

I think they are trying to be more flexible in getting people qualified because it's harder to just go through a single lender.

BofA is out the door. Their preferred lender is now under a lender with its own portfolio of $200M and access to 30+ different products. The new lender is called OnQ Financial.

are the TIC corporate officers on drugs? they should have dropped the price, not raising it...

funkychalupa said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I bought the Plan 1 in Phase 6. I was told that starting from Phase 7, the prices will go up by approx $20k. That is standard practice with any new dev homes. Phase 7 isn't released as of right now. I was told it'll be released middle of Dec.

funkychalupa said:
irvinehomeowner said:

BofA is out the door. Their preferred lender is now under a lender with its own portfolio of $200M and access to 30+ different products. The new lender is called OnQ Financial.
I'll take a wild stab at this but someone high up at that lender knows someone high up at TIC and/or that lender heavily greased the palm of TIC to be the "preferred" lender.  That being said, BofA sucks big time so about time that they get DA BOOT! 

They were selling homes too quickly so to slow down sales they decided to raise prices or did they just say that to prospective buyers to scare them into buying with the "word" of a price increase?  The senior executives at TIC play by their its own rules (or make them up as they go), either that or they live in some BIZZARO world.

are the TIC corporate officers on drugs? they should have dropped the price, not raising it...

funkychalupa said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:
irvinehomeowner said:

In both developments (Maricopa and Laguna Altura), the ONLY plans that sell are the plan 1s.    My opinion is that it (plan 1) is the cheapest 4BR home that they offer, and regardless of price per sq ft metrics (because from that standpoint it isnt cheap), people want to get into a detached true SFR.  I personally think the floor plan in the model 2 is much roomier and nicer, but that the price point is cost prohibitive.    The better strategy (at least for us buyers) is for TIC to lower the prices on the larger floor plans to make them more attractive.  Rather, it seems as if the TIC strategy is to price up the plan 1 to decrease the price delta between that and the larger plans, which may "encourage" buyers to purchase a plan 2... well that and "why the f not" since people are buying the plan 1's.    Even in Cortona (Laguna Altura), all plan 1's that were just released in phase 3 have been sold.  They are base priced at $855K, which I personally think is way overpriced. 

akim997 said:
Even in Cortona (Laguna Altura), all plan 1's that were just released in phase 3 have been sold.  They are base priced at $855K, which I personally think is way overpriced. 
$100k for that little work room off the stairs over the garage. Nice profit (and I doubt the land at LA cost any more than the land at Stonegate).

funkychalupa said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Congrat
Any info on additional cost and hidden fees will be appreciated.

Back