Cressa at Portola Springs - The New Home Company

IrvineNinja said:
We toured Cressa with our feng shui consultant.  She said these had the best floor plans :)  Three of our neighbors are already moving there from WB for the new High School.

Which plan?  Any issues?

IrvineNinja said:
We toured Cressa with our feng shui consultant.  She said these had the best floor plans :)  Three of our neighbors are already moving there from WB for the new High School. 

Maybe you should let them know that Woodbury is also zoned to Portola HS. 

jmoney74 said:
IrvineNinja said:

Which plan?  Any issues?

The feng shui consultant liked all the plans at Cressa.  She said that it flowed really well and felt airy.  She also liked the layout of the plans.  Didn't have any negatives to say. :)

aquabliss said:
IrvineNinja said:

Yes, thanks, but they already know that WB is currently zoned for Portola HS.  They have kids going there right now and are taking the school bus.  (PHS is providing free bus transportation for just this year due to the construction near the sidewalks by the future GP neighborhood by Modjeska). 

The bus is for this year only so they are moving to PS3 Cressa to allow their kids to walk to school starting next academic year.  Besides, they really like the floor plans there and are looking forward to moving in.

IrvineNinja said:
aquabliss said:
IrvineNinja said:

Yes, thanks, but they already know that WB is currently zoned for Portola HS.  They have kids going there right now and are taking the school bus.  (PHS is providing free bus transportation for just this year due to the construction near the sidewalks by the future GP neighborhood by Modjeska). 

The bus is for this year only so they are moving to PS3 Cressa to allow their kids to walk to school starting next academic year.  Besides, they really like the floor plans there and are looking forward to moving in.

Ah ok... I hope they finish the sidewalk all the way down Irvine Blvd. by then.

aquabliss said:
IrvineNinja said:
aquabliss said:
IrvineNinja said:

Ah ok... I hope they finish the sidewalk all the way down Irvine Blvd. by then.

I am sure they will :)

IrvineNinja said:
jmoney74 said:
IrvineNinja said:

Which plan?  Any issues?

The feng shui consultant liked all the plans at Cressa.  She said that it flowed really well and felt airy.  She also liked the layout of the plans.  Didn't have any negatives to say. :)

I am torn now because my fairy godmother and backyard leprechaun said the opposite. Decisions, decisions! Do I listen to one imaginary creation or the other? Who would you guys recommend I go with? How do the fees of the feng shui consultant compare to leprechauns or fairy godmothers? Are they competitive?

Sensational1 said:
IrvineNinja said:
jmoney74 said:
IrvineNinja said:

Which plan?  Any issues?

I am torn now because my fairy godmother and backyard leprechaun said the opposite. Decisions, decisions! Do I listen to one imaginary creation or the other? Who would you guys recommend I go with? How do the fees of the feng shui consultant compare to leprechauns or fairy godmothers? Are they competitive?

Who are you to say what someone can believe in or not?  This is a great forum full of differing opinions which I love and this specific poster believes in feng shui.  Whether it can be proved or not, feng shui is the concept of a home being a good match for someone's energy and the flow of positive energy.  That's his own decision and it's not like you are paying for it out of your pocket.  It's much like religion.  There's tons of religions in the world and people put their faith in it.  Can it ever be truly proven the things that happened in the bible or even if reincarnation is real in Buddhism? Maybe not but people make their own decisions

To IrvineNinja: If you got a great response from your fengshui consultant, it should make your decision to buy much easier.  Best of luck! I'm too poor for Cressa but it looks great

Sensational1 said:
IrvineNinja said:
jmoney74 said:
IrvineNinja said:

Which plan?  Any issues?

weak

SoclosetoIrvine said:
Sensational1 said:
IrvineNinja said:
jmoney74 said:
IrvineNinja said:

Which plan?  Any issues?

Who are you to say what someone can believe in or not?  This is a great forum full of differing opinions which I love and this specific poster believes in feng shui.  Whether it can be proved or not, feng shui is the concept of a home being a good match for someone's energy and the flow of positive energy.  That's his own decision and it's not like you are paying for it out of your pocket.  It's much like religion.  There's tons of religions in the world and people put their faith in it.  Can it ever be truly proven the things that happened in the bible or even if reincarnation is real in Buddhism? Maybe not but people make their own decisions

To IrvineNinja: If you got a great response from your fengshui consultant, it should make your decision to buy much easier.  Best of luck! I'm too poor for Cressa but it looks great

Of course you are free to believe in whatever "skydaddy" makes you feel warm and comfy on the inside or whatever psychic or feng shui or scam you want to burn your money on. That is your freedom and right to do so, and I certainly support it. It is what makes our modern, progressive, secular Western civilizations great. By the same token, it is also my right to laugh, scrutinize, and critique ridiculous stupidity and nonsense.

"Who am I to say whether or not they can believe in something?" I am not questioning whether they have the "right" to believe in it; I am saying there is no evidence to support the claim. I find it hilarious that here in the 21st century (where we use objective evidence and facts to make decisions about science, medicine, or to drive policy on issues like climate change) that suddenly, when it comes to religion, or in this case, feng shui, we abandon all objective rationale and the needed validity and bar of proof falls becomes non-existent. 

"Can it ever be truly proven the things that happened in the bible or even if reincarnation is real in Buddhism?" No, it can't and hasn't. The onus of proof is on the claim being made. Can you disprove to me that there isn't an invisible, undetectable lizard king under your bed?

It is my hope for humanity that we are able to move out of our current flavor of the millennium "skydaddy" worship phase much in the way we moved away from believing in Zeus, Thor, and other gods of the previous eras.

In a nutshell, spending money on Feng Shui is no different than paying a late night visit to Miss Zulu, the mystic lady with a crystal ball, who will tell you your darkest desires and secrets at 9 PM on a Wednesday night because she "knows" all for a few hundred bucks, yet she chooses to not use her gift of foresight to play the lottery and pick winning numbers. The same way your Feng Shui expert will detect and pick up on invisible energy flows throughout the house and instruct you on how to maximize them for a nominal fee. What a great value!

My biggest amusement about it is that home buyers will take the time to objectively research things such as job growth, average income, crime rates, school systems to validate and evaluate the quality of their home purchase through data and facts, and then turn to something like Feng Shui to evaluate the home floorplan and design itself to let them know they made the right pick. It is amazing how compartmentalized the human brain can operate.

I don't believe in Feng Shui. But in our neck of the woods a lot of buyers do. So it is relevant in this context because if a large percentage of the buyer pool uses it to influence their decision whether or not to buy a home then it is certainly relevant and has tangible value. One of my good friends had a home on a dreaded T intersection and they had a hell of a time selling it. Why? Poor Feng Shui. Even though my friend could have cared less about it, it had a tremendous negative impact on their ability to sell their home. My point is that irrespective of whether you believe in it or not, it is important to know since it may have some tangible negative (or positive) value if the buyer pool ascribes to that way of thinking. Then at least you've done your due diligence instead of finding out later the hard way?

PSForever said:
BruinDoc said:
I don't believe in Feng Shui. But in our neck of the woods a lot of buyers do. So it is relevant in this context because if a large percentage of the buyer pool uses it to influence their decision whether or not to buy a home then it is certainly relevant and has tangible value. One of my good friends had a home on a dreaded T intersection and they had a hell of a time selling it. Why? Poor Feng Shui. Even though my friend could have cared less about it, it had a tremendous negative impact on their ability to sell their home. My point is that irrespective of whether you believe in it or not, it is important to know since it may have some tangible negative (or positive) value if the buyer pool ascribes to that way of thinking. Then at least you've done your due diligence instead of finding out later the hard way?

I think this is a very good point, as the current majority of potential buyers are from China and I am assuming that many look to feng shui when deciding to buy their home/investment property. 

Great post and I agree! Odds are fengshui is no more than superstition or a pure waste of money, but feng shui consultants almost always agree with each other with their findings.  Most buyers are from China or Chinese especially in Irvine so why not get the opinion not for your sake but for your potential buyer's sake

Fengshui as a very basic example is not some crystal ball/tarot card reading...it's how the home is shaped.  I'll give one easy example: stairs should not flow straight to the door.  Like you shouldn't be able to open the door and see the stairs straightaway...any angle or directional change is okay.  It's the concept that your money will "flow" right out the door...whereas any angle you "keep" your money.  This is a specific able to be proven fact if a stair faces the door.  The part where this is discussion is if it really does affect how your money will "flow" in the future.  I can guarantee you right now that even if you list the deal of the century in a home, if a Chinese buyer opens the door and sees the stairs, they are not offering anything for the property. 

@ soclosetoirvine - why is money flowing down the stairs in the first place? And I know there is one thing thing Chinese love more than feng shui, a great deal. The house can be at T intersection and stairs facing the front door and toilet over the kitchen etc, if the house is priced right, they will buy the damn house.

On top of spaghetti,
All covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball money
When somebody sneezed.

It rolled off the table, down the stairs
And on to the floor,
And then my poor meatballmoney,
It rolled out of the door.

Back