Cox Internet Netgear CG4500BD

Tarmacpro

Any geeks out there that have Cox Internet and using the Netgear CG4500BD Dual Band Gateway?  I'm particularly interested in using a Netgear WNDR3700v3 as a wireless repeater and the Netgear CG4500BD as the base.

Guess what? The Cox installer came out today and was not able to find the "tap" for my house.  He did not have a map to determine where it was located.  He did find one for the homes in the next motor court.  Either it's buried under the mulch or Cox did not provision the street side of the line.

Tarmacpro said:
Guess what? The Cox installer came out today and was not able to find the "tap" for my house.  He did not have a map to determine where I was located.  He did find one for the homes in the next motor court though.  Either it's buried under the mulch or Cox did not provision the street side of the line.

This happened to me.  Cox did not drop a line to my house. Their first visit determined that I did not have a drop. The second visit was to set up the drop then the third visit was for the install. Had to miss work for three damn days. I complained and I got something for free, can't remember what

So how long did the whole process take?

qwerty said:
Tarmacpro said:
Guess what? The Cox installer came out today and was not able to find the "tap" for my house.  He did not have a map to determine where I was located.  He did find one for the homes in the next motor court though.  Either it's buried under the mulch or Cox did not provision the street side of the line.

This happened to me.  Cox did not drop a line to my house. Their first visit determined that I did not have a drop. The second visit was to set up the drop then the third visit was for the install. Had to miss work for three damn days. I complained and I got something for free, can't remember what

Tarmacpro said:

qwerty said:
Tarmacpro said:

About a week and a half. The appt to do the drop took about two hours. Then when they came over to install the modem and phone took about an hour. The guys who do the drop is a different department than the regular install guys.

You know you can now have Cox come out after 5pm and on Sat/Sun.

They will even call you when they are on the way. Very convenient if you live near where you work.

So Cox sent out a representative the following day to make sure I didn't cancel my order.  This was really cool b/c I ended up getting a big discount.

It turns out that the landscapers had buried the Cable TV junction box on the curb and that is why we were not able to find it.  The 2nd installer was able to find it with the help of maintenance person from IP.

Also I ended up getting the Motorola 6121 b/c the Cox Preferred plan is rated at 25 Mbps.  My download speed ends up being roughly 30 Mbps.  You only need to get the SB6141 if you are getting the Ultimate 150 Mbps plan.  SB6121 ended up being $40 cheaper.

The BAT said:
Tarmacpro said:

qwerty said:
Tarmacpro said:

About a week and a half. The appt to do the drop took about two hours. Then when they came over to install the modem and phone took about an hour. The guys who do the drop is a different department than the regular install guys.

Back