Cox Internet Monthly Data Plan

Tarmacpro

I was just curious if anyone has received a letter or warning from Cox Cable for exceeding the Monthly Data Plan.  I have the Preferred Package and have consistently been hitting 300 to 350 gb every month.  I think it's due to my family watching a lot of Netflix.

I go over 300 gigs every single month and always get the notice. One time it was more than double that. Makes absolutely no different, several Cox representatives have said it's just a notice saying you may want to get a faster plan or whatever. But there's no penalty and you can keep going over every month.

Over 300gb a month?!?

I think both of you are running Tiger Mom server farms with bones.

I checked my Data Usage and I average about 125gb a month... so maybe 300gb isn't that outrageous.

They don't currently charge for overages, this FAQ article should answer most of your questions:
http://www.cox.com/residential/supp...rticleId=2fd6ccb0-b13a-11df-4be3-000000000000

Looks like they will also be doubling the speed on Preferred (50mb) and higher plans. Poor ps9, ZeroLot will be 10 times faster.

I believe the speeds have already doubled, my Uverse contract is over end of the month, gonna rechallenge with another speedwave!

A Playstation 4 or Xbox One game can be 50 gigs. Also started streaming Netflix 4k, takes a lot of bandwidth.

ZeroLot said:
Since when did Cox have a data usage tool?
https://myaccount.cox.net/internettools/datausage/usage.cox

I get 400 GB a month at the Ultimate Package.  Not much higher than 350 GB.

So far the Zerolots only use about 100 GB a month at home.  But this is disconcerting news that my Cable internet has a limit on how much data I can use.

Read my post above. There are no limits on Cox. They won't shut your service down or charge you more if you go over 300, 400, etc. It's not your cell phone provider. Once you go over 300 or whatever they just send you a notice,  it's meaningless for the most part.

SubSolar said:
ZeroLot said:
Since when did Cox have a data usage tool?
https://myaccount.cox.net/internettools/datausage/usage.cox

I get 400 GB a month at the Ultimate Package.  Not much higher than 350 GB.

So far the Zerolots only use about 100 GB a month at home.  But this is disconcerting news that my Cable internet has a limit on how much data I can use.

Read my post above. There are no limits on Cox. They won't shut your service down or charge you more if you go over 300, 400, etc. It's not your cell phone provider. Once you go over 300 or whatever they just send you a notice,  it's meaningless for the most part.

If you don't respond to notice and you go over threshold, Cox will automatically put you in next internet tier up. It happened to me.

I've gotten the notice for at least 6 months in a row. What do you mean by respond? I'm on the second fastest plan, BTW.

SubSolar said:
I've gotten the notice for at least 6 months in a row. What do you mean by respond? I'm on the second fastest plan, BTW.

If I remember correctly, the notice says you are going over and to call.

Just replaced my 5 year old modem with a newer DOCSIS 3.0 modem and I'm finally able to take advantage of the new speeds

biuniu said:
Just replaced my 5 year old modem with a newer DOCSIS 3.0 modem and I'm finally able to take advantage of the new speeds

Weeks before DOCSIS 3.1's are supposed to come out...

woodburyowner said:
SubSolar said:
Weeks before DOCSIS 3.1's are supposed to come out...

Source?  I don't see any info on a 3.1 compatible modem being released in the coming weeks.

Was slight exaggeration, there's no hard release date yet. Won't matter if he's not getting Gigabit Internet anyway.

I've used about 315 gb of my 'allotted' 400 gb so far.  Probably gonna surpass it next month.  Left my Echo on all day playing free Amazon prime music.  We didn't stream that many movies, maybe the Foscams/Dropcams?  Oh I think I see a pattern in the chart of my data usage:  it correlates with the days of the month in which there are new free games on Playstation Plus and Xbox Gold

Back