Cost per Square Foot per Village?

??? said:
O Hills said:
??? said:
Capella is nearly at the price of La Vita, and since La Vita is about 500 sf larger than Capella (without any options) and has a view, Capella is a rip-off.

Wrong for a couple reasons:

--  The current homes (and next few phases) of La Vita have no view, while Capella's next phase homes have great views.

--  Check the pricing again, one home fell out of the preceding phase, but the current phase is approx $1.6M starting v. Capella at $1.4M ish. 

--  LV Ph. 4 pricing wont be close to Capella Ph. 4 pricing.

La Vita homes with no views??? What lot numbers are they? I thought only Plan 3s have no views? All La Vita homes would have a view, whether it would be of the freeway or the apartments. And, Capella Phase 11 (the next phase open) will be similar to La Vita Phase 4 after the crowd comes.

P.S. La Vita 7000-11000 sf lots vs. Capella 3000 sf. lot???? I don't think so.

OK.  So, no 3000 lots in Capella.  I think the smallest is about 1000 sf more than that.
But what's a 1000 SF b/t TI friends?

If the lot size is worth $200K to you, that's your preference.
But, be somewhat realistic and acknowledge that Capella is clearly not a "rip off."

I don't know what the largest lot is, but the smallest lot according to the following map is 3760 sf.

106wsya.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
So Capella is 4000sft lot?

I dont have the numbers, but I think the range is a bit less than 4000 to 7000 or more.
But just from memory, most are between 4K to 5K.

Generally, the smallest yards in the Grove, but not 3000 sf.

3760 is technically in the 3000's range. Therefore, it is neither "outlandish" nor "out of touch with reality". Please use vocabulary properly.

But otherwise, deal.

??? said:
O Hills said:
irvineboy said:
Excluding capella?

So all the non gated is a good buy?

Yeah, that's his opinion and is probably wrong depending on when/where you buy.
Because Capella is so popular and selling so quickly, they're a few phases ahead of most of the other neighborhoods.
(By the time the others get to Ph. 4, they may have raised their prices several times.)
There may come a time when Capella loses its appeal as the least expensive option, but that time hasn't come yet- IMO.

I didn't know you were a fortune teller either. If you were so good at it, why aren't you looking at Trevi or Hidden Canyon??? (cough, cough) And, make sure to read things first before responding.

"Capella's next open phase will be Phase 11"

P.S. Make sure you check your research skills before you question someone else's. I know I'm not the most "techy" person, but I am confident that I do my research thoroughly.

Right, i was talking sequencing, not numbering.
I'm sure you understood that from context, but good catch.

??? said:
3760 is technically in the 3000's range. Therefore, it is neither "outlandish" nor "out of touch with reality". Please use vocabulary properly.

But otherwise, deal.

Your premise that "Capella is a rip off" was absurd.
The arguments you used to support it, (3000 sf lots and no view compared to La Vita) were incorrect.

Using your, "if i get in the range, I'm right" logic, you could just as easily have said Capella has 5000 sf lots.

There's no shame in being wrong.
Next time, just tone it down and you'll be OK.

Paris167 said:
??? said:
Paris167 said:
irvineboy said:
Excluding capella?

So all the non gated is a good buy?

yes apparently according to our "experts" here on TI  ::)

I didn't know you were an expert either, Paris whatever the number stands for. You yourself didn't even know about the grove demolitions in the future. Tsk, tsk. And, I never said that I was an expert either. Before you post anything in TI in the future, make sure you verify your facts first.  ;)

I'm not the "know it all" poster like you claim to be. Did I ever say I was an expert..don't put words into my mouth.

And if you look at the previous "avocado groves" thread you would see in an earlier post that of course I knew about the possibility of the avocado groves coming down - so looks who's presuming now.

For your info my friend purchased a LaVita plan2 phase 1 for $1.65mil for view and if you looked at their pricing sheet you would know that they also have "non view" lots for $1.45mil. Maybe you should check your facts first as well

Who needs accurate facts when you can just use creative rounding?

eyephone said:
Geesh - both of you needs to kick back. #too funny

Haha-- too much?
Just correcting misinformation.
Plus I have a soft spot for Paris.  ;)

Not in a creepy way though-- I have fond youthful memories of Paris in the Spring.
#okmaybeitsalittlecreepy

WTTCMN said:
eyephone said:

eyephone: hashtags = no spaces.  #category3

WTTCMN will be hosting a tutorial on the proper use of hashtags in an improper forum.
Or she'll just keep spot correcting.
#stilldontgetit

WTTCMN said:
O Hills said:
WTTCMN said:
eyephone said:

eyephone: hashtags = no spaces.  #category3

WTTCMN will be hosting a tutorial on the proper use of hashtags in an improper forum.
Or she'll just keep spot correcting.
#stilldontgetit

sheesh - just trying to help a brother out.  apologies for crashing this enlightening thread!

I appreciate it and really need the tutorial.  #totallyunhip

Back