Corte Bella in OH or Jasmine in CV

Instead of looking into which neighborhood is better or which floor plan is more suitable, let's look at this from another angle.

If you are young, first time home buyer with very young children, buy at CV first.  Lower price, lower HOA etc helps with your monthly expenses.  Walking distance to the elementary school and with the middle school close by will make your daily routine so much easier. Also your children will enjoy trio of parks, playground and two swimming poor all within the community.

Once your children are older, close to high school age,  and hopefully by that  time you are more financially established,  move to the gated side of Orchard Hills (By that time the gated Groves East should be ready and your children are going to Northwood High.) :)

How much is Plan 2 going for?  I'm curious because it looks almost the same as my old Coronado in WBE and am wondering how it stacks up with my $816k sell price (bought for $650k in 2010).

Changer said:
CB for the seclusion and prestige. Much better community feel vs CV.

Someone please explain the "prestige" to me. I don't find anything about OH prestigious about the homes or location except for the HOA and the pricing. All of the homes there are basically the same as in other communities.

It feels like buying at $45k Accord here.

Generally agree with; current communities aren't what I would consider premium unless you have a view.  Do think that later phases will be pretty good, should have view lots, hillside=lower density (usually), no thru traffic(but you're on the furthest north side of Irvine). 

LongIrvine said:
Generally agree with; current communities aren't what I would consider premium unless you have a view.  Do think that later phases will be pretty good, should have view lots, hillside=lower density (usually), no thru traffic(but you're on the furthest north side of Irvine).

In other words, it's in the boonies.  ;) :D

soysen said:
Changer said:

Someone please explain the "prestige" to me. I don't find anything about OH prestigious about the homes or location except for the HOA and the pricing. All of the homes there are basically the same as in other communities.

It's the location... the rolling hills, the bucolic orchards, but most importantly prestigious neighbors like Paris and Perspective.

DJW1705 said:
LongIrvine said:

In other words, it's in the boonies.  ;) :D

Yep...OH reminds me of a $45k Honda Accord. All homes are packed to Irvine Pacific standards. There are few exceptions, but everyone basically has a nice view of their neighbor's bedroom just like any other community. Lots of small. Crote Bella has crazy zero lot lines. On top of that, you get to pay crazy HOA frees and basically in the boonies.

WTTCHMN said:
soysen said:
Changer said:

It's the location... the rolling hills, the bucolic orchards, but most importantly prestigious neighbors like Paris and Perspective.

Goes back to my original question. Please define "prestigious." Even at the Groves, the homes aren't all that special. You get the 261 toll roads next to you and Tustin Schools. Please do explain.

I think it's all pretty subjective. You obviously won't be a buyer there but there are others that are and willing to pay a premium for it.  To each their own.

Why do people hate the toll roads, it's so convenient.

For a buyer that doesn't care for iusd, want new, large, the groves is def an option. Some of the homes do have great views, some have nice lots as well.

bones said:
I think it's all pretty subjective. You obviously won't be a buyer there but there are others that are and willing to pay a premium for it.  To each their own.

The truth is I would buy at OH, I just don't understand what the prestige is all about but I'm trying to get it. The lots look typical Irvine packed style. The HOA at Entrata and vista scena at 385 is ridiculous. The "SFRs" at Corte Bella, with its zero lot lines where owners can't even access one of their exterior walls is cringe worthy. And for a million?? Others call the location secluded, but it's really no more secluded than any other community. On the other hand it's a pain just to run errands and go anywhere without a car. "boonies" seems more fitting than secluded. Some lots do have a nice view, but those lots few and far between. Parks are pretty sparse at OH when compared to BP or even Legacy.

Hmmm so someone please explain the Premium OH is selling on? Seems all smoke and mirrors to me.

Your first sentence "The truth is I would buy at OH" contradicts the rest of what you wrote.  Did you mean you 'wouldn't' buy at OH?  You gave several reasons why you couldn't justify the premium or the perceived prestige. 

soysen said:
bones said:

The truth is I would buy at OH, I just don't understand what the prestige is all about but I'm trying to get it. The lots look typical Irvine packed style. The HOA at Entrata and vista scena at 385 is ridiculous. The "SFRs" at Corte Bella, with its zero lot lines where owners can't even access one of their exterior walls is cringe worthy. And for a million?? Others call the location secluded, but it's really no more secluded than any other community. On the other hand it's a pain just to run errands and go anywhere without a car. "boonies" seems more fitting than secluded. Some lots do have a nice view, but those lots few and far between. Parks are pretty sparse at OH when compared to BP or even Legacy.

Hmmm so someone please explain the Premium OH is selling on? Seems all smoke and mirrors to me.

Back