coronavirus

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I don't think the studies "proved" there was no impact. It just theorized that there was offset of increased social distancing due to fear, curfews and business closures because of the protests.

As for your previous comments... ignorance is bliss.

Yeah ok. You know what ignorance is bliss, the ignorance that you think covid can be stopped. It can?t and it won?t. This shit is here to stay until a good treatment/vaccine is developed. Or perhaps there is no immunity? Then what? Just keep living the rest if your life doing takeout and wearing your mask and staying home? Good luck

Your whole idea of let everyone do what they want won't work.

The point is to keep people safe until the treatments/vaccines exist... economy won't do well unless everyone buys in to keeping everyone safe... just like other countries.

People stopped smoking indoors, everyone tries to wear there seatbelts... wearing a mask and social distancing isn't that hard and it won't be forever.

And if there is no immunity... then suck it up and abide by the proper safety protocols instead of spreading it around ignorantly thinking there are no long term effects.

You keep puffing your chest out... go get Covid and then come back and tell me not to be concerned about public health.

Mety said:
Why calling my Christian faith fake? Why would I bother writing all those LONG posts in God thread for? So that I can get back to make fun of GP an PS again? So that EW and OH can sell like a hotcake again? Come on. I don't mind your view of disagreement, but you gotta come with a reason why you call out such and such. Something a 5-yr-old can do better, na mean?

If you disagree or misunderstood of what I've been writing about Christian faith, you can simply ask before you put an insult. You know how you used to PM me with your genuine questions? You don't have to PM me anymore, but just simply ask here.

You're in it for the long con, like the Chinese magician in "The Prestige" where he walked with a limp to conceal the massive fish bowl he would conjure up during his performance.  He was so committed he did it for 20 years.

zubs said:
Mety said:
Why calling my Christian faith fake? Why would I bother writing all those LONG posts in God thread for? So that I can get back to make fun of GP an PS again? So that EW and OH can sell like a hotcake again? Come on. I don't mind your view of disagreement, but you gotta come with a reason why you call out such and such. Something a 5-yr-old can do better, na mean?

If you disagree or misunderstood of what I've been writing about Christian faith, you can simply ask before you put an insult. You know how you used to PM me with your genuine questions? You don't have to PM me anymore, but just simply ask here.

You're in it for the long con, like the Chinese magician in "The Prestige" where he walked with a limp to conceal the massive fish bowl he would conjure up during his performance.  He was so committed he did it for 20 years.

So any reason why you call me a con? I get your insults but not sure why though. Or do you simply hate me because I gave some political agendas that contradict your beliefs?

zubs said:
I'm just stoking the fire.  I believe you are very religious.

The word religious can mean many things. But thanks for being honest and saying you were just trying to ignite the fight for fun.

akkord said:
Mety said:
zubs said:
I'm just stoking the fire.  I believe you are very religious.

The word religious can mean many things. But thanks for being honest and saying you were just trying to ignite the fight for fun.

**Grabs popcorn  >:D

Sorry akkord. No entertaining popcorn grabbing stuff is happening so far. We need someone like YF to truly ignite that kind of entertainment. People like us got no skills to pull such.

So for all of you who think "I'll just get Covid, have mild or no symptoms... easy peasy"... think again:

The emerging long-term complications of Covid-19, explained
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/8/21251899/coronavirus-long-term-effects-symptoms

Because Covid-19 is a new disease, there are no studies about its long-term trajectory for those with more severe symptoms; even the earliest patients to recover in China were only infected a few months ago. But doctors say the novel coronavirus can attach to human cells in many parts of the body and penetrate many major organs, including the heart, kidneys, brain, and even blood vessels.

?The difficulty is sorting out long-term consequences,? says Joseph Brennan, a cardiologist at the Yale School of Medicine. While some patients may fully recover, he and other experts worry others will suffer long-term damage, including lung scarring, heart damage, and neurological and mental health effects.

The UK National Health Service assumes that of Covid-19 patients who have required hospitalization, 45 percent will need ongoing medical care, 4 percent will require inpatient rehabilitation, and 1 percent will permanently require acute care. Other preliminary evidence, as well as historical research on other coronaviruses like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), suggests that for some people, a full recovery might still be years off. For others, there may be no returning to normal.

There?s a lot we still don?t know, but here are a few of the most notable potential long-term impacts that are already showing up in some Covid-19 patients.

It goes on to talk about:

- Lung scarring
- Stroke, embolisms, and blood clotting
- Heart damage
- Neurocognitive and mental health impacts
- Childhood inflammation, male infertility, and other possible lasting effects

So, yeah, while only a small percentage may die... I don't think any of you want to deal with any of the above (well... maybe qwerty wants the male infertility) because how do you know you will only get mild symptoms and not the serious ones?

This is not the flu, this is more like SARS/MERS which is why there is more concern about it.

I guess qwerty's new quote can be "If you get damaged lungs, heart and brain, you get damaged lungs, heart and brain."

We will be lucky if we are done with this by 2022.  The question we need to answer is how to slow the spread and deaths while allowing the economy to get back to production.

Pretending everything is pointless and choose your own poison is a formula for horrid months, people hunkering down devastating the economy and repeating when things calm and then recur.

I think IHO kind of suggested the best solution. We should remain open businesses but enforce the masks law.

I personally don't want to keep wearing masks, but in order to keep everybody happy, that seems to be the best solution as of now if we keep having concerns over this for couple years.

Mety said:
I think IHO kind of suggested the best solution. We should remain open businesses but enforce the masks law.

I personally don't want to keep wearing masks, but in order to keep everybody happy, that seems to be the best solution as of now if we keep having concerns over this for couple years.

Florida residents furious over ?devil?s law? requiring face masks

Florida?s Palm Beach County made face masks mandatory this week amid a surge in coronavirus cases ? prompting a furious response from residents, including one who rebuked county commissioners for practicing the devil?s law. Several people lashed out during the public comment session of the meeting.

They want to throw God?s wonderful breathing system out the door,  said one woman, only identified by her first name, Sylvia, according to the report.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/florida-residents-furious-over-devils-law-requiring-masks/

nosuchreality said:
We will be lucky if we are done with this by 2022.  The question we need to answer is how to slow the spread and deaths while allowing the economy to get back to production.

Pretending everything is pointless and choose your own poison is a formula for horrid months, people hunkering down devastating the economy and repeating when things calm and then recur.

We can?t keep doing rinse and repeat. Shutdown, reopen, shutdown reopen. Creates to much uncertainty and freezes up decision making for businesses.

If you haven?t noticed, we are all selfish and just care about ourselves (generally speaking).  The published infection rates and death rates did not deter protesters, did not deter people from going to bars/restaurants/beaches, etc.  as long as you aren?t the one dying people generally don?t care. And most people like their chances vs  covid

The longer COVID is with us the more accustomed we will be to deaths related to covid.

I think It is now clear that governments cause more harm than COVID itself. As that jobs report indicated, things were turning around.

Beware, some possible long term effects of covid-19 infection include:

- Male Breast Growth
- Impotence
- Incontinence
- Compulsive lying
- Bad Breath
- Constipation
- Spontaneous combustion
- Narcolepsy

and much, much more!

qwerty said:
nosuchreality said:

We can?t keep doing rinse and repeat. Shutdown, reopen, shutdown reopen. Creates to much uncertainty and freezes up decision making for businesses.

If you haven?t noticed, we are all selfish and just care about ourselves (generally speaking).  The published infection rates and death rates did not deter protesters, did not deter people from going to bars/restaurants/beaches, etc.  as long as you aren?t the one dying people generally don?t care. And most people like their chances vs  covid

The longer COVID is with us the more accustomed we will be to deaths related to covid.

I think It is now clear that governments cause more harm than COVID itself. As that jobs report indicated, things were turning around.

If NYC repeats April, people won?t get used to it.

If any other US city has a NYC type of April this fall, people will crap a brick.

500 cases a day and 10 deaths out of 3.3 million in OC and we will become numb to it.  If we go NYC and we run a month dropping 200 dead a day, people will be scared.  If there?s any indication it?s not ?Done? and it could repeat, they will be paranoid too.

OC was a ghost town when the bad shit was 3000 miles away. What do you think will happen when the bad shit is right here in Shady Canyon and Turtle Rock?

I went to Costco today for the first time since before lockdown.  Either people never stopped, or they?re starting again, but there were multiple people pushing cartloads of TP.  3, 4, 5 packs of the biggest pack of TP they have.

The fear of NYC hasn?t stopped anyone from going out when things reopened. The increased case count, which in theory would lead to more deaths didn?t prevent people from going to probably the highest risk businesses (bars). Everyone knows NYC is a possibility and it didn?t deter people one bit.

You say OC was a ghost town while NYC was going on. I think CA was already locked down so people had nowhere to go. Once things reopened things were anything but a ghost town. People like USC were saying they hadn?t seen so many people at the mall during the middle of the weekday.

You keep on saying what if, and people?s action clearly indicate they they don?t care about the what if.

Happiness said:
Beware, some possible long term effects of covid-19 infection include:

- Male Breast Growth
- Impotence
- Incontinence
- Compulsive lying
- Bad Breath
- Constipation
- Spontaneous combustion
- Narcolepsy

and much, much more!

Sharing your personal experience?  >:D

qwerty said:
The fear of NYC hasn?t stopped anyone from going out when things reopened. The increased case count, which in theory would lead to more deaths didn?t prevent people from going to probably the highest risk businesses (bars). Everyone knows NYC is a possibility and it didn?t deter people one bit.

You say OC was a ghost town while NYC was going on. I think CA was already locked down so people had nowhere to go. Once things reopened things were anything but a ghost town. People like USC were saying they hadn?t seen so many people at the mall during the middle of the weekday.

You keep on saying what if, and people?s action clearly indicate they they don?t care about the what if.

qwervisionist history.

I can refute this with timelines and facts but those don?t matter to you. :)

qwerty said:
nosuchreality said:

I agree with this. And the governments wouldn't have to if people just followed safety protocols. There are multiple examples of countries where the citizens wear masks and adhere to protocols and they are open.

If you haven?t noticed, we are all selfish and just care about ourselves (generally speaking).  The published infection rates and death rates did not deter protesters, did not deter people from going to bars/restaurants/beaches, etc.  as long as you aren?t the one dying people generally don?t care.

I don't think this is quite true. When Cali locked down, it wasn't enforced. Police weren't pulling people over asking them if it they were out for "essential business". Biking/walking around in March/April was so deserted compared to May... everyone... including you were scared at the beginning... 2-3 months later... people were fed up.

And most people like their chances vs  covid

Where is your study to back this claim up? Any models? You don't want to catch it, so how can you say this?

Or... people can become accustomed to safety protocols to prevent more spread and deaths. Just like they have with second-hand smoke.

Make up your mind. Just a while ago you said government cared about the almighty dollar which is why they reopened, but now they are reclosing and you're back on your economy rhetoric.

Someday you may grasp how tightly connected the economy is to public health.

Back