coronavirus

Here we go again.  Apple just announced closure of all retail locations until March 27th.  This is the first I?ve seen of a major retail shutdown in the US.  If this starts happening with other retailers, the hoarding will get worse because of fears that grocery and restaurants will close down and people can?t get food.

Haven't been on TI for months  ;D but wanted to warn TI members/readers
My wife just got a text from work -

Western Digital Irvine Team:

We received the communication below from our landlord, LBA Realty, today informing Western Digital of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in an adjacent building, 3333 Michelson Drive. We are passing along LBA Realty?s communication.

If you are still unsure about the corona virus, please take a few minutes to read this short article. https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

If you just want the TLDR, please know that

The coronavirus is coming to you.
It?s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
It?s a matter of days. Maybe a week or two.
When it does, your healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways.
Exhausted healthcare workers will break down. Some will die.
They will have to decide which patient gets the oxygen and which one dies.
The only way to prevent this is social distancing today. Not tomorrow. Today.
That means keeping as many people home as possible, starting now.

We are all in this together. Please do your part. Thanks everyone

Did the orange menace actually say the below?  Roche does not make vaccines, they make a diagnostic test.

Compressed-Village said:
The message today from President Trump along with business leaders is exactly what we need. Urgency and Emergency.

Speed up and bypass FDA red tapes for Roche to speed up the vaccine, buy and stockpile petro to curb the downward spiral and boost the oil industries, stockpile will save lots of those sector job. I think he did really well to curb and contain this outbreak.

Closures everywhere else. Almost apocalyptic like

Compressed-Village said:
You right, but I hope it?s better to be late than never.

Humanity depends on it. Now even kids diagnosed with covid.

I am just taking a guess. But after that meeting with the Brazilian President woke him up.

Someone tell him to take the test!! 

Kenkoko said:
Haven't been on TI for months  ;D but wanted to warn TI members/readers
My wife just got a text from work -

Western Digital Irvine Team:

We received the communication below from our landlord, LBA Realty, today informing Western Digital of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in an adjacent building, 3333 Michelson Drive. We are passing along LBA Realty?s communication.

If you are still unsure about the corona virus, please take a few minutes to read this short article. https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

If you just want the TLDR, please know that

The coronavirus is coming to you.
It?s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
It?s a matter of days. Maybe a week or two.
When it does, your healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways.
Exhausted healthcare workers will break down. Some will die.
They will have to decide which patient gets the oxygen and which one dies.
The only way to prevent this is social distancing today. Not tomorrow. Today.
That means keeping as many people home as possible, starting now.

We are all in this together. Please do your part. Thanks everyone

Believe the treat in the hallway thing. I worked Labor and Delivery in the 1990's when we had a huge influx of Med-I-cal patients and UCI refused to take them. We had so many patients we literally did not have the beds in Labor and Delivery and the LDR rooms so many ended up in hallways with at best a portable screen. We didn't have enough nurses to take care of them as we should have. I worked 6-7 (yes every day) 12 hour shifts for months and still we didn't have enough. There was not enough monitors for everyone to be hooked up to central monitoring and at the end of the shift I was looking thru the fetal monitor strips charting what was on them and sometimes there were huge decelerations that would have been attended to immediately if I only knew but alas I was busy with deliveries or other laboring patients and just didn't know. Thank God the babies were ok.

Even if there are enough beds, we need the equipment, like ventilators. Vent patients require more health care workers too and they ARE going to get sick. It's not like we can get an unlimited number of nurses from staff, registries and travelers since this is a national issue.

Pray we have enough beds and health care workers.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Per news, Trump indicated he took the test. Now, even if it's positive, will WH tell the truth? I guess not given his position as world leader.

He is expects results in days according to nbc article.
Why days? He can get results quicker than that.

Stock up!

Where is the fake cough fake flu noise.
Morekas is like a frog jumps all over the place with no credibility.

i went to Souplantation for lunch.  There was only like 5 people in the entire place.

The real test is the wait at Cheesecake Factory in Spectrum tonight at 7pm.  Anyone willing to check?

aquabliss said:
i went to Souplantation for lunch.  There was only like 5 people in the entire place.

The real test is the wait at Cheesecake Factory in Spectrum tonight at 7pm.  Anyone willing to check?

Souplantation is like DIY aka get your own food in a public setting.
I avoid those places. Such as frozen Yogurt.

aquabliss said:

Went out to pickup food tonight since my wife crave Thai food.

Drove into the parking lot, typically really hard to find parking space in the Taiko plaza. Tonight was half of the lot open. Inside Thai cafe 3 tables occupied. The hosted sound down right depress as she said it really slow and never see it like this before. Paid and grab my to go food and peek out side and into Taiko. Usually there would be an hour wait on Saturday night, well you can have this place to yourself tonight. It starting to sink in to a lot of retails and eateries.

Compressed-Village said:
aquabliss said:

Went out to pickup food tonight since my wife crave Thai food.

Drove into the parking lot, typically really hard to find parking space in the Taiko plaza. Tonight was half of the lot open. Inside Thai cafe 3 tables occupied. The hosted sound down right depress as she said it really slow and never see it like this before. Paid and grab my to go food and peek out side and into Taiko. Usually there would be an hour wait on Saturday night, well you can have this place to yourself tonight. It starting to sink in to a lot of retails and eateries.

There is no need to worry about a cough. Lol
The admin should shut Morekas account already for spreading fake news. Lol

Back