coronavirus

Isn't Holy Jim Falls closed from the fire? I thought they stopped letting people back there until the fire damage was cleaned up. There is also the Trabuco Airfield (RC planes) that's kind of a fun stop along there. In Lake Forest there's a garbage-y "pitch and put" golf course, very easy for young and old alike. Muirlands and El Toro Road.

I like going to SJC Mission, but there's also the San Gabriel Mission near Pasadena that's a very nice stop in... much better IMHO than going to the Mission in Oceanside.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Isn't Holy Jim Falls closed from the fire? I thought they stopped letting people back there until the fire damage was cleaned up. There is also the Trabuco Airfield (RC planes) that's kind of a fun stop along there. In Lake Forest there's a garbage-y "pitch and put" golf course, very easy for young and old alike. Muirlands and El Toro Road.

I like going to SJC Mission, but there's also the San Gabriel Mission near Pasadena that's a very nice stop in... much better IMHO than going to the Mission in Oceanside.

You right, it closed. Thanks for that head up. I thought it would be open by now, but apparently the work is still going on for at least another year.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

I?ve read a lot about the Coronavirus, trying to assess the impact on the economy in general and our business in particular. This is probably the best, most objective article I've read. It makes a compelling case for why we need to act quickly. It?s worth reading carefully and slowly. Many charts available to get a good grasp of what we are dealing with.

It's good that Disneyland is closed so I'll have more time to freak out about the Wuhan virus.

Warning to the unwiped hordes, I will shoot any mother fu*ker who gets near my TP stash!

Panda said:
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

I?ve read a lot about the Coronavirus, trying to assess the impact on the economy in general and our business in particular. This is probably the best, most objective article I've read. It makes a compelling case for why we need to act quickly. It?s worth reading carefully and slowly. Many charts available to get a good grasp of what we are dealing with.

I can tell this much for businesses, by the time earning report comes out for Q1, you will get another huge sell off. Right now the sell off base on fears of covid and the uncertain of how this administration dealing with this disaster. Test kit failed, containment failed, public assurance failed. Even when FED pump 1 trillion into short term market, it did not do the trick today. Until someone can say we can get this virus contained and control much uncertainty exist. How low will this goes depends much on public assurance that things will be ok, but their gotta hard proof, people not that naive, in believing ?everything is perfect, we are safe, we got very smart people? saying and blow up in their faces.

Fox Article: Brazilian who met Trump has virus; no plans to test Trump

A senior Brazilian official who attended weekend events with President Donald Trump in Florida has tested positive for the coronavirus, marking the first time that someone known to have the virus was in close proximity to the president. Trump does not plan to be tested or go into self-quarantine, the White House said.
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/brazilian-who-met-trump-has-virus-no-plans-to-test-trump/

morekaos said:
We have a wonderful opportunity here to use a marker and watch the very public story of actual infection.  The public will follow Tom and Rita?s every tweet, ache and symptom. What a wonderful study....how much you wanna bet Eye, that they come through this just fine?  Won?t even make a good made for TV movie.

They look pretty good....

'There is no crying in baseball':

Tom Hanks shares a photo of him and his wife, quotes his A League Of Their Own character and says he and wife Rita Wilson are 'taking it one-day-at-a-time' after catching coronavirus

[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8107629/Tom-Hanks-wife-Rita-Wilson-taking-one-day-time-testing-positive-coronavirus.html
[/url]

Taking the cues from the Chinese experience with COVID-19: Assuming a December 2019 start of the outbreak, a visible decline in the spread of cases has begun - 120 or so days later.

Assuming a January start in the US of COVID -19 exposure we may see a peak in cases in May and a real decline continuing throughout the Summertime.

We will see...

Hanks and Wilson are interesting examples. The symptoms Hanks describe, JIMHO, most people would have shrugged off and headed to work previously.  Wilson's on off chills maybe being the exception if they realized she had a fever.

They got tested in Australia.  You, the average American, fat chance with just that of getting tested. 

Semi-facetious question, as I venture out on those required runs  am I better off heading to the poor part of town or the wealthy part of town.  Is my exposure risks high or lower at the District Target versus the Santa Ana target? Or the Orange Target?

nosuchreality said:
Semi-facetious question, as I venture out on those required runs  am I better off heading to the poor part of town or the wealthy part of town.  Is my exposure risks high or lower at the Districf Target versus the Santa Ana target?

I wanted to ask the same thing. I have enough emergency supplies for two weeks, but what if this goes on until summer. I?m wondering where I should go. I?m thinking South County would be better stocked and less crowded.

Politico Article: Australian official who met with AG Barr, Kellyanne Conway and Ivanka Trump tests positive for coronavirus

An Australian government minister who last week interacted with Attorney General William Barr, counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway and White House adviser Ivanka Trump announced Friday that he had tested positive for the coronavirus.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/australian-official-coronavirus-barr-conway-127988

Farmers markets are outdoors....less infection.
When you go out, pretend your hands are full of virus when you touch whatevers.  Don't touch your face until after you wash them.
Or as a way to not touch your face, you can rub dirt all over it....

nosuchreality said:
Hanks and Wilson are interesting examples. The symptoms Hanks describe, JIMHO, most people would have shrugged off and headed to work previously.  Wilson's on off chills maybe being the exception if they realized she had a fever.

They got tested in Australia.  You, the average American, fat chance with just that of getting tested. 

Semi-facetious question, as I venture out on those required runs  am I better off heading to the poor part of town or the wealthy part of town.  Is my exposure risks high or lower at the District Target versus the Santa Ana target? Or the Orange Target?

I was talking to my wife the other day about this. As things were running out at the Costco target and district. I told her there is less money in the bad parts of town and there may have more items in stock as they may not have the funds to stock up. Also, they don?t travel so less likely to infect their local community.

With that said I went to the Walmart in foothill ranch and they had no sanitizers/disinfectant sprays. They had paper products and water though.

Loco_local said:
nosuchreality said:
Semi-facetious question, as I venture out on those required runs  am I better off heading to the poor part of town or the wealthy part of town.  Is my exposure risks high or lower at the Districf Target versus the Santa Ana target?

I wanted to ask the same thing. I have enough emergency supplies for two weeks, but what if this goes on until summer. I?m wondering where I should go. I?m thinking South County would be better stocked and less crowded.

If things get really bad here, I'm going to drive down to Mexico and become an undocumented immigrant there.

?D?nde est? el papel higi?nico se?or?

Corona costco seems fairly ok, although the lady told me it was a zoo in the morning.  No TP though...but plenty of water.

Happiness said:
Loco_local said:
nosuchreality said:

If things get really bad here, I'm going to drive down to Mexico and become an undocumented immigrant there.

?D?nde est? el papel higi?nico se?or?

That's not a bad idea since there seem to be few cases there.

District Costco a madhouse this morning.

Lines all the way out to the parking lot just to get in.

I saw on the news that Trump may have had contact with another official who tested positive for C-19. How ironic would that be?

Soylent Red went out to three different stores looking for general items (2 Ralphs, one Trader Joes) in the Mission Viejo area. All three were wiped out of... wipes... water, and strangely enough bagged rice. Lots of the more expensive pre-made rice, but the bagged was gone.

We have plenty of water on hand. It comes out of the tap. Hooodathought?

As a follow up, we had a germaphobe neighbor move last year to a small town in NW Arizona. He's evidently going to his local grocery store with a mask and rubber gloves.  Anyone seen folks like that over at their local Costco or other stores yet?

My .02c

The girl who cuts my hair is Cambodian, but born here.  Her mother has stockpiled 17, 5 pound backs of Cal Rose rice...even she was stunned;D

Back