coronavirus

morekaos said:
Of course you mistake a saying for religious intent.  Missing my total point. People are all experiencing this differently. Totally believe what some have written here. My experience is different, that?s all I?m sayin.  Merry Christmas! ;D >:D

As a member of the community you have a moral obligation to correct risky behavior by masking up and social distancing.

What you?re doing with your ?sucks to be you, I?m good? attitude is creating an extra avenue to spread the virus, which puts a load on the system.

It?s like changing 5 lines across the freeway at the last second and making everyone else adjust to prevent crashing into you. It?s a shared risk and responsibility that doesn?t live on its own in someone?s warped view of reality.

Like I said, we all experience this differently....

I Moved From Locked-Down Virginia To Open Florida, And Faces Came Back To Life

Here, life has felt incredibly normal. It's also revealed how abnormal the lifestyle I followed in Virginia really was.

OCALA, Fla. ? Last Sunday I plopped a steaming hashbrown casserole and a bowl of freshly sliced oranges down on one of a row of endless folding tables covered in those flimsy plastic tablecloths you get at the dollar store. The casseroles were outnumbered only by the pans of homemade cinnamon rolls, and the fruit section was meager: it was a good Southern Baptist potluck.

Church ladies buzzed around, removing tin foil from tin pans and putting serving spoons in each dish, while others flipped pancakes on a portable griddle. Rows of chairs and tables were set up under the oak trees and the typical Florida December weather made me regret wearing a sweater. I loaded my plate with food and it wasn?t until I sat down that I had an epiphany: I had missed potlucks. Thanks to coronavirus, I guess buffet-style anything has become terribly unstylish in some places.
[url]https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/21/i-moved-from-locked-down-virginia-to-open-florida-and-faces-came-back-to-life/[/url]

As for me, I just got back with my family from breakfast with my 90-year-old doctor/mother...left a big tip.  The I5 coming home was a parking lot, good thing that A Car keeps us exactly 6 feet apart. Now, it?s off church as long as it doesn?t rain. Merry Christmas everyone.

I personally know of 3 people that tested positive.  My cousin's 2 kids who are in college and my dad's best friend and his wife (in their early 50s). My cousin's kids had very mild symptoms while my dad's best friend and his wife had a fever and cough (the husband was also very fatigued). I think most all people who get the virus have no to mild symptoms but the problem is that even if 5-10% of the people who get infected have very severe symptoms where they need to be hospitalized that will overwhelm the hospital systems. Part of this reason is that so many Americans have pre-existing issues such as diabetes, high blood pressure, morbidly overweight, poor immune system (can be do to old age), and have lung issues (asthma and smokers). It's those people who are mainly hospitalized and who we have to worry about.

icey said:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Federalist published many pieces that contained false information or pseudoscience that was contrary to the recommendations of public health experts and authorities.[5] While ballots were being counted in the 2020 election, The Federalist made false claims of large-scale fraud.[6][7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Federalist_(website)

Yeah, the other posters were right about making stuff up.

So why would you ever believe a word made up by the New York Times?

New York Times admits it got duped by fake terrorist: Executive editor, Dean Baquet, blames 'institutional failure' for making fantasist the star of its 'Caliphate' podcast - but stands by Pulitzer-nominated reporter who was conned by him
[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9068253/New-York-Times-admits-got-duped-hoaxer.html
[/url]

morekaos said:
As for me, I just got back with my family from breakfast with my 90-year-old doctor/mother...left a big tip.  The I5 coming home was a parking lot, good thing that A Car keeps us exactly 6 feet apart. Now, it?s off church as long as it doesn?t rain. Merry Christmas everyone.

So your mom is a doctor and that is your source for ALL your posts about covid? IDK
Let me guess you also use Dr. Atlas as your source?

My mom, one sister and two nieces...all doctors but they aren?t my sources. I got lots more of those...merry Christmas!

So........ kids can't get the vaccine (16 and up only) but they can get infected and spread the virus.

There are probably 100-120 million kids out of 328 million united states population.

If we have 75% (probably optimistic) of the adults vaccinated that gets us to less than 50% of the united states population being vaccinated which is not nearly enough to get to herd immunity.

Herd immunity in that case would depend on those not being vaccinated acquiring immunity naturally...... infected whether they know it or not.

If that is the case, corona going to populate the hospitals for a very long time.

Ready2Downsize said:
So........ kids can't get the vaccine (16 and up only) but they can get infected and spread the virus.

There are probably 100-120 million kids out of 328 million united states population.

If we have 75% (probably optimistic) of the adults vaccinated that gets us to less than 50% of the united states population being vaccinated which is not nearly enough to get to herd immunity.

Herd immunity in that case would depend on those not being vaccinated acquiring immunity naturally...... infected whether they know it or not.

If that is the case, corona going to populate the hospitals for a very long time.

My biggest fear is that the virus mutates and bypasses a vaccine

Luckily all the mutations still get zapped by the vaccine

New strain from UK has landed in Japan

Zapping the virus early before it gets smart gives us the best chance

There?s a whole pipeline of vaccines coming out so hopefully the 16 and under kids can get those

Ktla: Japan confirms cases of new coronavirus variant reported in U.K.

Japan?s health ministry has confirmed the country?s first cases of infection with the new variant of the coronavirus that was identified in Britain.

The five people arrived between Dec. 18 and Dec. 21, before Japan stepped up border control on Friday for entrants from Britain. A man in his 60s developed fatigue, but the other four were without symptoms.

Health Minister Norihisa Tamura said the five were sent to quarantine straight from the airports.

After they tested positive for the virus, further analysis conducted at the National Institute of Infectious Diseases determined they had the British variant that is 70% more transmissible, the ministry said in a statement.

Shigeru Omi, head of a government task force, called for tighter border control to prevent new variants.
https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/japan-confirms-cases-of-new-coronavirus-variant-reported-in-u-k/

nosuchreality said:
iacrenter said:
We might already have the UK variant in SoCal. Still pending DNA sequencing.

L.A. County is probing whether a new, more contagious COVID strain is spreading locally https://www.latimes.com/california/...-contagious-covid-strain-is-spreading-locally

Fixed that.  Seriously with the air traffic between London and NYC.  And between NYC and LA.  Might is unlikely given it has already been confirmed for Netherlands and Japan

I agree. Given the number of international travelers and ferocity of cases in SoCal, the UK variant is likely in our community.

The US should be doing a better job with viral surveillance. We are still flying blind without adequate testing and viral analysis.

Because both Pfizer and Moderna's vaccine uses new mRNA tech, they might be more effective against strains than the standard adenovirus vaccines.

And if not, from what I understand, they can be adjusted quicker than previous vaccine technology.

Still unsure of the long term effects... maybe reduced calf size. :)

Back