contractors - tile work.

I notice in the floors between CompVill and BitMaster, the pattern is different.

BitMaster has a more random setting which is similar to the pics that Inc set but I've read that for large format tiles, they don't recommend overlaps more than 1/3 because of lippage (where one tile is higher than the other so you notice the difference in edges).

But it doesn't seem like you can avoid that with different size wood tiles.

@BitMaster: How did you instruct your installers to achieve that more random pattern and have you seen any lippage?

irvinehomeowner said:
I notice in the floors between CompVill and BitMaster, the pattern is different.

BitMaster has a more random setting which is similar to the pics that Inc set but I've read that for large format tiles, they don't recommend overlaps more than 1/3 because of lippage (where one tile is higher than the other so you notice the difference in edges).

But it doesn't seem like you can avoid that with different size wood tiles.

@BitMaster: How did you instruct your installers to achieve that more random pattern and have you seen any lippage?

Yes, we got a random pattern. The installer would save all the cut pieces. When he started a new row, he would grab one of the cut piece that would offset the new row enough to achieve a random pattern. We are very happy with the installation, there's no lippage. The installer used the Raimondi leveling system which helps with leveling out the long plank tiles.

We used Phil with suncoast to do our backsplash and one of our bathroom floors. Really happy with his work. Especially Herringbone pattern in bathroom.

Attachments

• o.jpg
    o.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 190
Back