Condo Noise Complaint: Door Slamming

fishfinder333

Hi All,

Does anybody know if a neigbor slamming their front door and distubing other residents is in violation of Penal Code 415: distubing the peace? We have a neigbor who has continually slam their front door multiple times a day. Its so hard our wall literall shakes.  We have confronted the neigbor 4-5 times asking them to be considerate and not slam their doors, but it has not improved. We are out of options and I'm considering contacting irvine pd to get involved.

We are also in the process of going to board meeting next month to complain, but I'm not sure if door slamming is covered under CC&R's. Does anyone know if the Board can do anything about door slamming?

Any helpful insight would be appreciated. Please don't suggest us slamming our doors or play loud music in retaliation. I wan't to handle this issue in a mature manner if possible.

Thanks

This sounds like an HOA issue.

Irvine PD?  LOL... come on man/lady. 

jmoney74 said:
This sounds like an HOA issue.

Irvine PD?  LOL... come on man/lady.

HOA can't do anything. Tried that route already. You wouldn't be laughing if your neigbor slammed their front door 5-10 times a day at all hours disturbing your family.

I've tried talking to them, contacted HOA. I'm all out of options. Irvine PD makes sense to me.

I'm sure they will serve and protect!...... from door slamming.

fishfinder333 said:
We have confronted the neigbor 4-5 times asking them to be considerate and not slam their doors, but it has not improved. We are out of options and I'm considering contacting irvine pd to get involved.

LOL!!!  :D

In this situation I would consider contacting Qwerty on this forum.  He has a large bat he uses to deal with a lot of issues.  His rates are fair and reasonable, I had him beat up a neighbor a while ago when she kept smoking outside my home.

Oh, sorry. I didn't read the replies before posting my LOL. Didn't intend to gang up on you.

Well, you've made an effort and it didn't work. Honestly, this is just the nature of attached housing. If you can't envision living like this long-term, then I would list the condo. Because you know what? If it's not the door it's going to be something else. I've lived like this before. Trust me. It's always something else... and if not now then a year from now. Dump it, roll your equity into something detached.

#FARM said:
In this situation I would consider contacting Qwerty on this forum.  He has a large bat he uses to deal with a lot of issues.  His rates are fair and reasonable, I had him beat up a neighbor a while ago when she kept smoking outside my home.

Depending on the issue I charge $100-$200 per hour

qwerty said:
#FARM said:

My wife has an issue.. not even with a direct neighbor.  They leave their shoe shelf and shoes outside.  She would gladly pay you to trash their shoes.  lol

WTTCMN said:
jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:
#FARM said:

My wife has an issue.. not even with a direct neighbor.  They leave their shoe shelf and shoes outside.  She would gladly pay you to trash their shoes.  lol

Ugh. I hate that too. Don't worry. I'll take care of it for free. One house actually has a nice bench and a tray for shoes except they don't use it. All the shoes are cluttered by the front door.

I'll bring it up at the HOA board meeting. 

jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:
#FARM said:

Since your a friend of homers I'll take care of your problem for free.

qwerty said:
jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:
#FARM said:

Since your a friend of homers I'll take care of your problem for free.

This is why I bailed you out last night without telling your esposa for your incident at SouthCoast..

#Monte o muera

Can you video tape it and put it on youtube?
I mean the noise and shaking walls.

So we can judge it.

I had the same issue with my bottom neighbor.  They kept slamming their doors, their front and garage doors would shake my place.  I also spoke with them but it never got better.  It was a nightmare, they frequently woke me up in the middle of the night when they would slam their bathroom door.  That's the nature of living in an attached wood frame home. 

USCTrojan knows my horror stories very well.  We sold my place as soon as it hit 2 years old.

Section-8 4All said:
I had the same issue with my bottom neighbor.  They kept slamming their doors, their front and garage doors would shake my place.  I also spoke with them but it never got better.  It was a nightmare, they frequently woke me up in the middle of the night when they would slam their bathroom door.  That's the nature of living in an attached wood frame home. 

USCTrojan knows my horror stories very well.  We sold my place as soon as it hit 2 years old.

Did you ever complain to HOA or to the Board or even Irvine PD?

Section-8 4All said:

why 2 years old?

yaliu07 said:
Section-8 4All said:

why 2 years old?

tax free profits on the sale of the house if you live there 2 out of the last 5 years. 250K tax free for a single filer or 500K tax free if you are married.

Back