Concerns re: Aerial spraying of pesticide and exposure at Strada Orchard Hills

sky949 said:
Thought below information might be useful for people concerned about pesticides in the ground (found it on google). This link / map
show the different levels in Irvine -- looks like all communities have exposure, but varying from 100lbs
to 751,000 lbs. According to the map, looks like Cypress Village has the most (in Red)

Do you live in one of California's pesticide hotspots?

http://apps.cironline.org/pesticides/?zoom=6&latitude=37&longitude=-119.5&layer=fumigants&action=area

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that map shows which area HAD the most heavily use of pesticide back when the land use to be for agricultures.  Which means there may be remanents in the soil/groundwater.

While most of our concern about Orchard Hills is the future usage of aerial or ground pesticide for the few patches of avocado orchards surrounding the community. 

We are worried that when they do apply pesticide to the orchards, in what concentration will the chemicas be spread to the community and what type of harm it will cause.

The hope is that it's very minimal and that we would be better off dealing with these trace chemicals as oppose to living with the pollution coming from say a nearby highway, toxic underground plume, or methane from a landfill.

In a way, we are literally picking our poison.

The cell tower though is news to me.  Per antennasearch, there's no new applications for antenna in the area.  So perhaps it's been proposed, and the community may be able to fight it. 

But if you look at the screenshot I pasted, there are already two towers across the street in Northwood Pointe, two antennas in Northwood high, and one in Orchard Hills School.  We are surrounded, there is no escaping.

Silver lining - cell phone signal would improve.

Back