Collegiate Slogans

It's been a while, but I believe it's a real college slogan.

Hint: It's related to the subject matter of this forum.

BlondICSGirl is familiar with it.

"God, this town sucks. I gotta GTFO of here!" - Fresno State

Fresno State and the "ZOT ZOT ZOT!" group used to play in the same division 30 odd years ago. I thought I recognized that sucking sound.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1244519275]It's been a while, but I believe it's a real college slogan.

BlondICSGirl is familiar with it.</blockquote>

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UC_Irvine_Anteaters">A popular chant among UCI students during athletic events is "Zot, Zot, Zot!" Zot is the sound made by the tongue of the anteater in the comic strip B.C. as it flicks out to catch an ant. This is usually accompanied by the "Rip 'em Eaters" hand sign which is similar to the "Hook 'em Horns" hand sign of the University of Texas at Austin. One of the on-campus eateries is named "B.C.'s Cavern on the Green", named in honor of the comic strip B.C. The Anteater mascot was promoted by 3 students in UCI's founding year, Bob Ernst and Pat Glasgow of the water polo team, and rowing team member Schuyler Bassett. The mascot name was brought to a vote to the student body where irregularities were suspected in the voting process.</a>

I find it ironic that the Anteater was the UCI mascot... considering every home I've lived in Irvine has had HUGE ant problems.

The new Anteater logo is more menacing and muscular than the one I used to know. I still don't think it puts any fear into the heart of opposing teams. ZOT!

When your uniform proudly displays the word "Eaters" across the front, it just doesn't make you think of a physically fit type of group.

CAL: ROLL ON YOU BEARS!

[quote author="tmare" date=1244533802]When your uniform proudly displays the word "Eaters" across the front, it just doesn't make you think of a physically fit type of group.

CAL: ROLL ON YOU BEARS!</blockquote>

Reminds of the College Word Series when the 'Eaters were playing the Beavers! Those Beavers took a beating.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1244519275]It's been a while, but I believe it's a real college slogan.

Who the heck is this BlondISCGirl that you speak of?

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1244538309][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1244519275]It's been a while, but I believe it's a real college slogan.

Who the heck is this BlondISCGirl that you speak of?</blockquote>

Me. I rocked the blonde in college.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1244584807][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1244538309][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1244519275]It's been a while, but I believe it's a real college slogan.

Who the heck is this BlondISCGirl that you speak of?</blockquote>

Me. I rocked the blonde in college.</blockquote>
Ahhh, platinum or dirty blonde?

Back