College funds

qwerty said:
lnc said:
qwerty said:
im with IHO, i wont put any pressure on my daughter when she is of age. all that after school tutoring, weekend chinese classes, etc are insane.  we will just make sure she marries rich.

I heard there's a popular major in USC called "trophy wife" and their motto is:

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man. :)

well that does it for me, she will be attending SC in 17 years.

Lol! I remember dropping my husband at the USC main library and all the sorority girls were in bikinis sun bathing outside in front of the library  :eek: no wonder he loved going to the library. These girls were just trying to achieve their college mission I suppose.

And in regards to college some of the most successful people I know including some executives on Wall Street where bonuses hit a million bucks - they all went to very average schools and only have an undergraduate degree.

Often it's not about your degree or where you got it - success is all about the connections you make along the way  ;)

By the time our kids get to college-  it will be a pay to play system at the UCs.  Even the top schools are courting foreign and out of state students who pay full tuition. 

UC has a mandate to admit 75% of California residents.  So, no worries. There will be no foreign student invasion any time soon.

What is the % of CA residents at Berkeley or UCLA?  Do they make that 75% quota by having 90%+ at the other campuses that Non-CA residents don't care about?

90% enrolled vs. 90% admit is a bit different - but yes, overwhelming majority of UC students are Cal residents.  :)

Veronica said:
90% enrolled vs. 90% admit is a bit different - but yes, overwhelming majority of UC students are Cal residents.  :)

So where's your source regarding 75% admittance?

every UC is about the same % except for Berkeley, UCLA and UCSD.  Although the reason these schools accept more of out of state students - they know the yield is going to be pretty low.  International students' acceptance rate at Berkeley us at 10% - so they are not really a factor.

Veronica said:
UC has a mandate to admit 75% of California residents.  So, no worries. There will be no foreign student invasion any time soon.
And that's why FCBs buy in Cali.

Also... to become NBA stars.

Back