Class size

RandomG

I am hearing all kinds of rumors about how crowded classes are in Irvine schools. I've done a search on this forum, and numbers are kind of old.
I am interested only in K-8 numbers (I'm too far from high school at this point).
For those of you with kids in K-8, would you care to share your child's exact number? Only for Irvine schools. I am trying to get an idea of how "bad" it is going to be!!
Here in FL it's max. 26 per class, up to 8 grade.
Thank you!

Anywhere from 25 to 32 for K-6.

7-8 varies because the kids are in different classes throughout the day but I would still say that high 20s is the norm.

All my kids go to Catholic schools. Routinely 30-35 per class but all are honor students who scholar shipped into high schools.  Worth every penny we paid. Class size doesn't seem to matter in Catholic schools.

It is my kids' first day of school here in Irvine (they did get into the neighborhood school, phew, what a load off!!), 32 kids in 4th grade, the room was packed! And no teacher assistant either, from what I could see. 2nd grade seemed a little better, forgot to ask how many.
I guess if the kids are well behaved and smart, no big deal. Until they get sick, any virus in such crowded spaces must spread like crazy.

Back