Chinese pour $110bn into US real estate

Went to our local Dr.'s office.  On the same floor as our Dr's, saw an office with at least 8 pregnant ladies waiting in the hallway (more in the waiting room inside the office).  All were Chinese (per language spoken).  Went down to the lobby and was greeted by three more pregnant Chinese ladies sitting on a bench across from the elevators.  Went outside and saw two more pregnant ladies sitting on a bench outside.  A little bit surreal...

IrvineNinja said:
Went to our local Dr.'s office.  On the same floor as our Dr's, saw an office with at least 8 pregnant ladies waiting in the hallway (more in the waiting room inside the office).  All were Chinese (per language spoken).  Went down to the lobby and was greeted by three more pregnant Chinese ladies sitting on a bench across from the elevators.  Went outside and saw two more pregnant ladies sitting on a bench outside.  A little bit surreal...

By any chance, would that be the Hoag building off Sand Canyon? My doctor shares an office with an OBGYN who participates in the Chinese birth tourism ring. They have so many that they've even told me other patients have done a double-take, stepped outside, and called them from the hallway to make sure they have the right place. o_O

Yes, that is the one.  I am sure they will be buying a house in Irvine (or maybe they already have one?) once their babies are born.  One of my son's friends had to bring a face mask to China when he went back to see his grandmother.  I guess the smog can get pretty bad there.  With the economic turmoil, problems with their school system (bribes, etc.), and pollution in China, I see why the Chinese would want to raise their kids in the US.

SoCal said:
IrvineNinja said:

By any chance, would that be the Hoag building off Sand Canyon? My doctor shares an office with an OBGYN who participates in the Chinese birth tourism ring. They have so many that they've even told me other patients have done a double-take, stepped outside, and called them from the hallway to make sure they have the right place. o_O

Why doesn't Irvine PD or ICE bust this doctor? Gather records and go after these rings?

If you are aware of the situation you should at least report it to local law enforcement.

There is nothing illegal if the OBGYN is simply providing medical care. Things can get tricky if the physician gets cash kickbacks for providing false medical documents to assist in travel or visa applications.

There is no law against aliens traveling here to have their children.  Since Korea and Taiwan does not require a visa to visit the US I wonder if they can come when 6 months pregnant.  If they hide the bump well enough, the border patrol may not notice.

As for the Communist Chinese, the USA still requires them to get a visa to come here.  They are only breaking the law if they lied to the US embassy official who hands out the travel visa.

The California Court Company said:
just bring this to IRS attention; I think an audit has a high probability finding something.

+1 the whole birth tourism business and their associates are ripe for unreported cash

up for discussion:

What is more of a financial burden on the states?
Birth tourism from the Far East vs illegal crossing and having a child

fishfinder333 said:
Illegal or not, this should be brought up to local authorities. Let them decide because this is part of a bigger problem.

So what are your thoughts on illegal crossings/drug smuggling/human trafficking that goes on the southern border of the United States?

I would much rather having illegal coming and investing and dump their cash here. No wonder why real estate still one of the best vehicle to invest in. Illegal that depends on the social systems for assistance such free medical for children under 19 whether undocumented and / or illegal just taken into effect. Money has to pulled from other social program to cover for this, or better yet tax the hell of out the middle class because if you are TRUMP then you not paying any tax. NEGATIVE TAX for that matter. It really hurt the middle people.

This is from 2010, but still is relevant which shows the drug trade that goes through the Southwest border.

"FBI.gov recently visited the Southwest border region for a firsthand look at what the Bureau and its law enforcement partners are doing there to combat crime. An estimate of $18-$39 billion of illegal dollars that flow from the U.S. across the Southwest border."

Source:https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/august/southwest-border2/border-by-the-numbers

Border surveillance video, border agent at the San Diego entry point, waived in cars which he knew that they were illegal aliens got him a 5 year prison term, according to the website.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/august/southwest-border2

Back