Cheap lappy

ps9 said:
My eyes hurt, 1080p and 13.3 inch screen = feeling like an old grandpa
Pixel density is awesome... more windows on the screen, sharper images and less pixelation.

Just increase your font size.

3963525619.png

These chromebooks sure are fast!  So if I lose 25% download speed over wifi, then my real ludicrous speed is +200 Mbps?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J49ZHCY

Another chromebook from Amazon on sale, this time a Sammy.  Lowest price ever at $240 according to camelx3.  Has 802.11ac but only a 1366 x 768 screen.  Uses Samsung's own chip, Exynos. 

Top three laptops Amazon sold over the holidays were Chromebooks:http://www.zdnet.com/article/top-3-holiday-computers-on-amazon-were-chromebooks/

Been enjoying the two Chromebooks I got recently.  Even my wife who was attached to her mini iPad likes using them.  Fires up quick for quick browsing, figured out how to print over wifi/Cloud, doesn't get hot, battery lasts and charges fast.  Hoping for an IPS screen for my next one.

Surprised to get my HP AIO today, Groupon must have some sort of Prime setup to ship from South Carolina to Irvine in 1 day!  So far it has been clunky with Android, I never used it before.  Don't remember having these growing pains with iOS.  Touchscreen is nice and of course can't beat the 21" 1080p IPS screen.  For a tad over $200 it's a nice addition to the ps9 household, gonna dedicate/retire my laptop to security camera/Blue Iris duty. 

Android is not ready for desktop prime time (or laptop for that matter).

Unless you're just using the browser (ala Chromebook).

irvinehomeowner said:
Android is not ready for desktop prime time (or laptop for that matter).

Unless you're just using the browser (ala Chromebook).

I don't disagree, been spoiled with iOS, makes you wonder how Android is the most popular OS in the world (cost).  Now how do you bring up the freaking keyboard on the touchscreen?!  Shouldn't it be automatic???

If the Android device has a physical keyboard, the onscreen keyboard does not come up.

There may be a setting for your HP AIO to enable soft keyboard always.

There are a two other option:

1. Long pressing on the menu button will bring up the keyboard in many applications.
2. Download a custom keyboard, I've read that 'Hacker's Keyboard' has a setting that allows you to bring up the keyboard via the notification bar.

Back