Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

bones said:
You can also ask them to sell you the fridge outside of the design center options so it doesn't get rolled into tax base.

Has this worked for you?  I've asked this too in the past and they've always said no. 

akkord said:
bones said:
You can also ask them to sell you the fridge outside of the design center options so it doesn't get rolled into tax base.

Has this worked for you?  I've asked this too in the past and they've always said no. 

Yup. Twice!
I mean it?s not a big deal in terms of tax base but when you?re getting gouged left and right at the design center, it?s nice to leave with a victory - even if it?s a minor one. 

lovingit said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lovingit said:
I thought refrigerators are typically included with homes?  My friend is saying that it is not with Cetara and you have to buy it.  The cheapest fridge is $7k GE 48? option. Is it better just to buy it after the fact?

Refrigerators are typically not included with new homes.  The only builder that I could think of that included built-in refrigerators was Lennar over at The Great Park.  It's generally cheaper to buy built-in refrigerators after closing than through the builder.

What appliances are generally included with new homes?

Depends on the builder and collection, even completion status
Of the home. 

lovingit said:
I thought refrigerators are typically included with homes?  My friend is saying that it is not with Cetara and you have to buy it.  The cheapest fridge is $7k GE 48? option. Is it better just to buy it after the fact?

is that 7K for a 48 inch built in? If so, that's a great deal.

bones said:
akkord said:
bones said:

Yup. Twice!
I mean it?s not a big deal in terms of tax base but when you?re getting gouged left and right at the design center, it?s nice to leave with a victory - even if it?s a minor one.

Good to know, maybe it depends on builder or some designers are more flexible than others. 

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
lovingit said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lovingit said:

Refrigerators are typically not included with new homes.  The only builder that I could think of that included built-in refrigerators was Lennar over at The Great Park.  It's generally cheaper to buy built-in refrigerators after closing than through the builder.

What appliances are generally included with new homes?

Depends on the builder and collection, even completion status
Of the home.

I already did their preapproval but have not gone to see the models. Can you check me this weekend?

misme said:
lovingit said:
I thought refrigerators are typically included with homes?  My friend is saying that it is not with Cetara and you have to buy it.  The cheapest fridge is $7k GE 48%u201D option. Is it better just to buy it after the fact?

is that 7K for a 48 inch built in? If so, that's a great deal.

Yes built in.  Great prices on GE fridges.  But what I don't understand is why their Subzero fridges are priced above MSRP?

I finally had a chance to see the model homes. I was really impressed, especially with plan 2.  Love the modern feel with the high ceilings. Definitely different. I can see these selling out fast.

OCT 3 for more accurate p2 release

Please note; I had a phone call with someone today who thought they didn't have to get on the priority list because they are a cash buyer. This is NOT the case. Homes from builder always first go to priority list people whether they are financed or cash. When you see available homes in a new neighborhood its because the priority list ran out or no one on the list wants the lots you see available. It is highly unlikely Cetara will ever have standing inventory available to someone not on their list, at least not for the desirable lots. There is no commitment or anything to pay to get on their list so do so if you think you'll be interested in a home even if you think your timeline is far down the road.

Is OCT 3 the day they start calling those on the priority list?

Or is it only the day they release info about phase2 and then another week out is when they start calling and taking deposits?

Vaqueros said:
Is OCT 3 the day they start calling those on the priority list?

Or is it only the day they release info about phase2 and then another week out is when they start calling and taking deposits?

The builder will email everyone on the waitlist about the phase release ahead of time letting buyers know when they will be contacting buyers about the lots in the next phase release. Buyers will have to decide quickly whether they will select a lot or pass to wait for another one.

Looks like they'll start calling Saturday at 10am again. Prices are up $10k on interior lots (model 3 the same but smaller backyard than in phase 1). View lots up considerably as they've pre-selected some upgrades.

Estimated move-in June/July 2021

Lot 51: $1.765
Lot 52: $1.78
Lot 53: $1.82
Lot 71: $2,194,720 Includes: Opt Stacking Sliding Glass Door and Fixed Glass Window Wall Above (As shown in Model)
Lot 72: $2,227,995 Includes: Opt Deck at Master Bedroom
Lot 73: $2,194,720 Includes: Opt Stacking Sliding Glass Door and Fixed Glass Window Wall Above (As shown in Model)

JadedOne said:
Looks like they'll start calling Saturday at 10am again. Prices are up $10k on interior lots (model 3 the same but smaller backyard than in phase 1). View lots up considerably as they've pre-selected some upgrades.

Lot 71: $2,194,720 Includes: Opt Stacking Sliding Glass Door and Fixed Glass Window Wall Above (As shown in Model)
Lot 73: $2,194,720 Includes: Opt Stacking Sliding Glass Door and Fixed Glass Window Wall Above (As shown in Model)

$2.2m+ just to get you 11? - 15? from the glass wall...ppl would be looking at the Cetara view lot homes like some aquariums. It?s only phase 2 and I?m having second thoughts😂

E said:
JadedOne said:

$2.2m+ just to get you 11? - 15? from the glass wall...ppl would be looking at the Cetara view lot homes like some aquariums. It?s only phase 2 and I?m having second thoughts😂

They know that are dozens of buyers who are only interested in the view lots so they'll keep bumping up the view lot premiums as they move forward.  Looks like the view lot premiums are around $400k so they may end up around $500k with the last view lots. And as I predicted, they'll increase the base prices 0.50% to 1.00% for each phase as long as they have a good waitlist of buyers.

Still looks very well priced to me. Better than anything with a view on resell market. Plus the price increase includes options I and probably most people are going to get anyways.

Nguyen80 said:
Still looks very well priced to me. Better than anything with a view on resell market. Plus the price increase includes options I and probably most people are going to get anyways.

Agreed, most of the view lot buyers aren't going to be discouraged from buying and the builder knows this. They'll sell all of the view lots the same day that they are released.

Yes still great pricing and these will appreciate very well. I think two of my clients raised their eyebrows but most are unfazed. Still fingers  crossed for those who got on the call list late.

Back