Casual dining

irvinehusky

Sorry if there's been other threads like this but I don't read this section much since we don't go out that often.

But can anyone recommend a casual dining place where it is kid friendly?  Where the adults can talk and the kids can have fun (Not necessarily Chuckie Cheese kind of fun) without a stuffy wait-person around. Even pizza/pasta would be fine if it's a local thing since our visitors are coming out of state.  Somewhere near Irvine or near Disneyland since that's near where they'll be staying.  I don't like Downtown Disney since it's sooo crowded.  I can't breathe there. 

Thank you for your help.

irvinehusky said:
Sorry if there's been other threads like this but I don't read this section much since we don't go out that often.

But can anyone recommend a casual dining place where it is kid friendly?  Where the adults can talk and the kids can have fun (Not necessarily Chuckie Cheese kind of fun) without a stuffy wait-person around. Even pizza/pasta would be fine if it's a local thing since our visitors are coming out of state.  Somewhere near Irvine or near Disneyland since that's near where they'll be staying.  I don't like Downtown Disney since it's sooo crowded.  I can't breathe there.  One of the guests doesn't like burgers or Mexican (sorry, QWERTY; just the food, that is.  :p).

Thank you for your help.
Irvine Market Place, Tustin Market Place, and Anaheim Packing District jumps to mind

pretty much every Irvine company's owned retail center has nice outdoor eating area. Woodbury Town Center, Orchard Hills, Quailhill and the Bluffs

or my personal favorite: University Town Center. dine outdoors at the courtyard encircled by many different food options, and kids can roam free at the courtyard.

Irvine Dream said:
irvinehusky said:

But can anyone recommend a casual dining place where it is kid friendly?  Where the adults can talk and the kids can have fun (Not necessarily Chuckie Cheese kind of fun) without a stuffy wait-person around. Even pizza/pasta would be fine if it's a local thing since our visitors are coming out of state.  Somewhere near Irvine or near Disneyland since that's near where they'll be staying.  I don't like Downtown Disney since it's sooo crowded.  I can't breathe there.  One of the guests doesn't like burgers or Mexican (sorry, QWERTY; just the food, that is.  :p).

Thank you for your help.
Irvine Market Place, Tustin Market Place, and Anaheim Packing District jumps to mind

irvinehusky said:
One of the guests doesn't like burgers or Mexican (sorry, QWERTY; just the food, that is.  :p).

your dead to me and your huskies will suck even more this year :)

Hey, we had a potential 3 or 4 first-rounders on defense this year and we still sucked.  They're all gone now.  I already know this coming football season will be a long one, especially if the Seahawks go kaput from here.  Thank God there's Men's Crew and Women's volleyball. :p

qwerty said:
your dead to me and your huskies will suck even more this year :)

All good suggestions.  But don't go to playland cafe for your purposes. Although cafe is in its name, the food options are pretty limited and most of it is microwave stuff.

Back