Carpet Recommendations

Goriot

There are many discussions about hardwood flooring, but not carpets.  I need a recommendation for my 2nd floor on the carpets.  I am thinking Masland Bellini carpet that is similar to the ones in Magnolia plan 3.  How are Fabrica carpets?  I think those are little too pricey.  Anyone have any experience with this product/brand?  Any other recommendations on the carpets or links to discussions that might help? 

Thanks

I don't really pay that much attention to specific brand names (most carpet I see is Shaw or Mohawk), I just look at the style and feel how soft it is.

Regular pile carpet is the most plush but it looks the plainest to me. Full loop berber looks "designer" but is also "rougher". I prefer a cut loop berber with a fairly uniform pattern and I find that it's "softer" than full loop berber. It also holds up better to stains and traffic (at least in my experience).

We've had the same style of carpet in our last 2 homes and they've held up really well after 4-5 years. Our last one still looks brand new and we haven't even had it professionally cleaned yet.

This is why we go to New York Carpets in Anaheim since we are not picky about brand, just feel and color. Still haven't found anyone that can beat their pricing.

I loves the carpet that they had in a few of the GP models. Had some ridiculous padding underneath, felt like walking on a pillow.

That carpet looks "officey", imho. Get those plastic vertical blinds to go with it, and you'd be all set.  :)

lnc said:
How about this one from Moda,http://modacarpets.com/closeups/tivoli.jpg

Goriot, you made me starts to pick my brain about carpets.  I'm in the process of selecting carpet too and just want to share my interesting findings.

Thanks! I like some patterns/seems in the carpet  instead of plain boring looking ones.  It seems like many contractors aren't able to easily get those high end ones from Masland, etc.  I am still shopping and it's been a tougher task then choosing the hardwood flooring.  This is my last homework and I am set! Done with selecting the contractors and models for the hardwood downstairs, porcelain in the bathrooms, landscaping, epoxy, wood shutters, painting, closet, tech-desk, etc. 

Aren't you moving in soon as well? Dec.?

Goriot said:
lnc said:
How about this one from Moda,http://modacarpets.com/closeups/tivoli.jpg

Goriot, you made me starts to pick my brain about carpets.  I'm in the process of selecting carpet too and just want to share my interesting findings.

Thanks! I like some patterns/seems in the carpet  instead of plain boring looking ones.  It seems like many contractors aren't able to easily get those high end ones from Masland, etc.  I am still shopping and it's been a tougher task then choosing the hardwood flooring.  This is my last homework and I am set! Done with selecting the contractors and models for the hardwood downstairs, porcelain in the bathrooms, landscaping, epoxy, wood shutters, painting, closet, tech-desk, etc. 

Aren't you moving in soon as well? Dec.?

Yes, my home will be ready mid-December but I still have lot of homework to do before we move in.  Its more work than I anticipated and its good that you have most of stuff done with. 

Regrading to the carpet, it seems like most people places less emphasis on the carpet now a days.  You don't see carpet in the first floor's main area like dinning room, living room, family room or great room anymore and more expensive the house, less carpet you will see.

Back