Carmel II

lula

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Woodbury-Overview.aspx?type=neighborhood&Id=47

Seems like the lots would be huge to have that flex room option go so far into the backyard?

Can someone post side by sides of Carmel 1 vs Carmel 2?

I wonder why TIC is not bringing on more 700-800k homes as well. Putting in these nice $1mil homes is nice, but the sweet spot appears to be in the lower-priced SFR

LAtoOC said:
I wonder why TIC is not bringing on more 700-800k homes as well. Putting in these nice $1mil homes is nice, but the sweet spot appears to be in the lower-priced SFR

700-800K would be detached condos and motorcourt homes.  Unless Irvine housing market takes another dive from this point, we won't see a SFR for less than $800K

does any one know what is the current lot sizes of Carmel. Also what is the new lot size for Carmel II?

Carmel I  4800- 4100 sqf lots
Carmel II 6000+ sqf lots

Also Carmel II will have a much better location.

I said the same to the salesman!  He then smiled and said; " Well, they are "Irvine" huge". 
TIC has done a good job brainwashing us into believing 6000sqf is HUGE

TIC has done a good job brainwashing us into believing 6000sqf is HUGE

I agree .. I do not feel it is "huge" unless it is 8000+ but still the 6000 lost are definitely better than the less than 5000 lots before.

So I guess they turned my 3rd car garage into a Flex Room.

I think it would be more "flexible" if it was a garage and we could choose those other options... but TIC will never learn.

Poor Plan 1, I still think it is the worst execution of space of the 3 plans and it doesn't even get a Flex Room. If I were them, I would have just redone it... esp that laundry room right next to the kitchen... bleh.

irvinehomeowner said:
So I guess they turned my 3rd car garage into a Flex Room.

I think it would be more "flexible" if it was a garage and we could choose those other options... but TIC will never learn.

Poor Plan 1, I still think it is the worst execution of space of the 3 plans and it doesn't even get a Flex Room. If I were them, I would have just redone it... esp that laundry room right next to the kitchen... bleh.

It just feels like they did a poor job with the floor planning.  They just slapped on the flex room/bedroom in the back.  The California Room is about half the size of Carmel I and Conservatory is not off the kitchen any more.

I was almost regreting that we didn't wait for Carmel II, but then I realized that the kitchen (plans 2&3) is going to need lights on all the time.  That flex room/bedroom just stole all the natural light coming in from the backyard.

lula said:
I was almost regreting that we didn't wait for Carmel II, but then I realized that the kitchen (plans 2&3) is going to need lights on all the time.  That flex room/bedroom just stole all the natural light coming in from the backyard.

I still like the Carmel I plan 2 with bonus and conservatory the best.  There's something weird about Carmel II.  I get a feeling of unbalancedness (if that's a word).

Irvine2Irvine said:
lula said:

I still like the Carmel I plan 2 with bonus and conservatory the best.  There's something weird about Carmel II.  I get a feeling of unbalancedness (if that's a word).

Agreed.  The back of the house seems like they are just adding more space there to add more space.  Maybe they should have left it alone and just put the same size house on the bigger lots so people could have a nice big backyard. 

I just called Carmel sales office.. older lots were 4200 new ones 5500. Available lots on September 13th or 17th can not remember now!

So is Carmel II going to take all the lots between Keystone and Sonoma? The map looks like it:

map.gif

Carmel I average lot size is 4200. In reality, there are two different lots: 4050 and 4350 in size. Parcels NE from Great Lawn are 4050 and SW from it are 4350 sq.ft.

irvinehomeowner said:
So is Carmel II going to take all the lots between Keystone and Sonoma? The map looks like it:

map.gif

I don't think so.  The Sonoma sales team told me that there will be Irvine Pacific homes going in there also.

Back