Capital Noodle Bar

ps9 said:
Coleman said:
ps9 said:
Well it beats being stuck on the 57/60 interchange driving to SGV, and it's much cleaner than Westminster/Santa Ana's Trieu Chau.  And they take credit card, that's unheard of in Teochew/Chinese restaurants

I guess I am just a 99% restaurant lover where the service is quick, abrupt, and the floors are sticky. 

Guess you never had a cockroach crawl up to you on YOUR table near your chinese donut plate as you mow down your Trieu Chau noodles.  Never again.  Still sad to this day.  Cockroaches belong in the kitchen, not the customers TABLE.  It must mean the kitchen is overfilled with cockroaches and its spilling into the dining area.

Well, I guess you are right.
edible+bugs.png

I did get upset as one of the cockroaches I was eating was actually raw and tried to leave.  They apologized and comped me for tea and rice.

Chicken lo mein at Capital is decent!  Also some yelps mentioned they're going skinless on the hainan, kinda weird but a thumbs up for me, don't like chicken skin unless it's fried.  And they're using white meat in most dishes now.

ps9 said:
Chicken lo mein at Capital is decent!  Also some yelps mentioned they're going skinless on the hainan, kinda weird but a thumbs up for me, don't like chicken skin unless it's fried.  And they're using white meat in most dishes now.

yeah healthier for sure.. but hence.. not the same.  I prefer skin on my hainan. 

jmoney74 said:
ps9 said:

yeah healthier for sure.. but hence.. not the same.  I prefer skin on my hainan. 

As long as they keep the crack sauce (ginger/scallion/salt/oil), I can eat anything they put on the plate, skin or not, white meat or not. 

ps9 said:
jmoney74 said:
ps9 said:

As long as they keep the crack sauce (ginger/scallion/salt/oil), I can eat anything they put on the plate, skin or not, white meat or not. 

+1 on the crack sauce. I can eat sauce and rice as my main meal.

As for no skin on Hainan Chicken--that is blasphemy ;)

I went to this restaurant this weekend. 

The service is fast and attentive
The dining room and bathroom look expensive.
The food is good.
The wait @ 1pm on Sunday was about 3 minutes.

After the meal, the GM, James came to our table and chatted us up a bit.  Nice guy, real charming.  I've noticed a lot of successful restaurant owners love to shoot the shit with their customers.

Also I wanted to say I wouldn't have tried this place if you guys didn't post it here.

Tried it three times before the grand opening, each time ordering different dishes.  The best item thus far is the beef skewers appetizer. Then there's the filet mignon cubes that's offered at Capital Seafood. Savoy ruined me with their Hainan Chicken, no one else compares.

Back