Canopy Lane

Starlight East said:
IndieDev said:
500s is still too high for Santa Ana especially for that area. This isn't 2006.

500-550K  is adequate.

Remember, this is South Coast Metro, the Shady Canyon of Santa Ana.

There are 4 homes within half a mile selling for $350,000 to $410,000. Two of them have been unsold for nearly 6 months. Not to mention the surrounding schools aren't that great, and at the price point you're suggesting puts Canopy in head to head competition with PS which actually has great schools. 500s is too high.

Great schools, eh?

My better 1/2  - Soylent Red - and I lived at the Aspen Apartments around 1989. That's still considered "South Coast Metro" area. The nightly gunfire was better than Disney fireworks - also heard every evening. 

You'll need a Canopy over your house to protect from falling AK rounds. Seriously.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

MOD-30791_WLH-OCCanopyLaneConstruction052.jpg

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...-Prime-South-Coast-Metro-Location-1390949.htm

Starlight East said:
"COSTA MESA, CA--(Marketwire - February 4, 2011) -  New home construction is well underway at Canopy Lane, a new gated neighborhood coming this spring to a prime South Coast Metro location. As William Lyon Homes prepares for the highly anticipated debut of this limited edition of 38 charming detached homes, today is a great time to visit www.lyoncanopylane.com to register one's interest and to receive important updates on special events. The lane that leads home starts here and the journey begins now."

Wow. That marketing team is even better than TIC's.
Maybe they hired someone from TIC and hence them trying to pull off those motorcourt homes outside of Irvine. 

Wow, I thought it was just a coffee house where they allow people to smoke up a storm, but thanks to SLE
Now I really know what it does.

Worth a visit someday.........

Starlight East said:
"COSTA MESA, CA--(Marketwire - February 4, 2011) -  New home construction is well underway at Canopy Lane, a new gated neighborhood coming this spring to a prime South Coast Metro location. As William Lyon Homes prepares for the highly anticipated debut of this limited edition of 38 charming detached homes, today is a great time to visit www.lyoncanopylane.com to register one's interest and to receive important updates on special events. The lane that leads home starts here and the journey begins now."

Wow. That marketing team is even better than TIC's.

Heh.  Most people don't realize TIC ripped off Lennar/Lyon's name "Villages of Columbus" created in 2004 by calling their product "Villages of Irvine" in 2008.

Dropped by today to check out the models, and the plan 3 is actually not bad.  2327 sq/ft and a pseudo driveway for 570-ish is actually interesting.  The plan 3 floor plan feels really open.  Plan 2 felt super cramped.  Plan 1 was okay, but no pseudo driveway.  HOA at 135.00 a month, with no pool is a negative.  On my way out, the wife saw the railroad tracks right across from the gate and the high voltage lines, and said to cross this one off the list  :(

The trailer park across the street didn't turn her off too?

I don't think those RR tracks get much train traffic at all, outside of the homeless wandering around.

Your kids will learn to speak Spanish in no time.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary
?Rigorous enrichment program for English speaking and Spanish-speaking students
?Core curriculum taught in both languages

they gotta have some good taco trucks at night.. what a great way to bond with your fellow neighbors or passerbys.

I really like their plan 3, especially the expansive Great Room on the first floor.  I almost moved forward with the purchase but then withdrew my offer.  This is just a friendly warning to those who are interested in their plan 3:  what you get is actually slightly smaller than the model home.  I wish this is clearly stated/marked as it is very misleading.  It's best of ask the sales person to walk through the model and point out which items are optional.  Let's say I was surprised at quite a few things that don't come standard.

sold out as as of 3/14, i guess you can sell motorcourts in santa ana...

722aebc0.png

35 homes sold in roughly 2 years.  Anyone know what the final pricings were?

Back