Can lights

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinephotographer said:
Has anyone done work with Install My Lights? What is the estimated price to get a room fitted with 4 recess lights?
If I remember right, each can is $85 if you are hooking up to existing wiring... if you are adding a new circuit (on/off switch) or want a dimmer option, it cost extra for those things.
Yep...thats the right price.  Just had them out at my house for a quote last week. 

Bullsback said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinephotographer said:
Has anyone done work with Install My Lights? What is the estimated price to get a room fitted with 4 recess lights?
If I remember right, each can is $85 if you are hooking up to existing wiring... if you are adding a new circuit (on/off switch) or want a dimmer option, it cost extra for those things.
Yep...thats the right price.  Just had them out at my house for a quote last week.
And... when they did my downstairs bedroom, no punching through the walls either (unlike my old place with another contractor)! Amazing, I was too busy doing other things, wished I could see how they did that

AW said:
Bullsback said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinephotographer said:
And... when they did my downstairs bedroom, no punching through the walls either (unlike my old place with another contractor)! Amazing, I was too busy doing other things, wished I could see how they did that

From what I observed they do small pilot holes to see how the beams run and then fish wiring to where the switches are to minimize drywall damage. You can see a small texture patch in the ceiling corner and near the switch but that's about it.

I highly recommend IML.

OCVillager said:
bitmaster20 said:
I am also looking to get recessed lights installed along with getting the popcorn ceiling removed. In the process of getting quotes. Probably also going to get ceiling fans installed in the bedrooms.

Did you get the lights and fans installed? What's your experience? Who did you get it installed from? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Yes, got the work done through Kellys Acoustic Removal. They removed the popcorn ceiling, installed lights and fans. Their price was lower, quality was average. There were a few spots where they were not careful when painting the ceiling, so the white paint got on the wall. I didn't notice it till they were gone. Another issue I had was with the brand of lights they got. They didn't get what I had asked for and I had to argue with him for a while to convince him to get the correct one. I would give them 3 stars (out of 5). If you can spend the time to supervise them a little bit you will get good value for your money.

Back