Can I send my kids to IUSD schools using my rental home address?

MagicJ1zz said:
Rizdak said:
No. Unless you're willing to sign an enrollment form under penalty of perjury.

what's the penalty?

and.. how would they find out?

The penalty is you are kicked out and sent packing to your own district.

We had the kindergarten teacher come to our home. A friend was caught when her kids had a birthday party at their house in Tustin Ranch. I heard someone else was caught when they had mail forwarding out of the district and it was returned to the school.

Doesn't IUSD do random address checks? I know they do this in other high in demand school districts where people use false addresses. Show up early in the morning, evening, etc, unannounced.

Also, how would you propose to access school mailings that are sent to your rental property address? Ask your renter if you can access their mailbox? Your renter would be on to you and could possibly report you.

Rizdak said:

Uh yeah. I can see the headline on the news: Rental property owner gets caught sending his kid to school, and gets locked up. (Get real)

Maybe you should do a little research. One of my coworkers got paneled on a jury trial (out of state) for a single mom accused of enrollment fraud. I think that is ridiculous but anyone can read the IUSD enrollment forms re penalties for themselves.

eyephone said:
Rizdak said:

Uh yeah. I can see the headline on the news: Rental property owner gets caught sending his kid to school, and gets locked up. (Get real)

Let me get this straight. Your coworker got selected for a jury that is out of state. The case was for enrollment fraud.

Just curious, why was your coworker selected on a jury out of state? I am assuming your coworker that lives out of state. Since you brought it up, what state is it?

Rizdak said:
Maybe you should do a little research. One of my coworkers got paneled on a jury trial (out of state) for a single mom accused of enrollment fraud. I think it is ridiculous but anyone can read the IUSD enrollment forms re perjury for themselves.

eyephone said:
Rizdak said:

Are you planning to never let your kids invite their school friends over?  Because when they do, the friends and parents will find out and might say something to others. 

Besides, this is not exactly setting a good example for your kids.  How would you explain to them why they go to school in Irvine but don't live there like their classmates?  Other people might not know what you "got away" with, but your kids will know.

MagicJ1zz said:
If I have a primary home, say in Lake Forest, and I keep my rental home in Irvine, and rent it out (obviously to somebody who doesn't go to K-12), could I technically get away with sending my kids to IUSD schools using the rental home address?

Irvine School District is NOTORIOUS, for sending either teachers or staffs to check on your residency address. They don't just rely on utilities for validating your current claimed address on file. They do it in person.

MagicJ1zz said:
moonchild508 said:
Are you planning to never let your kids invite their school friends over?  Because when they do, the friends and parents will find out and might say something to others. 

Besides, this is not exactly setting a good example for your kids.  How would you explain to them why they go to school in Irvine but don't live there like their classmates?  Other people might not know what you "got away" with, but your kids will know.

it starts with educating our kids that "first rule of business in kindergarten...: tell your classmates you LIVE in Irvine".  When its birthday parties, you tell them you are coming to your mom's home (separated but not divorced).  Your dad's home is in Irvine.  ::) ::) ::)  And that your mom and dad have this "on and off" relationship.  ;D

can we please stop feeding this troll

MagicJ1zz said:
Alright, I'm glad I asked.  I ain't got kids yet, but I'm just curious.  I know of lots of relatives and friends back in the 90s that sent their kids to different school districts and lived elsewhere.  The school districts didn't check (physically).

I'm not worried about the tenant ratting me out.  I will always rent to mainland people and pay them hush money.  Our people like that.

You don't have a kid. So why are you asking the question? Is your gf pregnant? (Baby mama)
Are your friends in your circle doing this, and your asking around?

Back