Cambria @ Stonegate Grand Opening on Jan. 26th

none said:
LiefinIrvine said:
none said:
I know this is Irvine but 600's for a Cambria Plan 2 is really insane.  The charm of a Cambria 2 was that it was in the mid 500's. 
At that point, why not just buy a San Mateo-- unless those are no longer in the low 600s.

I think they are having a harder time selling the homes right off Irvine Blvd.  Unless you plan on renting it out right away, I would never pay that much money to be right off Irvine Blvd.  Crazy.

Even i thought the same about the Lots which have the backyard close to Irvine Blvd. But i found out they sold almost all of them with a premium price:) ... I believe the next phase will be towards jeffrey, but by the time the price will be mid 600's and effectively i will be priced out.

Are you guessing or do you know for sure?  Do you know some inside info?  Actually, when you say "priced out", it makes me think of real estate agents--they are always telling me that. 

I still think it's crazy to buy a Cambria at that price.  I'd rather be priced out.  It's bad enough I can only afford a box attached to a bunch of boxes, but to be right on Irvine Blvd is not worth it. 

I think they're trying to unload those homes b/c the Cambria ppl have contacted me a couple of times and I thought I'm pretty far down the list.
I think a lot of ppl deferred or passed on these particular homes.  No wonder... pay that much and first thing I inhale are fumes...and I'm not even a smoker. 
No thanks.  I want a home, but I still have some priorities... not much...but still some.  TIC can't strip of me all my dignity.

I am not guessing and went to their office and found out that the Lots where the backyard close to Irvine Blvd were sold out with a premium lot price. They  have only 2 more remaining in the same row and will be sold out anytime now.

If you go to their office, you can see that in their Cambria map  with a "Sold" emblem. Not sure whether this price hike is sustainable, but this is irvine, anything is possible.

It's getting too expensive for me too. I will look elsewhere and will patience. I'll buy when something I like is available at the price I can afford. Simple as that. Plenty of rental options in the meantime.

BunkMoreland said:
It's getting too expensive for me too. I will look elsewhere and will patience. I'll buy when something I like is available at the price I can afford. Simple as that. Plenty of rental options in the meantime.

Same here. These prices are getting too expensive. I rather rent as well and wait.

BunkMoreland said:
Anyone have latest prices?

Now they had moved towards jeffrey and they sold 4 homes already. Base price is 579500 for Plan 2 + add the pre planned upgrades + Lot Premiums (Very few lots has this extra price). So  , they had increased 3500 $ in base price from last phase.

But from phase 3 A all the homes include backyard landscaping in their base price.

test said:
Come January watch the cancellations roll in.

As per plan they are going to build 168 units in cambria. So i believe people already in the list will get a call some time. But the concern is the increase in price every release.

LiefinIrvine said:
test said:

As per plan they are going to build 168 units in cambria. So i believe people already in the list will get a call some time. But the concern is the increase in price every release.

Yes, absolutely. I'm already priced out of Plan 3. And I'm not buying Plan 1.

BunkMoreland said:
LiefinIrvine said:
test said:

Yes, absolutely. I'm already priced out of Plan 3. And I'm not buying Plan 1.

Just curious, what was the price when you got on the list and what is it now?

I just wonder how much longer the prices are going to keep rising this fast. It seems $15K every month is now becoming the norm, not the exception.

LiefinIrvine said:
JasonTheArtist said:
BunkMoreland said:
$574k - Jan
$636k - May (includes pre-packaged upgrades)

Wow! That more than a plan 3 San mateo 6 months ago!

And they had sold only 40 homes. If this is the trend, then imagine the price in the last phase :mad:

- 168 homes - 40 homes = 128 homes left to build
- $574,000 - $636,000 = $62,000 increase after 40 homes
- $62,000/40 = $1,550 average increase per home
- 128 homes x $1,550 = $198,000 increase up to last home
- $198,000 increase + $636,000 current price = $834,000 price of last home

I don't know if this is possible, but this is Irvine!

quattroporte said:
LiefinIrvine said:
JasonTheArtist said:
BunkMoreland said:
$574k - Jan

And they had sold only 40 homes. If this is the trend, then imagine the price in the last phase :mad:

your mathematical logic is highly flawed.

quattroporte said:
LiefinIrvine said:
JasonTheArtist said:
BunkMoreland said:
$574k - Jan

The price increase is per PHASE not per HOUSE.  I think the price for the last phases will be around $700k with the model selling for around $750k.

qwerty said:
quattroporte said:
LiefinIrvine said:
JasonTheArtist said:
BunkMoreland said:
$574k - Jan

your mathematical logic is highly flawed.

I never said it was accurate. The calculation is based on just the average. Not exact numbers.

USCTrojanCPA said:
quattroporte said:
LiefinIrvine said:
JasonTheArtist said:
BunkMoreland said:
$574k - Jan

The price increase is per PHASE not per HOUSE.  I think the price for the last phases will be around $700k with the model selling for around $750k.

Even if the prices are per phase the numbers will come out the same since its based on the average increase, i.e. homes (more) = lower average dollar amount or phases (less) = higher average dollar amount. This calculation is just based on a straight line increase. It assumes the same rate of increase per phase/house, which everyone knows is not generally the case. This scenario just ASSUMED what would happen IF the CURRENT AVERAGE price increase continued till the last phase/home. I am by no means trying to say this will happen, but just merely stating what WOULD happen if the rate of increase would stay the same.

Back