Bullying by teacher at IUSD

lingaling

Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting (i have been lurking in this forum for a while), pardon my English (just came here about 3 years ago).
Anyway, how to file a complain regarding teacher that bullying a student?
My kid has been bullied by the teacher (i had talked with several parents and kids, they all confirm this) and a lot of parents and friends suggest us to file a complain with the district, you see, this teacher is in her first year teaching.

Has anyone ever had or at least heard similar situation?
Thank you!

We already talked to the principal (finally found the the truth, the teacher cried and the principal apologize).
Then happened again, we let it go, and happened again and again.

Should I tell the principal that I'm filling a complain ?
Because principal will trying to back up his teachers (which is common things to do).

Thank you

Welcome to TI.

My initial thoughts, I would document in a journal or in an excel spreadsheet what took place. (Includes the date, and location) So when you talk to the administration (vp or principal) you have concerte examples.

For more support, possibly ask the other parents to email you their thoughts or what they experienced.

Tell the principal it's still happening and then see what he/she says.

If it's not to your satisfaction, tell them you will file a complaint with IUSD.

Then file.

Good luck.

I make appointment with principal today.
The last straw was, she told my kid and me that my kid stealing class money from RTI teacher.
And my kid tried to defend and explain, RTI teacher gave money when the kids finished their works and did good.
I asked kids who are in the same RTI and RTI teacher, they all confirmed this.
But she keep telling me that my kid stole it.

we didn't even bother to say anything, useless.
But she keep going on and on about other thing.
Usually parents that aggresive but this time, we don't even care, we even avoid her as much as we can, but she keep chasing us.

I think Avoiding her is NOT a way to solve the problem.  The best way is to write to her and ask her to write down the incidents, get RTI teacher's statements.  Document everything.

You don't need to be aggressive,  but be assertive.  If you think you are wrongfully treated,  please stand up for yourself and your kid.

lingaling said:
The last straw was, she told my kid and me that my kid stealing class money from RTI teacher.
And my kid tried to defend and explain, RTI teacher gave money when the kids finished their works and did good.

Usually parents that aggresive but this time, we don't even care, we even avoid her as much as we can, but she keep chasing us.

My kid goes to IUSD school and we felt the same way.  Staffs and teachers are just mean and nasty.  We moved here thinking the school is great but the experience so far is far from being great.  I thought about sending an email to the principal but I decided not to.  My kid is graduating and I don't want to spend my precious time thinking about it. 
I spoke with a class mother and she told me that they are known to be mean to a certain group of people. 

lingaling said:

What's the name of the school?

#rocktheboat
#putinderectpressure

garagedoor said:
My kid goes to IUSD school and we felt the same way.  Staffs and teachers are just mean and nasty.  We moved here thinking the school is great but the experience so far is far from being great.  I thought about sending an email to the principal but I decided not to.  My kid is graduating and I don't want to spend my precious time thinking about it. 
I spoke with a class mother and she told me that they are known to be mean to a certain group of people.

IUSD teachers have good salaries and definitely not overworked.
90% of kinder already know how to read and write and basic math.

My kid, as you might guess is typical asian kid (straight A's student).
But we are not helicopter parent, he/she just naturally good at it.
We are sending her/him to school to make friends, to socialize with her/his friends, for us, i rather my kid being average but has lot of friends than being alone at the top.

This teacher still young, just turned 25 recently, she needs to learn alot or she will be unfit for teacher.
All the kids in her classroom, know, who are her favorite students and who she picked on, who she ignores.
I rather she ignores my kid than harrasing her/him in daily basis.

We are not sending her/him to school today, better stay at home, the teacher apparently wants to give us "parting" gift.

I no longer walk together with my kid to school because I want to avoid her so much, we were thinking, usually teacher doesn't like parents who bothering them.
But she keep bothering us and reporting her opinion which 99% of them are false).

I even tell my kid, please stay low, very low, don't even breath if you can (to that extreme).

lingaling said:
garagedoor said:

IUSD teachers have good salaries and definitely not overworked.
90% of kinder already know how to read and write and basic math.

My kid, as you might guess is typical asian kid (straight A's student).
But we are not helicopter parent, he/she just naturally good at it.
We are sending her/him to school to make friends, to socialize with her/his friends, for us, i rather my kid being average but has lot of friends than being alone at the top.

This teacher still young, just turned 25 recently, she needs to learn alot or she will be unfit for teacher.
All the kids in her classroom, know, who are her favorite students and who she picked on, who she ignores.
I rather she ignores my kid than harrasing her/him in daily basis.

We are not sending her/him to school today, better stay at home, the teacher apparently wants to give us "parting" gift.

I no longer walk together with my kid to school because I want to avoid her so much, we were thinking, usually teacher doesn't like parents who bothering them.
But she keep bothering us and reporting her opinion which 99% of them are false).

I even tell my kid, please stay low, very low, don't even breath if you can (to that extreme).

Let it out and tell us the school

#letitgo

Lol

don't get it why you do this .....

"I even tell my kid, please stay low, very low, don't even breath if you can "

Straight A student, but yet is in RTI?

And really, they give money to students who finish their work as an incentive?

seems fishy, just sayin'

scooter said:
Straight A student, but yet is in RTI?

And really, they give money to students who finish their work as an incentive?

seems fishy, just sayin'

My kid is in 4th grade, i think RTI is all the way till 6th grade? They separate kids based on their level, they do RTI and word study.
And money is class money, fake money, the more money you have, will earn you pass (wearing a hat for a day, sit on teacher chair, front of the line pass).

I don't know if your kids school dont do RTI or don't have reward/class money/sand dollar system, but in my kid school, we have this.

Fair enough, appreciate the quick explanation. 

It makes more sense now. 

I'm taking back the fishy comment.

Back