Bull run in housing over???

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
momopi said:
[me=momopi]eyes $342/mo HOA @ Delano  @_@[/me]

These are detached condos right?  The detached condos in Oak Creek (on Gelson's side) HOA is only $175/mo.

Not only are Delano attached, but the middle sandwich plan is above the garages of the other 2 plans.

#GarageHeatAndNoise

Hey now, some people work hard to live in those units, not just Delano but they are all over Irvine.
Why so much insulting?

So "sandwich", "heat" and "noise" are insults? Or... facts?

I don't live in Delano nor above garages, but I've done testing whenever I've visited model or open houses.
Delano ones do not make any noise. I've tested TIC homes in SG and also a Brookfield home in WB. They do not make any noise. I've read IHS tested Cal Pac homes also and he was impressed if I remember correctly.
The builders designed that way for new homes although older ones probably will make a crazy sound.
In terms of heat, that really depends on which direction the home faces. The garages nor cars inside do not generate heat for above rooms. If that was the case, your room above or side of your garage will have the same affect for any home. If the room faces SE, then there would not be a heating issue. If NW, it will be HOT especially from 4pm to all night while it will also be too cold in winter.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
momopi said:

These are detached condos right?  The detached condos in Oak Creek (on Gelson's side) HOA is only $175/mo.

Not only are Delano attached, but the middle sandwich plan is above the garages of the other 2 plans.

#GarageHeatAndNoise

Hey now, some people work hard to live in those units, not just Delano but they are all over Irvine.
Why so much insulting?

I don't live in Delano nor above garages, but I've done testing whenever I've visited model or open houses.
Delano ones do not make any noise. I've tested TIC homes in SG and also a Brookfield home in WB. They do not make any noise. I've read IHS tested Cal Pac homes also and he was impressed if I remember correctly.
The builders designed that way for new homes although older ones probably will make a crazy sound.
In terms of heat, that really depends on which direction the home faces. The garages nor cars inside do not generate heat for above rooms. If that was the case, your room above or side of your garage will have the same affect for any home. If the room faces SE, then there would not be a heating issue. If NW, it will be HOT especially from 4pm to all night while it will also be too cold in winter.

Common BTB, and/or YF, why don't you just admit that you got lots of skins in Delano. Delano is price right at phase 1-4, anything after phase 5 onward is grossly priced for greed. No one care to defend something if they have lots of interest in it. Even me I don't defend in GP and I have a few in the basket at GP.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
momopi said:

#GarageHeatAndNoise

Why so much insulting?

Actually... we've had multiple homes with rooms above the garage and they do get hotter, esp if the garage is hot from vehicles being out in the sun all day. You won't notice it if you don't park cars in the garage (like many people in Irvine).

As for noise, that can also be heard, either by the garage door opening... or a car starting and being pulled in and out (again, not if the car isn't parked in the garage). Didn't Compressed-Village do this same test at Delano and said he could hear the garage doors open?

And again, not "insults"... "concerns" would be a better term.

Is BTB "insulting" homeowners when he talks about land toxicity?

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
momopi said:

#GarageHeatAndNoise

Why so much insulting?

Actually... we've had multiple homes with rooms above the garage and they do get hotter, esp if the garage is hot from vehicles being out in the sun all day. You won't notice it if you don't park cars in the garage (like many people in Irvine).

As for noise, that can also be heard, either by the garage door opening... or a car starting and being pulled in and out (again, not if the car isn't parked in the garage). Didn't Compressed-Village do this same test at Delano and said he could hear the garage doors open?

What year your home was built?
I've lived in an old home and yes, they did make noise. I haven't had heat issues from the garage but only from the directions of the room faces.
Newer homes especially ones builts after 2012 don't make noise nor heat issues for sure. Some homes, even new, might still have those issues if the builder is known to produce cheap quality.

If you wanna trust CV more than me or IHS, that's fine. But I actaully carefully have done those testings myself when I was shopping for homes.

I personally think YF's environmental hazardous concerns are less insulting since it was not motivated by personal interests but to let the commuity know what land they are getting into wheras those garage noise issues can be tested by anyone who is interested.

Lanterns in Beacon has a similar setup. Plan 2 is sandwiched with the master bedroom above the garage for Plan 3. Garage door noise is noticeable.

Our current house has one bedroom above the garage. Very obvious temperature difference.

Maserson said:
Lanterns in Beacon has a similar setup. Plan 2 is sandwiched with the master bedroom above the garage for Plan 3. Garage door noise is noticeable.

Our current house has one bedroom above the garage. Very obvious temperature difference.

I see. So those homes at Beacon Park has noise issues. Good to know.

In our current home, the room above garage which is a 2nd bedroom is the coolest area since it is facing SE.

And yes, we park our cars inside garage.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
momopi said:

#GarageHeatAndNoise

Why so much insulting?

I've lived in an old home and yes, they did make noise. I haven't had heat issues from the garage but only from the directions of the room faces.
Newer homes especially ones builts after 2012 don't make noise nor heat issues for sure. Some homes, even new, might still have those issues if the builder is known to produce cheap quality.

If you wanna trust CV more than me or IHS, that's fine. But I actaully carefully have done those testings myself when I was shopping for homes.

Actually, I trust in physics. There isn't enough insulation to totally 100% prevent sound/vibration transmission in wood.

I personally think YF's environmental hazardous concerns are less insulting since it was not motivated by personal interests but to let the commuity know what land they are getting into wheras those garage noise issues can be tested by anyone who is interested.

Hah. Not motivated by personal interests? That's why he rated the hoods he was not "investing" in lower?

Not only are you a BTB Fan Club member... you're the president. :)

Mety said:
Maserson said:

I see. So those homes at Beacon Park has noise issues. Good to know.

In our current home, the room above garage which is a 2nd bedroom is the coolest area since it is facing SE.

And yes, we park our cars inside garage.

So no noise at all when you open the garage? Whoever built that house needs to patent that insulation because it's miraculous!!!!

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
momopi said:

#GarageHeatAndNoise

Why so much insulting?

Actually, I trust in physics. There isn't enough insulation to totally 100% prevent sound/vibration transmission in wood.

Hah. Not motivated by personal interests? That's why he rated the hoods he was not "investing" in lower?

Not only are you a BTB Fan Club member... you're the president. :)

Did you know the quality builders put a thin concrete in between to reduce those noise issues of that physics you trust?
Did you know the current garage doors open painfully slow so that it maximizes the sound proofing?
If you live in El Camino Real, you probably don't know, but it's ok. That's why we have this forum to share things we were not aware of before.

Do you hear a sound of footstep when someone is walking in your home? Of course those modern improvements will not make the garage door to have zero db level at all, but it sure isn't like what you have experienced with homes from 80s. Trust me, my ears are super sensitive since I make music as a hobby. Little bit of sound decimal would bug the crap out of me and those new garage doors (ones I've tested from EW, SG, WB) are none issue.

You can all me fanboy, baby mama, president, or whatever. Seems like name calling is your specialty and I would want you to keep developing what you are good at.

Maserson said:

I feel that detached homes have less of an issue with this.  Perhaps with attached homes, the heat dissipates slower when the garage is trapped between other garages.

Maybe Mety didnt have issues because he/she lived in detached whereas you are in attached home?  not sure. 

Mety said:
Yeah, maybe you can manage to handle those older income properties, but I personally would just buy something newer for both residential and rental properties. It's like I would just lease a new car instead of buying used and deal with repairs all the time. Everyone is different so there is no right or wrong here.

My property manager takes care of that.  I just write the checks.

=========================================

On subject of living above the garage, I lived in Oak Park tri-level condo for years.  The first floor is garage, 2nd is living room and 3rd is bedroom.  Never had an issue with garage heat or noise.  However when a neighbor's toilet overflowed, some water damage seeped down to the garage ceiling.  Because it was summer, it was dried quickly and did not result in moisture/mold issues.  Currently the 1 bed unit rents for ~$2,300/month and 2 bed unit rents for ~$2,600/month from private owners, compared to Irvine company owned Shadow Oaks is ~$3,000/month for 2 bed apartment.

Mety said:
You can all me fanboy, baby mama, president, or whatever. Seems like name calling is your specialty and I would want you to keep developing what you are good at.

Is it name calling... or facts? :)

Now who can't take a joke?

Why so serious? I'm not the only one who has called you out on your overt support for BTB... your reaction is a bit telling it seems.

And let's get back to it... so you really can't hear *any* noise from the garage at all when it opens? Even concrete transmits sound/vibration, no matter how slow a garage door opens (and yes, I know screw drive is much quieter than chain drive... but there is still the garage door itself that generates noise).

kpatnps said:
Maserson said:

I feel that detached homes have less of an issue with this.  Perhaps with attached homes, the heat dissipates slower when the garage is trapped between other garages.

Maybe Mety didnt have issues because he/she lived in detached whereas you are in attached home?  not sure.

I live in detached now, but I lived in an old attached condo before and I did hear a loud noise whenever the door opened. With a current newer detached home, the sound is pretty minimal.
Actually, now I remember I did live in an older detached home with my parents long time ago and the garage door sound was loud.
Never had heating issues in those places.

momopi said:
Mety said:
Yeah, maybe you can manage to handle those older income properties, but I personally would just buy something newer for both residential and rental properties. It's like I would just lease a new car instead of buying used and deal with repairs all the time. Everyone is different so there is no right or wrong here.

My property manager takes care of that.  I just write the checks.

=========================================

On subject of living above the garage, I lived in Oak Park tri-level condo for years.  The first floor is garage, 2nd is living room and 3rd is bedroom.  Never had an issue with garage heat or noise.  However when a neighbor's toilet overflowed, some water damage seeped down to the garage ceiling.  Because it was summer, it was dried quickly and did not result in moisture/mold issues.  Currently the 1 bed unit rents for ~$2,300/month and 2 bed unit rents for ~$2,600/month from private owners, compared to Irvine company owned Shadow Oaks is ~$3,000/month for 2 bed apartment.

Oh nice. Is the property manager pretty costly?

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Why so serious? I'm not the only one who has called you out on your overt support for BTB... your reaction is a bit telling it seems.

And let's get back to it... so you really can't hear *any* noise from the garage at all when it opens? Even concrete transmits sound/vibration, no matter how slow a garage door opens (and yes, I know screw drive is much quieter than chain drive... but there is still the garage door itself that generates noise).

Now I'm gonna cry  :'( :'( :'(
I'm just having fun, man. If I was really serious, I would have just ignored you or silenced you. ;D
I'm not a female so I'm not really a mama. I don't think BTB has a fan club, so I'm not the president either.
Just had to write that to have "FACTS" checked.

Back to the noise issue, I told you. Do you hear a footstep sound when someone is walking around in your home?
- Yes, we all hear footsteps or any little noise that travels in audible frequencies.

Do I any hear a sound when the garage door opens at my home?
- Yes, but sometimes, I don't even notice it while I have pretty sensitive ears.

Is that minimal sound an issue?
- It was when I was in an old condo, but not anymore at this newer place.

Did Delano, a condo from SG and WB make loud noise or sensed any heat issues?
- No, I personally did not hear nor felt any. But maybe someone who has lived there can confirm. I actually did not hear ANYTHING from these homes. Better sound proof than my current detached home.

Do I feel like IHO kinda look down on attached homes?
- Yes, if not, please explain, IHO. And what year your home was built again?

Mety said:
Oh nice. Is the property manager pretty costly?

I pay flat monthly fee per rental to my property manager.  Cost varies depending on distance from Cerritos where he is based.  Usually I don't need to get involved unless if it has to do with the HOA.

Our master isn?t even over the garage and when the garage door opens you can barely hear it. But to IHOs point, you can hear it

Winner = IHO

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

I'm just having fun, man. If I was really serious, I would have just ignored you or silenced you. ;D
I'm not a female so I'm not really a mama. I don't think BTB has a fan club, so I'm not the president either.

Back to the noise issue, I told you. Do you hear a footstep sound when someone is walking around in your home?
- Yes, we all hear footsteps or any little noise that travels in audible frequencies.

- Yes, but sometimes, I don't even notice it while I have pretty sensitive ears.

- No, I personally did not hear nor felt any. But maybe someone who has lived there can confirm. I actually did not hear ANYTHING from these homes. Better sound proof than my current detached home.

The truth just surfaced. The only other screen name that brag about silencing other is Burn That Belly. So Mety just claimed that he could silence you but choose not to. IHO I have to give it to you, you are good at judging character, or in this case screen name. I am going to offer that condo at 50 lpercent less from the list price just to tease BTB owned condo at Delano.

qwerty said:
Our master isn?t even over the garage and when the garage door opens you can barely hear it. But to IHOs point, you can hear it

Winner = IHO

Thanks for your experience with your own home.

I apologize if in any way I'm bringing offensive matters to anyone. I'm mostly just having fun and entertainment here in TI, but this time, I'm really serious and want to set the records straight.

The original argument was the garage door sound and the heat issue for Delano which IHO keeps bashing on.
I believe those homes especially for the units above garages are designed for having no noise issues thus they have better sound proofing than even detached homes. I repeatedly said I've tested myself and heard NO SOUND. And no, I did not feel ANY VIBRATION either. And he kept on switching to asking if MY HOME is like that.
The argument was never on my home, it was on those units above garages especially Delano in this case, and I felt like he and some others kept bringing wrong information so I thought I would chime in.

I will say again, I have done testing on others as well like SG's Santa Maria and WB's Treo which both are pretty similar to Delano's and I did not hear any sound when the garage door opened.
Don't believe? Do it yourself and tell me then. But don't tell me you've done a testing in different areas and different builders homes because I've specifically said which location and which tract I've done testing.

Another issue I had was I felt like IHO was making fun of attached homes so I thought it was pretty offensive to people who actually live in attached homes. Just made comments on those and he fired me back with me being BTB's fanboy and baby mama. Puleeese.. I'm just trying to get the facts straight. Nothing more. And no, I don't work for Delano nor anything, anyone related to the builder.

Compressed-Village said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

The truth just surfaced. The only other screen name that brag about silencing other is Burn That Belly. So Mety just claimed that he could silence you but choose not to. IHO I have to give it to you, you are good at judging character, or in this case screen name. I am going to offer that condo at 50 lpercent less from the list price just to tease BTB owned condo at Delano.

Haha, okay. I will stop sounding like BTB.
I was actually making fun of him by saying I would silence IHO.
I don't care if Delano is having 50% discount or whatnot. I actually think those homes don't worth how it's priced now either.

Back