Brightwater Huntington Beach reduced 300k?

the sales staff is not the issue. it's the price of the product. it's sorta like going to a great restaurant with a rude waiter. u are there for the food, not the waiter.

with that being said. if the breakers ocean view 3k sq feet home is reduced to 700k, i'll buy there regardless of smell, chicken house, ghosts, earthquakes etc....

warmington could always work with the bank and renegotiate the loan...but yep...they need to come down another 20-30%...then they could sell all 4 projects lickity-split.

I don't understand what all of your problems are. I visited Brightwater for the first time a few weekends ago, and all the sales agents and greeters there seemed perfectly nice to me. They actually seemed pretty optimistic and cheery for how the market is right now and even took the time to show me around and talk to me for quite a while despite the fact that they were busy. Maybe if you all didn't have such negative views already you would realize that these people are just trying to make a living and try to remain positive in a fairly negative situation. Also, unlike what some of you here have previously stated, the place was anything but a ghost town...if fact it was actually busy with people who really seemed interested in purchasing a home. I heard nothing but great reactions when walking through the models (one such person was even an architect who had extremely nice things to say about the work done). So, go ahead and say all the mean things you want about the financial state of the company (being honest though, what company these days isn't having a hard time?) but to me, a person with no negative forethoughts about the place thought that it was very impressive in all aspects and the people who work there didn't seem like you have described them at all. I know I am going to get hammered by all of you after posting this, but I thought it was important that someone with something positive and nice to say finally posted something...the type of normal and nice people who don't usually blog, just in case an actual home buyer really does read this blog. (And, while we are being honest, if any of you who claimed you are were actually interested, a few comments off of a blog and rude greeter wouldn't cause you not to...stop being so dramatic).

Yeah, you guys. I was there and it did not stink. There was a smell, but if you have a positive attitude, you will think it smells like fresh baked cookies. And those with a positive attitude will consider house movement to be a free amusement park ride. And cracks in the grout are a good place to sweep dust into so one does not need a dustpan. And the best reason of all to buy at Brightwater: many other people are looking and want to buy there.

[quote author="sunshinegrl" date=1220110098]I don't understand what all of your problems are. I visited Brightwater for the first time a few weekends ago, and all the sales agents and greeters there seemed perfectly nice to me. They actually seemed pretty optimistic and cheery for how the market is right now and even took the time to show me around and talk to me for quite a while despite the fact that they were busy. Maybe if you all didn't have such negative views already you would realize that these people are just trying to make a living and try to remain positive in a fairly negative situation. Also, unlike what some of you here have previously stated, the place was anything but a ghost town...if fact it was actually busy with people who really seemed interested in purchasing a home. I heard nothing but great reactions when walking through the models (one such person was even an architect who had extremely nice things to say about the work done). So, go ahead and say all the mean things you want about the financial state of the company (being honest though, what company these days isn't having a hard time?) but to me, a person with no negative forethoughts about the place thought that it was very impressive in all aspects and the people who work there didn't seem like you have described them at all. I know I am going to get hammered by all of you after posting this, but I thought it was important that someone with something positive and nice to say finally posted something...the type of normal and nice people who don't usually blog, just in case an actual home buyer really does read this blog. (And, while we are being honest, if any of you who claimed you are were actually interested, a few comments off of a blog and rude greeter wouldn't cause you not to...stop being so dramatic).</blockquote>

New poster with One post + Ebulliantly positive on Brightwater + Defensive and Critical = Shill.

[quote author="sunshinegrl" date=1220110098] I know I am going to get hammered by all of you after posting this, but I thought it was important that someone with something positive and nice to say finally posted something...the type of normal and nice people who don't usually blog, just in case an actual home buyer really does read this blog. (And, while we are being honest, if any of you who claimed you are were actually interested, a few comments off of a blog and rude greeter wouldn't cause you not to...stop being so dramatic).</blockquote>

How did you find this blog? Did you use a google search? Did someone refer you? Would you like to know how many hits this thread in particular gets? Did you bother to read the entire thread? Did you see the crappy quality of the construction photos I posted, or did you only read about the unprofessional sales agents? Did you check to see how many views this tread has? It is in the top ten, and maybe even top five. Plenty of normal people blog, its threads like this that bring out the weirdos. See mirror.

So, go back to reading <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Rhonda-Byrne/dp/1582701709/">the secret</a>, and keep the blinders of reality on. We here will just post the facts, happy or sad, bullish or bearish, quality or crappy construction, what we post are facts with our opinions and we are not going to sugar coat them with BS sunshine. Sorry, but life isn't always sunshine and puppy dogs, and when you learn how to deal with that you will become a much genuinely happier person and not have to fake it.

Let's try to give her the benefit of the doubt... and even if she does turn out to be a shill then it's some entertainment.

I don't know if I've posted this or not, but there are still a lot of problems here. The various AV pre-wiring and installation of devices in these homes has been going very slowly because of non-payment, difficult management on the builders' end, etc. And that is just the beginning they've said. Heard that from a lil bird.

[quote author="sunshinegrl" date=1220110098] I know I am going to get hammered by all of you after posting this, but I thought it was important that someone with something positive and nice to say finally posted something...the type of normal and nice people who don't usually blog, just in case an actual home buyer really does read this blog. </blockquote>

The MLPs excepting, I am perfectly normal and nice. I did have a few nice things to say, but they only applied to the most expensive properties. All the rest had serious issues. Yes, I did stick my pricing sheet down the cracks in the grout several times. I didn't talk to any of the sales staff, but graph did, and they seemed nice to him at the time. I thought that one lady needed to lay off the makeup a bit, but that has no bearing on her sales ability.

Anyway, just wanted to give my 2 cents before heading out into the lovely So Cal <em>sunshine.</em>

[quote author="graphrix" date=1220150730][quote author="sunshinegrl" date=1220110098] I know I am going to get hammered by all of you after posting this, but I thought it was important that someone with something positive and nice to say finally posted something...the type of normal and nice people who don't usually blog, just in case an actual home buyer really does read this blog. (And, while we are being honest, if any of you who claimed you are were actually interested, a few comments off of a blog and rude greeter wouldn't cause you not to...stop being so dramatic).</blockquote>

How did you find this blog? Did you use a google search? Did someone refer you? Would you like to know how many hits this thread in particular gets? Did you bother to read the entire thread? Did you see the crappy quality of the construction photos I posted, or did you only read about the unprofessional sales agents? Did you check to see how many views this tread has? It is in the top ten, and maybe even top five. Plenty of normal people blog, its threads like this that bring out the weirdos. See mirror.

So, go back to reading <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Rhonda-Byrne/dp/1582701709/">the secret</a>, and keep the blinders of reality on. We here will just post the facts, happy or sad, bullish or bearish, quality or crappy construction, what we post are facts with our opinions and we are not going to sugar coat them with BS sunshine. Sorry, but life isn't always sunshine and puppy dogs, and when you learn how to deal with that you will become a much genuinely happier person and not have to fake it.</blockquote>

Come on Graph! Sunshine is your typical Oc'r... "faking it" is all she knows how to do!

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

[quote author="frebay" date=1219796334]the sales staff is not the issue. it's the price of the product. it's sorta like going to a great restaurant with a rude waiter. u are there for the food, not the waiter.

with that being said. if the breakers ocean view 3k sq feet home is reduced to 700k, i'll buy there regardless of smell, chicken house, ghosts, earthquakes etc....</blockquote>

Nice analogy, let me show you the restaurant.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

[quote author="sunshinegrl" date=1220110098]I don't understand what all of your problems are. I visited Brightwater for the first time a few weekends ago, and all the sales agents and greeters there seemed perfectly nice to me. They actually seemed pretty optimistic and cheery for how the market is right now and even took the time to show me around and talk to me for quite a while despite the fact that they were busy. Maybe if you all didn't have such negative views already you would realize that these people are just trying to make a living and try to remain positive in a fairly negative situation. Also, unlike what some of you here have previously stated, the place was anything but a ghost town...if fact it was actually busy with people who really seemed interested in purchasing a home. I heard nothing but great reactions when walking through the models (one such person was even an architect who had extremely nice things to say about the work done). So, go ahead and say all the mean things you want about the financial state of the company (being honest though, what company these days isn't having a hard time?) but to me, a person with no negative forethoughts about the place thought that it was very impressive in all aspects and the people who work there didn't seem like you have described them at all. I know I am going to get hammered by all of you after posting this, but I thought it was important that someone with something positive and nice to say finally posted something...the type of normal and nice people who don't usually blog, just in case an actual home buyer really does read this blog. (And, while we are being honest, if any of you who claimed you are were actually interested, a few comments off of a blog and rude greeter wouldn't cause you not to...stop being so dramatic).</blockquote>

How long have you been working in the Brightwater sales office?

I can't believe all of the negativity regarding this project. <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/blue-orange-the-2140349-cliff-breakwater">The Orange County Register</a> makes it sound like a perfect place to live. Forget feng shui; these houses have the perfect pallet of orange complimenting blue. As the reporter writes, "think fire and ice. Beyonc? and Jay-Z." What more can you ask for in your perfect new home?

Yes, it would be nice for the Brightwater sales staff to keep their comments to themselves or admit their identity. Nice attempt, but it failed being so obvious. Is this another testament of their "fake" behavior? I am appalled. This goes back to the comment I had about "refreshing" the sales staff to generate more sales.

They obviously have too much time on their hands if they are actively looking at the blog and answering foolishly.

Again having traffic and looking busy does not equal sales. Getting a sale or two every now and then is not applicable considering they are well below their sales targets.

[quote author="sunshinegrl" date=1220110098]I don't understand what all of your problems are. I visited Brightwater for the first time a few weekends ago, and all the sales agents and greeters there seemed perfectly nice to me. They actually <strong>seemed pretty optimistic and cheery for how the market is right now</strong> and even took the time to show me around and talk to me for quite a while despite the fact that they were busy. ...</blockquote>

Think about what you posted just for a second; would you buy a home from a place if they didn't seem optimisitic? You think people want to take a beating on price/location/market? That's a salesmans job, optimism. Their job is to spin any negative into a positive.

<blockquote>

if fact it was actually busy with people who really seemed interested in purchasing a home.</blockquote>

Looky-loos who're waiting for the auctioning off of unsold homes at more realistic prices. Case in point, their smallest development isn't sold out, as they said I could pick any model and move in less than 30 days. A far cry from the usual 6-12 month back log for new houses in demand (or longer). Interest in purchasing? Uh huh.

I flew over the development two weeks ago on a weekday - there isn't a hustle and bustle of construction for homes that are selling well. I think I counted 3 homes total under construction across all three developments.

<blockquote>Think about what you posted just for a second; would you buy a home from a place if they didn?t seem optimisitic? You think people want to take a beating on price/location/market? <span style="color: red;">That?s a salesmans job, optimism. Their job is to spin any negative into a positive. </blockquote></span>

Yup - sales person = spin master

Received today:

------------------------------------

We started with five homes and due to overwhelming response, only one home remains

at both The Trails and The Sands. If you act quickly, you can own these spectacular

homes that have been enhanced with tens of thousands of dollars worth of designer

upgrades without paying a penny extra. These homes feature these sought-after

refinements:

? Viking? Professional Series stainless steel appliances

? Custom granite countertops throughout

? Custom cabinetry throughout

? Hand crafted stairway system

? Decorative ceilings with wood detail

? Alarm System

? Paver driveways and walkways

? Front yard landscaping

? Built-in DVD wall station, TV and surround sound

? Numerous electrical and lighting upgrades

? Fire sprinklers

? And more!

In addition, the remaining home at The Sands features something special: a living

room media center and double oven!

Don?t miss out on this chance to get the amenities you want most at a price that

can?t be beat. Visit today and see for yourself why The Trails and The Sands homes

are the best value Brightwater has ever offered.

-------------------------------------------------

In other words "We sold a house to someone who either backed out or wasn't qualified and now we're stuck with it - and we need the money!"

Hi, I am new to this blog site, found on Google looking for more info. on Breakwater in HB. I've skimmed through a lot of postings from origination to the most recent. I was wondering if the regulars could give me the positive & negatives associated with this development. I am a REALTOR & one of my clients brought up Brightwater last nite to me., according to another site I visited they're doing pre-approval applications right now.

Thank you

[quote author="Emily Knell" date=1222471821]Hi, I am new to this blog site, found on Google looking for more info. on Breakwater in HB. I've skimmed through a lot of postings from origination to the most recent. I was wondering if the regulars could give me the positive & negatives associated with this development. I am a REALTOR & one of my clients brought up Brightwater last nite to me., according to another site I visited they're doing pre-approval applications right now.

Thank you</blockquote>

This thread has a pretty detailed discussion of the pluses and minues. I suggest you read through the entire thread. There are differences of opinions, photographs, etc.

BTW, there will be several people who will get a big kick out of the fact you found this thread with a Google search...

Yes I have continued reading & watched the protester video, it's always good to get real feedback from real people. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out with Hearthside & their financial state. I've told my client to hold off on Breakwater, maybe there's a better deal in the Seacliff area without so much negativity like ancient burial ground protesters, allegedly rude staff people & potentially way overpriced homes. More investigation on my part is needed.

Back