Bowerman landfill trash may "burn" one day?

JasonTheArtist said:
Are you sure the smell wasn't fresh manure being laid? When ever TIC lays new manure, I have the same reaction. Only happens a few times a year though.

Absolutely positive. I, like Biff Tannen, am very well acquainted with the smell of manure, and although it's strong, that doesn't bother me too much.

This smell was the rancid, putrid smell of rotting garbage multiplied by a thousand. (For those familiar with the hobopower unit of stink measurement, this would rank at about 60 I think.)

I'm even getting a bit nauseated recalling the exact odor, and I have a very strong stomach.

bleh... blame the santa ana winds for ur bad experience... they blow every a few days out of the year

but it isnt just the landfill air thats blown outwards to the sea... it includes all that accumulated smog in riverside smog (from coastal winds blowing all the LA smog into riverside during the months when coastal winds overpower the santa ana winds)... so its not just portola springs or stonegate or woodbury that suffers... the entire irvine suffers when it blows :-\... my eyes get watery when this happens, its just dirty and grimmy... its like "warm" wind... pure gross

I saw bulldozers flattening out the land on the Landfill side of Portola...anyone know what's going there?

This article gave the top 10 biggest landfill in America an interesting title "time capsule".

I got an idea! California "time capsule". The next time when you see the green trucks just think of them as a giant scrapbook.

Back