Black Friday 2014

Anyone able to get the ipad air 2 with $140 giftcard from Target?  Still debating whether to get it.  My 1 year old ipad air 1 still performs well with no noticeable lag even with the latest iOS.

ps9 said:
Anyone able to get the ipad air 2 with $140 giftcard from Target?  Still debating whether to get it.  My 1 year old ipad air 1 still performs well with no noticeable lag even with the latest iOS.

I believe it's sold out at target online. I tried early this morning and it was sold out. The best bet is to go to the store.

irvinehomeowner said:
Only 4k 65" for less than $1k I can find is the Seiki one I posted about months ago, it's not at Walmart anymore but you can order it from Amazon/TigerDirect for $999.

Just saw a seiki 38" 4k LED for 389.99 at tigerdirect.
I'll pass

ps9 said:

I just got the iPad air and ipad mini at the store.

eyephone said:
ps9 said:

I just got the iPad air and ipad mini at the store.

Update: I just got the iPad mini 2 for $299 with 100 gift card. (going to return the iPad mini 1)

Was stupid enough to venture into SCP today.  We got there before 10am, parking was still plentiful in the DTF parking garage.  Even at that early hour it was too hard to shop with the big crowd.  Thought we can catch a bite at DTF, tried to get our name in around 10:45 but the line to sign in was stretched out the auto doors, and almost to the end of the stop sign near Sears.  When we passed by later the wait was 2-3 hours.  Gotta give it to DTF to be able to seat the entire huge restaurant and still be able to function.  Ended up across the street at Bella Cuba for an always great meal.  After 1pm Bristol and Sunflower was gridlocked.  We ran to the old Crystal Court area, plenty of parking near the Sunflower entrance past Bear.  We didn't buy much, as I'm pretty much shopped out online.  It was an experience, not something I will probably do again next year. 

ps9 said:
Was stupid enough to venture into SCP today.  We got there before 10am, parking was still plentiful in the DTF parking garage.  Even at that early hour it was too hard to shop with the big crowd.  Thought we can catch a bite at DTF, tried to get our name in around 10:45 but the line to sign in was stretched out the auto doors, and almost to the end of the stop sign near Sears.  When we passed by later the wait was 2-3 hours.  Gotta give it to DTF to be able to seat the entire huge restaurant and still be able to function.  Ended up across the street at Bella Cuba for an always great meal.  After 1pm Bristol and Sunflower was gridlocked.  We ran to the old Crystal Court area, plenty of parking near the Sunflower entrance past Bear.  We didn't buy much, as I'm pretty much shopped out online.  It was an experience, not something I will probably do again next year.

I went to the Spectrum Center yesterday at 8am and it was quieter than it normally is on a Friday evening. Very pleasant.

Gotta give it to Amazon logistics, majority of the items I ordered Thursday and Friday has arrived, including UPS delivery on Sunday.  The stuff from Target that I ordered on Thursday hasn't even shipped yet.  Got two cancellation emails and that was received just today.  So it takes Target more time to figure out they do not have a product than it takes for Amazon to get the product to my front door!  Granted I have Amazon Prime but the efficiency is still a wide gap.  Bestbuy is not as bad, placed 3 orders, 1 has shipped, and 2 still pending.  And Sears is a joke, I have ShopYourWayMax which like Amazon Prime promises all you can eat 2 day shipping:  still have unshipped orders from a week ago, not canceled, no email updates, just forever in pending status.  At least my Dyson is suppose to be delivered next week, we'll see.

Nobody gets crap better and faster from point A to point B than Amazon.

That is one of the reasons why we now pay tax in CA for Amazon, because they have warehouses here that can make delivery much faster.

So did you do any BF shopping for other people? :)

Did Black Friday at Disneyland. Crowds weren't bad until at 11 AM.  Ordered items off Amazon on Wednesday night. It was sitting at our door Fridat afternoon when we came home

We've moved as much of our gift shopping to Amazon as possible.  Anybody remote gets gift wrapped and shipped directly. 

Ditto re: Amazon. Even the stuff I did "no rush shipping" on to get the $1 promotional credit still got here in 2 days. Amazing.

The trick is to have one order with free Prime 2 day shipping and the rest as the no rush I'm cheap for a $1 discount shipping.  If placed close together, it will arrive in one box via 2 day express.

Back