Bestest Newest Detachedest Home in Irvine for less than $1m?

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
GP is the only place you can get cheap 3 bedroom detached for under a $1m easily and it comes with no drain pipes, requiring constant mold remediation and treatment, which should guarantee a HOA litigation within the 10-year mark, not to mention the fraudulent amount of MR one needs to pay into the coffers of the GP org.

Again, using your strategy, you don't worry about it 10 years down the road because you have sold it to the next buyer.

You act like attached products don't have their own share of issues and litigation... what are the HOA fees at Delano by the way? If I recall correctly, attached products have high HOAs because of the liability.

You have Eastwood colored glasses on... #fakedrainpipenews.

You can't always bet or assume that you're buying it to dump it to the next buyer. Nobody has a magic crystal to time the market right.

For the most part you need to bet on the fact that you may have to hold it longer or you might end up liking and staying longer. Buying in GP is a short term play (under 10 years) before the HOA litigation kicks in. Even then, after all the MR/HOA fees, how much profit does one stand to make? 

The "Argument" of saying GP has so many wonderful amenities therefore, we should buy there is a joke. As I said before, even a tourist can waltz right into GP and enjoy it's wonderful amenities and piss in their fountains without paying a dime. What say you about that? 

Now, build a Great Wall 15 feet high as a gated community surrounding GP then we're talking..

Talk about circular logic.

Back on the Delano thread, I asked you to BTBFactVomit the pros/cons of attached housing and your response was that it didn't matter because you would sell it the next person.

Burn That Belly said:
Nobody cares about problems. They only care about appreciation. When there are problems, you just dump the home to the next sucker. The game repeats.

Now you are saying that you can't "just dump the home on the next sucker"... so which one is it?

Burn That Belly said:
What would you pick?

3 bedroom detached in a worse location or 4 bedroom attached in a better location? (same price)

The attachment is only on one side.

Yea that's what I meant. Buying a detached 3 bedroom is a tough decision because you're paying a premium just to be detached.

Location is king but just looking at the prices at Delano makes me sick. I was there during the grand opening so I know what the prices were at Phase 1. Knowing what my neighbor paid compared to what I would have to pay would keep me from going with Delano at this point in time. From now on I'll only be looking at early phases of any new construction. That's just my opinion though.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
GP is the only place you can get cheap 3 bedroom detached for under a $1m easily and it comes with no drain pipes, requiring constant mold remediation and treatment, which should guarantee a HOA litigation within the 10-year mark, not to mention the fraudulent amount of MR one needs to pay into the coffers of the GP org.

I will take the Hyundai instead. They come with industry-leading 10-year 100K mile powertrain warranty.

or baker ranch

The only way for GP to convince me that it is a great community and philanthropic humane organization is if they offer to WIPE out any all all MR for all future home buyers. Then...and only then... would I be very impressed. 5P has deep pockets to make that happen. The reason why I say that is because 5P is commercializing the area. Amphitheater, base camp food hall, water park... they could just use that revenue stream to fund the GP org.

What do you think 5P is, non-profit corp. and give things away for free. Illogical, and compounded by delusional. They might put you in a mental institution for that thinking.

Wait, if GP have a homeless shelter built then you get the best of both world. Living GP Plus no HOA, no Mello Roos. That would be nice.

Compressed-Village said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:

I will take the Hyundai instead. They come with industry-leading 10-year 100K mile powertrain warranty.

or baker ranch

The only way for GP to convince me that it is a great community and philanthropic humane organization is if they offer to WIPE out any all all MR for all future home buyers. Then...and only then... would I be very impressed. 5P has deep pockets to make that happen. The reason why I say that is because 5P is commercializing the area. Amphitheater, base camp food hall, water park... they could just use that revenue stream to fund the GP org.

What do you think 5P is, non-profit corp. and give things away for free. Illogical, and compounded by delusional. They might put you in a mental institution for that thinking.

Wait, if GP have a homeless shelter built then you get the best of both world. Living GP Plus no HOA, no Mello Roos. That would be nice.

That was my point as well when I made reference to 5P being public. I guess BTB didn?t get it.

qwerty said:
Compressed-Village said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:

or baker ranch

That was my point as well when I made reference to 5P being public. I guess BTB didn?t get it.

Baker Ranch homes are MR free. They say the builders paid that off and I'm sure they still made ton of money.

Mety said:
qwerty said:
Compressed-Village said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:

or baker ranch

Baker Ranch homes are MR free. They say the builders paid that off and I'm sure they still made ton of money.
5P was spunoff from Lennar which remains its largest shareholder. Lennar is a bazillion dollar company involved in all sorts of businesses. So yeah, 5P could pay off the MR if it wanted to.

They should have paid it down to PS levels. That way we can all be spared the daily BTB MR/GP vitriol.

bones said:
They should have paid it down to PS levels. That way we can all be spared the daily BTB MR/GP vitriol.
BTB is just picking up the torch from "double mello" Perspective

aquabliss said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:

Again, using your strategy, you don't worry about it 10 years down the road because you have sold it to the next buyer.

You act like attached products don't have their own share of issues and litigation... what are the HOA fees at Delano by the way? If I recall correctly, attached products have high HOAs because of the liability.

You have Eastwood colored glasses on... #fakedrainpipenews.

Selling it to the next buyer would be a lot easier with EW homes than GP homes is what BTB is talking about.

BTW, what's so bad about attached homes? Please share if you got any bad experiences.
My first condo had 2+ attached walls. I could hear the next neighbor talking and even hear his phone vibration. Not to mention I could hear every time he slammed the door. I could also hear his personal experiences with his gf at night. But it was an old condo and I don't know if newer condos will have the same issues with thin walls between you and your neighbor.
Anyways I decided I would buy the detached home next and I did, and never looked back.

Had a Woodbury condo built in 2005, sound proofing was for the most part good but our neighbors garage was under our master bedroom.  The garage doors have those hydraulic auto-close hinges and the thing slammed shut every time and literally made our bedroom shake. 

Also both my neighbor and his wife smoked but always outside by the garage or in the side courtyard, the smell and fumes went right up to our windows and seeped in.  It was almost a constant flow of smoke and we could never open the windows, even could smell it slightly when windows were closed. 

They were very nice people and we got along with them, they didn't play music loud and I couldn't hear them talking or yelling, but I couldn't take it and had to go detached as well.  I'd rather live in a detached in Tustin or LF vs. another Irvine attached... just can't predict what you will get in terms or attached neighbors.

Yeah, I think garage door sound is terrible on anything built prior to 2012. I also smell my neighbor's smoking time to time. Even though we live in a detached home, there is no distances from each other like Shady Canyon homes. My next buy should be in SC or something similar.

Burn That Belly said:
I just don't understand what is so great about sleeping on top of GP soil that one is willing to fork over thousands more for MR in perpetuity with y-o-y increases... I mean... anyone, absolutely anyone, can enjoy GP as it is.

For Irvine, the priority for RE absolutely unequivocally must be appreciation, preferably short-term appreciation. Even if that means buying in Deerfield. Nobody wants to wait 10 years (and pray for the best). Too many things in life that can happen. You could get run over next year before you have a chance to cash out and enjoy your earnings.

Hey, maybe some people don't care about MR as much...until they get hit with 2% raise the following year.  >:D

In all seriousness though, if one can manage to afford MR, then why not?

Burn That Belly said:
For Irvine, the priority for RE absolutely unequivocally must be appreciation, preferably short-term appreciation. Even if that means buying in Deerfield. Nobody wants to wait 10 years (and pray for the best). Too many things in life that can happen. You could get run over next year before you have a chance to cash out and enjoy your earnings.
Dunno about that. Not everyone thinks that way. They may rather be living on what?s showcased in all the brochures, have good neighbors, walk kids along to school together, see one another at the parks, instead of absent/non existent/vacant/investor ones.  Appreciation of course would be nice, but may not be the most important.  I?d say as long as they can afford it, quality of life trumps appreciation. Just my opinion.

AW said:
Dunno about that. Not everyone thinks that way. They may rather be living on what?s showcased in all the brochures, have good neighbors, walk kids along to school together, see one another at the parks, instead of absent/non existent/vacant/investor ones.  Appreciation of course would be nice, but may not be the most important.  I?d say as long as they can afford it, quality of life trumps appreciation. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I agree, especially if you are buying a home you intend to live in for 10-20 years.  Of course appreciation is a factor, but it's likely not the most important one.  Quality of life, how it fits your needs, etc are all probably more important.

If you are buying a starter home with the intent of moving up in 5 years, then perhaps appreciation potential becomes the primary factor instead.

Burn That Belly said:
arrestedDEVOLVElopment said:
Burn That Belly said:

Like someone said earlier, the new Montara in Portola Springs is a 3 bedroom detached for under $1 million. Although, in my opinion if you're going for detached you really should be aiming for 4 bedrooms.

What would you pick?

3 bedroom detached in a worse location or 4 bedroom attached in a better location? (same price)

The attachment is only on one side.

Would you rather have a fully loaded Hyundai Sonata or a base model BMW 3 series?

Back