Best place for Wood Floor Wholesale

Paris167

Ok guys I already used the search feature and couldn't find the info I needed.
Most on TI have been talking about wood floor companies where you buy the wood and they install it as well (ex venetian or tompkins)

I already have a contractor to do my upgrades after COE including installing my wood floors. But now I need to go to a wholesale wood flooring place to purchase my wood floors so my contractor can install them.

Anyone have recommendations on where I can buy some quality wood floors for a good price? Thanks

eyephone said:
Shouldn't your contractor have an idea??

He is from the westlake village area so he thinks it's better for me to get it locally around OC.
I need to have it delivered to the house. We're trying to purchase all materials to keep costs low. he is only charging me by the day so labor oly if we get materials. I think it's much cheaper doing it this way than going with a floorig company like venetian.

Anyone tried lumbar liquidators? They have a store in santa ana - was planning to check it out this week

There is that huge flooring and tile place off of Dyer and the 55 (I keep forgetting the name).

Also... Lumber Liquidators.

Paris said:
I already have a contractor to do my upgrades after COE including installing my wood floors. But now I need to go to a wholesale wood flooring place to purchase my wood floors so my contractor can install them.

Hope you will post how it all turned out after everything is complete.  Any concerns on demolition of Builder installed tiles and how it may affect the kitchen cabinets/baseboard?

Irvine Dream said:
Paris said:

Hope you will post how it all turned out after everything is complete.  Any concerns on demolition of Builder installed tiles and how it may affect the kitchen cabinets/baseboard?

Hopefully they'll take out the tile carefully and spare those things esp cabinets. But it's the risk we take to save a lot of money on flooring otherwise through DC. Tile is only i kitchen and entry way, rest is all carpet so that's easy.

They have a pretty good selection of non wood flooring.

Haven't been there lately, but their wood inventory wasn't very current when we went. They didn't have the grey/beige wire scraped wood (Provenza?) that you see in all the model homes.

But that was last year so maybe they have it now. I know that for tiles and stone, they have almost everything. Pricing is reasonable as far as I can tell.

irvinehomeowner said:
There is that huge flooring and tile place off of Dyer and the 55 (I keep forgetting the name).

Don't really like lumber liquidators. Kind of felt like the Ashley's of flooring. Might find some nice stuff, but selection felt very traditional and weighted mostly towards low-end stuff...not what I'd put in my $1mil+ OH home.

i1 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Don't really like lumber liquidators. Kind of felt like the Ashley's of flooring. Might find some nice stuff, but selection felt very traditional and weighted mostly towards low-end stuff...not what I'd put in my $1mil+ OH home.

Thx for the input. I haven't see anyone on TI mentioning them much anyway. I'll check out floor and decor and there was one other place iN Santa Ana with good yelp reviews (forgot the name now)

I wonder where Venetian/ Tompkins get their floors from - likely direct wholesale

Anyone have any recs on a good quality type of wood floors you put in your home that you love?

Paris said:
I wonder where Venetian/ Tompkins get their floors from - likely direct wholesale

Anyone have any recs on a good quality type of wood floors you put in your home that you love?

Venetian, Tompkins got their wood supply direct from the distributor or manufacture. 

Company like Provenza which is quite popular with their wire brushed oil finish hard wood and Urban Floor with nice selection of mid to high end hard wood are located locally with office, warehouse and distribution center but you need to be a dealer to purchase from them directly.  Urban Floor have a nice show room for customer to look at their products. 

Another hard wood brand I would recommend is Pravada Floors  Their wire brushed collection HAUTE COULEUR is very similar to Provenza's.  My flooring contractor highly recommend this brand, it's from Canada and he think the quality is slightly better than Provenza's.  This is the wood flooring I have in my home and  I totally love it.  New York Caepets in Anaheim also carries Pravada and offer pretty decent prices if you are not able to purchase them directly from the distributor. 

For higher end wood flooring, you might want to take a look at DuChateau.

We have had two really good experiences with Lumber Liquidators and would use them again. All of the customer service support before and after have been great and they price adjusted when our flooring changed prices. We would use them again although I understand some people using a more prominent name because it sounds better.

Just a word of caution about Lumber Liquidators.  According to a 60 Minutes report, they found high level of formaldehyde in some China-made laminate floors.

Lumber Liquidators stock slammed by ?60 Minutes? report
Shares of Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc. fell sharply Monday, after a ?60 Minutes? report alleged the U.S. retailer of hardwood flooring has installed Chinese-made laminate flooring in many American homes that contains far higher-than-accepted levels of formaldehyde, a chemical known to cause cancer.

In a damning report, the ?60 Minutes? team said three certified labs testing formaldehyde levels in the company?s Chinese-made laminate found it far exceeded California emissions standards.

lnc said:
Just a word of caution about Lumber Liquidators.  According to a 60 Minutes report, they found high level of formaldehyde in some China-made laminate floors.

Lumber Liquidators stock slammed by ?60 Minutes? report
Shares of Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc. fell sharply Monday, after a ?60 Minutes? report alleged the U.S. retailer of hardwood flooring has installed Chinese-made laminate flooring in many American homes that contains far higher-than-accepted levels of formaldehyde, a chemical known to cause cancer.

In a damning report, the ?60 Minutes? team said three certified labs testing formaldehyde levels in the company?s Chinese-made laminate found it far exceeded California emissions standards.
Down around 20%, down $10.50

Back