Beacon Park Vs Stone Gate. Which is worth the buck?

Yeah, so for people needing to go 405 area and can't afford HC and don't want greenwood, BP > SG in this case, even OH, it's crazy to think that going from one end of Irvine to the other can take such a long time taking local streets during rush hour.

Wonder if the city planners have something up their sleeves/solution when GP/PS/BR gets built out

In the same context of SG and BP, why Portola Springs are relatively cheaper than these two communities? Distance is just 5 min. away, same school district and why a significant price different of 100K for the same square feet homes?

java123 said:
In the same context of SG and BP, why Portola Springs are relatively cheaper than these two communities? Distance is just 5 min. away, same school district and why a significant price different of 100K for the same square feet homes?

SG has the top elementary school rating. Can also walk to school more easily.

Many buyers are not aware that Portola Springs had an elementary school open two months ago. Redfin still says no elementary school.

Once the Portola Springs Elementary gets rated, I expect some appreciation of home values.

Stonegate is way better than Beacon park considering BP has Soil contamination and High mello roos.

Am I the only one here that doesn't see what makes either of these two Irvine communities appealing? They just seem so far from everything that it doesn't make sense to make such a large investment for new construction unless you work from home or enjoy long commutes.

oc4life said:
Am I the only one here that doesn't see what makes either of these two Irvine communities appealing? They just seem so far from everything that it doesn't make sense to make such a large investment for new construction unless you work from home or enjoy long commutes.

Different strokes for different folks...

Depends on the person.  How do you know where people work.  There are tons of companies towards east and south of sand cyn.

AW said:
Yeah, so for people needing to go 405 area and can't afford HC and don't want greenwood, BP > SG in this case, even OH, it's crazy to think that going from one end of Irvine to the other can take such a long time taking local streets during rush hour.

Wonder if the city planners have something up their sleeves/solution when GP/PS/BR gets built out

I live in SG and used to go toward the Airport for work.  It wasn't too bad actually as I could either take Sand Canyon, Jeffrey, or the free portion of 133 to get to the 405.  I find that the traffic jams up before Jeffrey (on the 405) and once you get past that part it's easy sailing.  I am not sure how BP is better considering you either have to go back on Alton or turn left on Sand Canyon to get to the freeway.  That left turn on the Sand Canyon is a killer IMO.

oc4life said:

What do you consider to be "close"?  SG is a little far from Jamboree but it's not bad.  It is somewhat far from the District but I usually go there during weekends.

One of the benefits of SG is that there are multiple exits...I just cut through the community to get to Portola, Jeffrey, Irvine Blvd., or Sand Canyon.  Woodbury Town Center is just across the street, OH, Cypress Village, the Culver/Irvine shopping center are just a short drive away,  Costco and Spectrum are a couple exits away on Alton, and Mission Viejo/Laguna Hills are more accessible.

SG is also close to Zion Market and about 5 minutes from Orangetree. 

It's not as well situated as Northwood Square/Pointe or Woodbury but it's pretty close to everything I need.  Of course, I wouldn't mind moving to Eastwood if the price is right.

Irvinecommuter said:
AW said:

I live in SG and used to go toward the Airport for work.  It wasn't too bad actually as I could either take Sand Canyon, Jeffrey, or the free portion of 133 to get to the 405.  I find that the traffic jams up before Jeffrey (on the 405) and once you get past that part it's easy sailing.  I am not sure how BP is better considering you either have to go back on Alton or turn left on Sand Canyon to get to the freeway.  That left turn on the Sand Canyon is a killer IMO.

Left turn to sand cyn, are you referring to folks living in PP and BP?
I'm going to assume for BP, trabuco will eventually open up, it's still a left turn to sand cyn but probably not as bad since people at PP and PS should be using Portola and Irvine blvd. 

Sucks for people coming down sand cyn, through traffic will have to wait at trabuco even longer...

AW said:
Irvinecommuter said:
AW said:

Left turn to sand cyn, are you referring to folks living in PP and BP?
I'm going to assume for BP, trabuco will eventually open up, it's still a left turn to sand cyn but probably not as bad since people at PP and PS should be using Portola and Irvine blvd. 

Sucks for people coming down sand cyn, through traffic will have to wait at trabuco even longer...

Yeah...BP and PP for now...left on Irvine.  That Trubaco left is not great either..especially when there are new developments in that area.  Sand Canyon has been a little better since they finished construction...they need to sync the lights and get rid of Burt Road light and align Marine with the 5 freeway exit.  Also, instead of merging near the 5, they should just turn it into a dedicated right turn lane with a right turn light.

Back