Beacon Park Ellwood or Tustin Legacy Greenwood or wait for Eastwood?

FranchisePlr said:
I think the landfill distance is overrated...SG, CV, PS, PP and BP are all pretty much the same.  I like Tustin Legacy as well but you actually can smell the recycling facility too. 

good point about the recycling facilty.  just across jamboree, is Waste managemnt disposal service. Anyone who is looking to buy at tustin legacy, esp. the lots facing jamboree, please go visit that recycling center first.  They are open to public for free recycling and waste disposal and unfortunately I went there one time to rid of cardboard boxes. I will never ever set my foot there again. Bring a mask . pure filth.

I think Beacon Park and Legacy present good opportunities to buy now before interests rates rise. Waiting for Eastwood means you cannot lock into your mortgage rates until you close (which is around Fall/Winter next year). By then you would have locked into both peak prices and higher interest rates. What a disaster in the making.

irvinehomeowner said:
How many years have people been saying that interest rates will rise?

I guess for a while. But What's your point?

It's a human flaw to equate risks that don't appear for a period of time with no risk. It's usually that thinking that gets people in trouble. Two out of three pigs learned the hard way.

Interest will rise a little bit, economy will tank, wall street will tank, money gets printed....interest goes back down....cycle until zombie apocalypse.

is it really worth purchasing ellwood after

1. rising price 60k and their floor plans are not as good as $1m homes worth. I mean no attached baths in second floor as welton.
2. No spacious walk way as welton.
3. Need lots more money for upgrades where other builders including option in listed price.
4. Deck in ellwood will be surrounded by neighbors roof peaks and I can imagine, it looks like well/pit on roof top.

Keeping this in context, is it really worth buying ellwood at this point of time. I dont understand why priority list at ellwood? do you anticipate further rate increase for ellwood?

I like BR, but schools are high priority. I like SG, but cookie cutter concept and no middle school. like PS, but dont know why. visiting GW this weekend...cant wait for eastwood for interest rates. other parts of irvine is good, but older homes and still same price as new.

Two questions in same topic, but they are in context.  Any knowledge sharing is appreciated..

Hmmm........ I thought the same thing in 1999 when the houses on the street behind me sold for 20% more than mine 9 months earlier and THEN same models opened in a second area because they sold so well for ANOTHER 20%.

I couldn't believe the price increase with the first 20% rise and then came another 20%.

And then houses went even higher! It wasn't until another 3 years before they fell back to earth but guess what? Not one house that sold in the second 20% increase ever saw those prices when they dropped to their lows in 2012 and now they sit a million bucks higher than the highest ones sold.

Point being..................... who knows?

Buy something you can afford with the amenities you want/need, big enough to raise your family in the right school district until the day you die cuz u just might own it that long and you'll be fine.

If you sit saying, I like this but not that for here and there you will NEVER buy a thing and just sit and say coulda woulda shoulda and then you'll just fret about what you didn't do and why are things priced for more now with smaller lots or you'll whine that prices are the same or lower but you can't find what YOU want or the payments are higher because rates are higher and you are actually worse off in the long run.

Oh yeah and if you try to find something that you could stay in all your life, make absolute sure you have a downstairs bedroom......... someday you'll need it.

Welton is very nice and I like Taylor Morrison's as a builder.  But for the same price, I can get a house at Ellwood (even today) with a rooftop deck that has more sq footage than the Plan 1 with Ellwood's Plan 2.

The only builder I know including decent options is Lennar but you can't customize them.

But let's be honest, I'd for sure rather have a rooftop deck than not have one.  People complain that it isn't worth it but if you ask any builder or frankly, anyone that if you could build an extra story to your home and add over 500 sq ft of a rooftop deck for 40k, you would do that in a heartbeat.

270 degree view, yes, some may face another rooftop deck or a roof peak but that leave at least 150-180 degree of something that's not your neighbor.  For the rest of the two story homes right now, you look outside and see a neighbor's garage, or a master bedroom of someone else.

I'd rather watch the Warriors (oops, I meant the Lakers) on the rooftop deck why have a bruski rather than always having to be in the living room.

Or I can just go a couple of streets down to Harper by Lennar and get a Plan 3 for $870,000 and have everything included  ;).

#firstworldproblems

java123 said:
is it really worth purchasing ellwood after

1. rising price 60k and their floor plans are not as good as $1m homes worth. I mean no attached baths in second floor as welton.
2. No spacious walk way as welton.
3. Need lots more money for upgrades where other builders including option in listed price.
4. Deck in ellwood will be surrounded by neighbors roof peaks and I can imagine, it looks like well/pit on roof top.

Keeping this in context, is it really worth buying ellwood at this point of time. I dont understand why priority list at ellwood? do you anticipate further rate increase for ellwood?

I like BR, but schools are high priority. I like SG, but cookie cutter concept and no middle school. like PS, but dont know why. visiting GW this weekend...cant wait for eastwood for interest rates. other parts of irvine is good, but older homes and still same price as new.

Two questions in same topic, but they are in context.  Any knowledge sharing is appreciated..

Ready2Downsize said:
Hmmm........ I thought the same thing in 1999 when the houses on the street behind me sold for 20% more than mine 9 months earlier and THEN same models opened in a second area because they sold so well for ANOTHER 20%.

I couldn't believe the price increase with the first 20% rise and then came another 20%.

And then houses went even higher! It wasn't until another 3 years before they fell back to earth but guess what? Not one house that sold in the second 20% increase ever saw those prices when they dropped to their lows in 2012 and now they sit a million bucks higher than the highest ones sold.

Point being..................... who knows?

Buy something you can afford with the amenities you want/need, big enough to raise your family in the right school district until the day you die cuz u just might own it that long and you'll be fine.

If you sit saying, I like this but not that for here and there you will NEVER buy a thing and just sit and say coulda woulda shoulda and then you'll just fret about what you didn't do and why are things priced for more now with smaller lots or you'll whine that prices are the same or lower but you can't find what YOU want or the payments are higher because rates are higher and you are actually worse off in the long run.

Oh yeah and if you try to find something that you could stay in all your life, make absolute sure you have a downstairs bedroom......... someday you'll need it.
Arborcrest? 

Yes, Arborcrest and Arborcrest II were the developments.

And prices in Northwood Pointe had already risen significantly by the time these homes were built. People bought in the earlier developments, sold those for a profit and moved to Arborcrest. I could not believe the increase in prices and thought FOR SURE they would never ever be able to sell their homes for a profit.

Fast forward, I think it's going to be hard to sell for a profit buying now but that is because I think rates going higher will hurt and it's already unaffordable for most of us due to FCB pushing prices up so that only a few can afford bigger homes.

Fully agree with ReadyToDownsize, buying home should be based on conditions and options available now ie, today. Simply waiting and hoping for better deal does not help as no one can predict the future. Live stress free by living in todays world not yesterday or tomorrow  :D

srinids said:
Fully agree with ReadyToDownsize, buying home should be based on conditions and options available now ie, today. Simply waiting and hoping for better deal does not help as no one can predict the future. Live stress free by living in todays world not yesterday or tomorrow  :D

I 2nd that. BP, OH, Legacy, or CV is the way to go. Waiting for Eastwood is foolish.

soysen said:
srinids said:

I 2nd that. BP, OH, Legacy, or CV is the way to go. Waiting for Eastwood is foolish.

Nothing indicates Eastwood will be better than any existing community. If anything you know it will be very dense.

Eastwood is in a great location. We're getting a premium corner lot away from the freeway at Jasmine, but I've started feeling a bit of buyers remorse. On thing though, we wouldn't get 3.875% late next year, so there is that in our favor...

Zenyatta1 said:
Eastwood is in a great location. We're getting a premium corner lot away from the freeway at Jasmine, but I've started feeling a bit of buyers remorse. On thing though, we wouldn't get 3.875% late next year, so there is that in our favor...

Yep, it's pretty high change by next Sept (when Eastwood phase closes) rates will be close to 5.

Zenyatta1 said:

You Are probably right, you could get 3.5% then :)

Zenyatta1 said:

Regret about the Jasmine or the CV in general?

As for Jasmine, it's the most successful IP floor plan by numbers and they build so many through out several different communities.  I don't think you can go wrong with that.

As for CV, as long as you are away from the freeway, you're good.  Give it time, the more centralize location and quicker access to freeway will start to spoil you.

soysen said:
Zenyatta1 said:

Yep, it's pretty high change by next Sept (when Eastwood phase closes) rates will be close to 5.

About a zero % chance rates will be close to 5 next Sept.

Every 0.25% the feds raise short term rates should raise 30yr mortgage rates about 0.05%. If the Fed does 4-5 increases bringing short-term rates from 0-.25% to 1-1.25%, mortgage rates should go from 3.875% to about 4.125%

lnc said:
Zenyatta1 said:

Regret about the Jasmine or the CV in general?

As for Jasmine, it's the most successful IP floor plan by numbers and they build so many through out several different communities.  I don't think you can go wrong with that.

As for CV, as long as you are away from the freeway, you're good.  Give it time, the more centralize location and quicker access to freeway will start to spoil you.

I don't think CV is ever going to get away from the freeway issues..it's not just the freeway but exit/entry traffic.  Jeffrey Trail also accentuates the problem. 

Back