Beacon Park Ellwood or Tustin Legacy Greenwood or wait for Eastwood?

FranchisePlr

If you had a choice between a house in Greenwood/Huntley and a house in Ellwood/Weldon, which would you choose?  Or wait for Eastwood and gamble on price hikes....

Greenwood/Huntley

Positives:
Greenwood location - Central Irvine and Hub for the freeways
Walking distance or very close to Whole Foods/Eating
More lot if you go with Huntley

Negatives:
Right beside Jamboree (backing it vs 133 of BP)
Apartments (and people that come with it) literally across the street

Ellwood/Weldon

Positives:
Neighborhood Feel, streets seem more wide open, always liked Pavilion Park type of neighborhood vs the same look of CV, SG
Irvine School District, Portola High and new K-8

Negatives:
Distance in Irvine (depending where you work/play)
Slightly higher MR

Want to buy in mid 800s to high 900s range.  Where else would you suggest or should I wait it out for Eastwood?

Personally, I wouldn't hold out for Eastwood.  IMHO, a mobile home park across the street would hurt resale value more than a cemetery...  >:D

There is Parkview and The Terraces at Baker Ranch.

Postivies:
No MR
Good amenities

Negatives:
Slightly more remote than BP

FranchisePlr said:
If you had a choice between a house in Greenwood/Huntley and a house in Ellwood/Weldon, which would you choose?  Or wait for Eastwood and gamble on price hikes....

Want to buy in mid 800s to high 900s range.  Where else would you suggest or should I wait it out for Eastwood?

I would wait a few month to see what Eastwood has to offer before making any decision.

It looks like Eastwood will be open at beginning of '16 (Maybe around February?), so there shouldn't be a price hike in this short amount of time.  Eastwood is developed by TIC so expect the community layout to be similar to Stonegate and CV and the MR and HOA will be more reasonable compares to Greenwood and BP. 

The Piedmont at Eastwood might be a good alternative for you, it's worth to take a closer look. http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13653.0.html

Piedmont might be an improvement of Terrazza floor plan with extra 100 sq.ft. and a real driveway.  Plan 1 with 2182 sq.ft should start out in the $900s.  Official price should be out soon. 

EW is like SG, if you like SG, wait for EW
BP, I'd choose Ellwood with a deck over Welton
There's also that PS newer section that'll open up, there's some threads on it, several condo types

Haven't you been in the market for awhile? if so, shoulda jumped in on early phase pricing on either.  Not sure how much Huntley has gone up but Elwood's increases are not insignificant.

bones said:
Haven't you been in the market for awhile? if so, shoulda jumped in on early phase pricing on either.  Not sure how much Huntley has gone up but Elwood's increases are not insignificant.

that's correct, Ellwood has increased 50k+ on every model since the grand opening in August. looking at the speed of their sales, and compare the price range they are in, it doesn't look good that Ellwood will stay moderate on price hike.

bones said:
Have Huntley's crept up much? I haven't been back their in a long time. 

I wouldn't buy Eastwood. Here's my reasoning.

1. Interest rates will rise next year, home prices are at its peak now. Raising interest rates with peak prices is a really bad combo.

2. Eastwood is next to one of this country's biggest trash dump. So is Beacon Park.

3. Eastwood sits right across the street from a trailer park. What, really? I know it's a senior trailer park, but a trailer park is a trailer park.

4. Every new community squeezes lot sizes smaller and smaller. I can only imagine the tiny lots and zero lot lines Eastwood will jam down our throats.

gasman said:
soysen said:
2. Eastwood Irvine is next to one of this country's biggest trash dump.

Fixed. :)  Everyone stop buying in Irvine...it's way too close to the landfill!

Come on, we all know any negative effects/issues/perception with the landfill magically disappears at the very border of the neighborhood you bought in.  If you buy in EW, you're further away from it than SG so you're good.  If you bought in SG, then you're further away than PP so you're good.  If you bought in PP, then you're further away from it than PS so you're good.  If you bought in PS, well, so did those folks in the $2M Lambert Ranch homes so we all must be good!

Lol.  Then when you pick CV, newest community furthest from the landfill, going to complain about the freeway.  OH has pesticide issue. Etc etc etc

bones said:
gasman said:
soysen said:
2. Eastwood Irvine is next to one of this country's biggest trash dump.

Fixed. :)  Everyone stop buying in Irvine...it's way too close to the landfill!

Come on, we all know any negative effects/issues/perception with the landfill magically disappears at the very border of the neighborhood you bought in.  If you buy in EW, you're further away from it than SG so you're good.  If you bought in SG, then you're further away than PP so you're good.  If you bought in PP, then you're further away from it than PS so you're good.  If you bought in PS, well, so did those folks in the $2M Lambert Ranch homes so we all must be good!

The point here is how the contaminates will flow from the dump. In this case, SG, PS, PP, BP, LR, and Eastwood are all in its flow path.  I don't think Turtle Rock or even OH has much to worry here.

bones said:
darn, i thought the 24 hour guard gates at LR stops the flow of all contaminates.

The 24 hour guard gates apparently was no deterrent to the birth hotel.

Unless you need a new house immediately, what do you have to lose to wait a few months for Eastwood models to open?

Happiness said:
bones said:
darn, i thought the 24 hour guard gates at LR stops the flow of all contaminates.

The 24 hour guard gates apparently was no deterrent to the birth hotel.

Unless you need a new house immediately, what do you have to lose to wait a few months for Eastwood models to open?

It would more having to wait a year. Assuming the community opens in late Spring, move in wont be until Fall next year.

I think the landfill distance is overrated...SG, CV, PS, PP and BP are all pretty much the same.  I like Tustin Legacy as well but you actually can smell the recycling facility too. 

In regards to commute, being in one of these communities adds 5-10 mins to your commute depending where you work so it's not a big deal.  With the toll roads, lessens that by 5 minutes but adds $30 a month.

Originally wanted Greenwood but once they started releasing homes close to Jamboree, I really didn't want to be a stone's throw from a highway/freeway.  Pricing got out of hand for Greenwood.  Ellwood seems to have made it's run as well.  Getting into a deck at Ellwood would seem hard considering the priority list and I have passed a couple of times since I can't make up my mind lol.  Resales right now are priced around the same as what new homes are going for with some basic upgrades....

BR is a bit too far and the neighborhood feel is quite different.  Going to that Target and Walmart kinda gives you a different vibe.

Now the debate is, should I buy now or actually wait it out.  Rates to me, are too good to pass up and a few ticks up in rate will make the prices pretty high.  I don't  actually need to move but feel it's time....it's either buy now or wait it out if rates go up...maybe another 2 years from now to enter back in....

Back