Banned restaurants

PS9 - you're right about the udon place at Mitsuwa CM. Longest lines in the food court for that place, but I don't think I'd want to eat 3hr old fried food.

I can't remember which place poisoned me, but given the turn over of most restaurant chefs the culprit is probably long gone.

Roger said:
GH said:
Roger said:
Coleman said:
Cash hands to touch your food worries you?  :eek:

I've eaten at 101 noodle many times and have never had a stomach ache. Maybe the lack of cash hands touching your food has made you a softie. 

Try eating at least one piece of food that has touched the table each time you go out to build up some immunity.

Bad service? I would return
Dishonest service? I would not

Referring to Yigah in Dimond Plaza, Irvine
Dishonest service? I would not -> we found that they charged us $26.20 for two dishes costing $10.99 each.  The amount is small but is just a matter of principals...

Did you look at the receipt breakdown to see where the extra amount came from ? Did you complain ?  It could just be an honest mistake which is not unusual for small asian restaurant (from wrong food served to wrong charges or menu price not updated etc).

They did not provide a breakdown receipt.  That's why I think it's shady because normally customer won't suspect if the bill is correct or not. 
And their item price almost all the same for main dishes except for 2 or 3 ones that are different.  It is highly unlikely they will messed up the bill with that kind of pricing structure.
I check the menu someone posted around feb. this year and the prices are still 10.99 each for those two items we ordered.  Unless of course if they change the price in march, but regardless they should update their menu accordingly.

Sorry to hear about your issues with Yigah...we got there pretty often and enjoy the food...service is a little lacking when they get busy. 

I don't really have any "banned" restaurant..just ones I don't care for.  Sam Woo is pretty low on my list although their take out side is decent.  Also, not a fan of BCD Tofu or that rotating sushi place at DJ,.

Gonna have to add Capital Seafood at DJ to the list.

@Homer

What's going on man?  Got chipped teacups, chipped plates, bad cuts of pork chops (all fat), lukewarm claypot being served.  Quality has gone downhill here.  Not sure about the spectrum location but avoid the DJ one.

I made the mistake of eating lunch at the Mitsuwa food court (Costa Mesa) today. 20 minutes for parking, 30 minutes to find a table, 45 minutes for Santouka ramen! Never again coming back to this place for lunch on a Sunday. Irvine's food court might be smaller but at least the parking and ramen wait times are shorter.

Don't you find the ramen at Costa Mesa location tastier?  Maybe it's just a mental thing, but the Irvine location doesn't seem to taste quite the same, though I eat there often due to convenience.

aquabliss said:
Don't you find the ramen at Costa Mesa location tastier?  Maybe it's just a mental thing, but the Irvine location doesn't seem to taste quite the same, though I eat there often due to convenience.
I agree the soup has more flavor but it also might be my imagination as well 😉

I agree, the Irvine location is more porky and not as umami as the CM location.  But still good enough to not have to drive out of Irvine.  I mentioned prior, but the ramen at Sagami is pretty good.  It's buried in their myriad of complicated menus (my restaurant pet peeve), near the bottom and back of the yakitori menu.  A decent pork bone broth, the two thick slices of pork belly is mighty tasty and better than Santouka.  Ask for ginger on the side though.

Coleman said:
There was one restaurant that I went to with a large group where they hide the gratuity within the many items on the bill!  Then, the slip still had the spot clearly open for tips.  The waiter never mentioned that the tip had already been included.

That was quite shady on their part! Shockingly, I can't remember the name of the restaurant.  :-[
I swore that I would never be caught by one of those.  I've seen others get caught, and it would never happen to me. 

Sadly I was fooled earlier this year when out of town.  It was on a $200+ bill, too.  Once we got on the freeway, it occurred to me and everything clicked and I felt like a sucker the rest of the day...

Back