Balloon Twister / Face Painter for Kid Party

@SoCal

Not sure if this would help, but Mike the balloon dude had this neat apron/belt/balloon thing.. like this...

a6489cbb.jpg

also a hand pump attached... he was pretty good with the kids.. had the kids involved during the construction of the ballons by having them hold all the pieces as he put them together..  he made alot of disney characters.. Cars, Ariel, Buzz... so those would be easily recognizable by little ones if they have trouble deciding..

Here's my fav from the party..

a0a1ff16.jpg

Surfer dude..

Thanks for the pics, PS9.

Yeah, that's called a "busking bag". I have something similar. Ditto on the double-action hand pump.

I got depressing news yesterday. There was a mis-communication with the Saturday event. It turns out they don't need my help afterall because they already have someone. I'm starting to think this was a dumb idea.  :( As a bored housewife, I generally come up with one hot, cockamamie idea every few months, get all fired up about it, and then talk myself out of it and move on to the next thing.  ;) I will still do it for the birthday party but I don't know about after that. It is fun to make for gifts, though. I love creating beautiful gifts. I made the monkey clutching a small box with a gift card inside. It's a very clever & fun thing to do for friends especially during the holidays and for special occasions!

SoCal78 said:
Thanks for the pics, PS9.

Yeah, that's called a "busking bag". I have something similar. Ditto on the double-action hand pump.

I got depressing news yesterday. There was a mis-communication with the Saturday event. It turns out they don't need my help afterall because they already have someone. I'm starting to think this was a dumb idea.  :( As a bored housewife, I generally come up with one hot, cockamamie idea every few months, get all fired up about it, and then talk myself out of it and move on to the next thing.  ;) I will still do it for the birthday party but I don't know about after that. It is fun to make for gifts, though. I love creating beautiful gifts. I made the monkey clutching a small box with a gift card inside. It's a very clever & fun thing to do for friends especially during the holidays and for special occasions!

Sorry, to hear that
Does this mean you?ll be twisting at Lambert Ranch?
Great exposure, family venue
We?ll keep an eye out.

Kids crack me up!!! Had to share this funny story.

Twisted balloons at my son's party today (will write about it later.)

After everything was said and done, I was hanging around cleaning up. A little 2 year old girl was crying her eyes out (nobody we know). The dad seemed kind of overwhelmed. So, I took a break - went and asked if he'd like me to twist up a flower to make her feel better. He said yes. He called her over and picked her up. He carried her over to me. I asked what pretty color she would like. She had a really grumpy face. The little angel said...

"BLAcK!  :mad:"

Me:  :eek:

The dad:  :-\

I twisted up a "lovely" black flower for her. (It felt so wrong.)  ??? I even told the dad, "Oh, yeah, her mother is going to love this."

No smiles but she did stop crying for a few minutes... until it was time to get in the car. Kids!!

We went to Rainforest in SCP this past week and the stuff they are making is interesting. The guy made this huge octopus, a hat that looks like a giant colorful asterisk and the Spiderman has improved (has a long clear balloon as its "web").

Made me think of this thread.

The pic is a little blurry, but, but I made these ladybugs at the party. It can be worn as a bracelet. I noticed online that someone bought 40 of these to put at each child's place setting. What a good idea for a little girl's party. We only had a few girls at our boy'ish Lego birthday party, so while 90% of the requests were weapons I managed to work in a few girly things.

The body is actually fashioned out of a heart-shaped balloon. The stripe down the back is part of the latex.

Attachments

• b-ladybug.jpg
    b-ladybug.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 457
i can tell you who not to use...super old large grumpy man who yells at kids for reaching at the balloons!  i will find the guys name so no one makes the mistake of hiring him but we saw him at a party this weekend and yah, if you have been making balloons for 30 years, it might be time to hang your hat and call it a day

annabanana said:
Socal.. Are you still doing balloons?

Does anyone have any further recommendations?

Thank you for thinking of me! {{Hugs}} Actually, I've moved on to ESL tutoring and it's going really well!! Thankfully, my students love our sessions, so it's been keeping me busy. However, in the spirit of everybody helping each other out on Talk Irvine, I'd be happy to help provide you with a step-by-step guide if you decide you want to do your own balloon twisting. I recommend considering it. It is easy to do and will save you a couple hundred bucks.

My little boy wanted a twister for his party but nobody was available. I wanted to make him happy, so I poured myself into it, researched it, ordered every kind of balloon known to man, stayed up many late nights, and taught myself. I'm not that good with my hands, so if I can do it, anyone can! Looking back on it, I made it so much harder than it had to be! I was determined to learn everything. Don't make the same mistake I made.  ;) You really only need 2-3 simple designs using 1-2 balloons to make the kids happy. They are just as happy with a 1-balloon sword as an 8-balloon cartoon character, if not moreso. My #1 request were swords, followed by #2 - flowers... not the time-consuming creations. PLUS if you want them to see something like that, just make it at home and bring it to the party. That's what I did. I made my boy a big balloon birthday cake. I put it on the table as a centerpiece!

Let me know if there are any questions. If you really want to have your hands free to host the party, I'd call any of the twisters mentioned in this thread. Mike, Nolan, etc. Good luck!

Back