Ayame Shabu Shabu Hot Pot

ps99472

24c7c627.jpg

Sesame Chicken, looked good but too pink inside, had to send it back

1801e06a.jpg

Veggie plate, note the imitation crab stick and ground chicken paste in the bamboo stick

ba0397ea.jpg

Prime ribeye (lunch)

1a462166.jpg

Before (tonkatsu and spicy miso broth split)

2ab2cf79.jpg

After

There should be a TI Meetup at Momo Hot Pot!

Then we can go to Homer Donut Star for dessert (or chinese food if you're still hungry).

Hey MoMo, what brand is the hotpot cooker?  Any recommendations on one?  My wife wants one and this could make a good Xmas gift  8)

I'm gonna do a review of Donut Star one of these days.

homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
Don't tease me.

Walk the talk... I'm patiently drooling for this.

Are there any specific items you want to see featured?  :-\

just pics please... teriyaki chicken...  chocolate sprinkles.. great combo..

homer_simpson said:
Hey MoMo, what brand is the hotpot cooker?  Any recommendations on one?  My wife wants one and this could make a good Xmas gift  8)

The electric one belongs to a friend, I think they brought it over from TW.  But you can buy similar units at some Chinese supermarkets.  I usually just use the cheap portable propane burner.  We had to prep 2 different pots because couple of the guests are vegetarian.  Pics were taken at friend's house in Monrovia before the wind blew away the trees and caused city wide blackout for 2-3 days.

IMAGE_3733E661-879F-4679-99A9-A732231F76DA.JPG

IMAGE_8F165627-E203-4C01-B408-031B79DE0F70.JPG

irvinehomeowner said:
There should be a TI Meetup at Momo Hot Pot!
Then we can go to Homer Donut Star for dessert (or chinese food if you're still hungry).

We could all just go meet at Red Pot in Garden Grove for dinner  @_@;;

ps9's simplified shabu shabu..

844b6204.jpg

214ac959.jpg

2e3fe69d.jpg

Ingredients:  Cuisinart Fondue pot (no explosive gas can, but short extension cord), H-Mart sliced rib eye, head on shrimp, H-Mart roe filled fish ball, pollock roll, shanghai bok choy, fat "enoki" mushrooms (forgot the name), white corn, satay, and paired with Firestone's Velvet Merlin.  Satay is overpowering and hard to pair with any beverages..  Oatmeal stout worked out pretty well...

70f82e1f.jpg

Sumo meal, tonkotsu chanko nabe...  Ramen was a nice finish, Ayame's sesame and ponzu sauces are much better then swsh

Back