Auto industry recalls

[quote author="graceomalley"]Buy your house on Jan. 22 and go the any Chinese restaurant there will be no line.[/quote]

IMG_8571ChinesePuzzleWindowDisplayRS.jpg

All bad mojo for Toyota. This has got to be hurting their dealerships across the country, especially during one of the worst recessions in US history. What are they going to sell now?

I am surprised they didn't stop the sales of their Lexus ES350 sedan, the same model involved in the infamous San Diego crash.

Narrator: A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
Business woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?
Narrator: You wouldn't believe.
Business woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?
Narrator: A major one.

techies%20fight%20club.jpg

This is a terrible blow to Toyota who were always known for their reliability..Honda and Nissan are probably rejoicing now...

Apparently the recall only invloves N American built Models and not Scion, probably because they're built in Japan, well the xB is anyway but it does have the Camry 2.4 engine and I'm assuming the same control system?

Could there be an influx of Product liabilility Cases even if Owners Cars haven't had a problem due to stress and loss of confidence in their Car? I don't know, that's why I'm asking...

[quote author="peteruk"]

Apparently the recall only invloves N American built Models and not Scion, probably because they're built in Japan, well the xB is anyway but it does have the Camry 2.4 engine and I'm assuming the same control system?[/quote]

For the latest information about the recall check http://www.toyota.com/recall/

I have the Sports Edition model of the RAV4 V6 AWD (which I love btw)...RAV4 vehicles with VINs that begin with "J" are not affected by the recalls (just like your Scion xB).

Ford recalls Chinese cars due to accelerator problem

transit.jpg

We've all heard of the massive Toyota recall regarding the accelerator pedals, but it seems that they aren't the only automaker that is getting plagued by the problem. It was recently announced that Ford will be stopping production altogether of their Transit in China due to the same problem. You may be thinking this is quite the coincidence but it seems that Ford actually gets the accelerator pedals from the same supplier that Toyota does.

While this problem probably won't bother you much it just goes to show you how massive this problem is turning out to be.

http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/ford-recalls-chinese-cars-due-to-accelerator-problem/

Back