Architect referral - Room addition & Layout

rkp

Have a 1950's 1300 sq ft 3b/2b house on a raised foundation and want to enlarge it to a 4b/3b house.  Contractors have come and given us ideas on where to add the additional room but the flow doesn't feel right.  I think we need an architect to help us.  Looking for referrals and any pro tips if you have added a room before.  Also how much should the architect service cost?

IHS's firm seems on the higher end of things with projects like shady canyon houses.  We got quotes on adding the room and updating the house and the whole thing is about $50-75K depending on options.  If an architect costs $1000-$3000, it would make sense but if they are in the 5 digits, it will really hurt the budget.  Will make some phone calls.

I've a friend lives in San Marino and just have something similar done about 2 year ago.  He's also a 1950's house on raised foundation.  The Architect did numerous houses in that area and is well perceived.  I'll send you a PM. 

lnc said:
I've a friend lives in San Marino and just have something similar done about 2 year ago.  He's also a 1950's house on raised foundation.  The Architect did numerous houses in that area and is well perceived.  I'll send you a PM.

Most of the contractors that I have dealt with in the past, are from the 626 area. (Alhambra)

Back