Apartments in Irvine

TimHume_IHB

Fantastic blog. I am thrilled that I found it. I will be relocating back to Orange County this year. My wife and I will be moving back in December. I will be out there in November to look around for a place to live. Since we don't want to buy for the next couple of years, thanks to the wealth of analysis on this site, we are looking at renting an apartment. I would like to get some advice. I have never rented a place in Irvine.

There is just the two of us, but we have furniture from our current home that we would like to keep so we can have it for when we buy something in 2 years. So, I would like to find a place with either 3 bedrooms or with 2 bedrooms and a den (or a really big family room).

I haven't found a great web site to search for apartments. I found the IAC web site, but aren't there places that would not be listed there? From the IAC site, I found these prospects and would like feedback on the quality of them:

San Carlo Villa

San Paulo

Villa Siena

Brittany at Oak Creek

Sonoma at Oak Creek

Shadow Oaks

Woodbury Place

Santa Maria

Since I will be out there next month to check them all out, I can see them before committing. But, I won't be able to tell much about the quality of the management, the noise levels, etc. Any advice or opinions? What other places can I try?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

We (husband & I) moved from AZ to CA and rented in the Shadow Oaks Apt Complex for 1 1/2 years. We loved it there. We rented floor Plan E which has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths- 2 story, full garage and good size patio. It was also an end unit. The management was always friendly. If something needed to be tended to, it was done done promptly. It was quiet. We loved it because it was right near the paved bike path and within walking distance (a block) to our favorite stores & pizza place. It was convenient but quiet. This was about 4 1/2 years ago but Irvine apts seem well taken care of. We left to buy a house and still go to that area to shop. Now, we wish we would have sold and gone back to the apt for awhile and waited a bit. We were actually thinking of doing that. We do like the Oak Creek area.

Our second choice for an apartment at that time would have been Newport Bluffs in Newport Beach. They were nice too.

Brittany at Oak Creek was closer to the freeway and seemed loud to me.

Hope this helps a little. The IAC website I think is the best place to look. Good luck in your move.

Judy

<p>I've been at San Carlo Villa for 2 years, in the 3 bed 2.5 townhome style --- 1300 sq. ft. We have been very happy with it. The community is not as new (built in 1988 I bellieve) but it totally renovated with all the white cabinets, granite, fake pergo, etc.. From what I can tell, pretty much all the IAC apartments look exactly the same inside. What I like about San Carlo (and all the older places) is that they are far less congested than the new communities, with a lot of green space for kids and pets. San Carlo is also tucked back into a residential neighborhood, which is nice. And you can get into the 3 bed here for under $2500/mo (I'm at less than $2400, but lease is coming up again soon). Only drawback is that the garage is detached, but I figure if I can't walk 50 feet to my garage in this weather, I have bigger issues. </p>

<p>So I would recommend checking out San Carlo. Another one of my favorites is Turtle Rock Canyon. Same general feel as described above, except some have attached garages, and it is assigned to very highly regarded schools. But you pay a premium for that. I would transfer to Turtle Rock Canyon if was planning on renting for several more years, but since I will be buying a house in 2009-10 like everyone else out here, I'll just stay put for now! </p>

<p>I like what is for rent on the private market better, too --- but at this point the peace of mind that my IAC unit won't be foreclosed out from under me makes for a better night sleep.</p>

Back