Any opinions on Westpark Montessori?

NAEYC accredited, hard to get in like all the other Montessori (village, northwood, etc.)..  if you can get in, go for it.. about the same price as other non-accredited schools..

We like it.  Haven't had any problems, issues, or negative experiences.  I've never heard of any bullying going on.  Teachers are pretty on top of that sort of thing. 

If you have any specific questions, please fell free to ask.

I had a few kids there already.  The school is great.  The waiting list to get in is YEARS so put your application in as soon as you become pregnant....seriously.  Our first kid was not able to get in until he was three years old.  We applied a few months after he was born.
If you had/have a kid in the school already, the second/third/etc. kids get priority over all the other applicants trying to get in for the first time so there is no real wait time and you can get in at their first birthday.  Their rule to get in is "One and walking".

The 4 Montessori schools owned by the same people, Northwood, Village, Westpark and University, are all top-notch.

But yes... the waiting list to get in is ridiculous.

i did what ps9 recommended in another thread and called and emailed a few times and we are in now :)  i did put her on the waitlist but only about 6 months ago and just started actively calling a month ago.

my daughter wont start for a few more weeks so we are doing a mad dash to check out other programs.  we quickly ruled out kindercare and similar services after a tour as they seem to have a revolving door of teachers.  no bachelors necessary and it all seemed very temporary.

westpark seems to have a group of teachers that have been around for a while and maintains the 4-1 ratio which was important to us.  the only downside was that the teachers didnt seem super enthusiastic but it could have just been the rainy day and gloomy weather.  we went to a home based montessori thats really well run and loved the enthusiasm but thats an owner-teacher operation and much smaller. 

"we went to a home based montessori thats really well run and loved the enthusiasm but thats an owner-teacher operation and much smaller.  "

Do you mind sharing where this home based montessori is located?  Thanks.

moonchild - will share if we decide to pass them up...they only have 1 spot left at the moment...

Thanks rkp.  Let me know when you are ready.  We are not in a hurry, but would like to explore options for the long term.

My son has been there for four years and my little one will start this summer.  The school is great and we've never had any issues. The staff is very caring. I am a firm believer of the montessori system.  But the waitlist period is crazy. I was on that list when I was 5 months pregnant.  I called every year for the first two years just to make sure they knew I was still interested.  Good luck!

Reactions: LP
Back